1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

It is a beast of a thing. I freaking love it but it's *very* impractical. I went back and read through this thread when I got mine, and I remember reading The Saga of a-dev and his Batmobile. :lecture

I think I recall DiFabio had a helluva time with getting a pristine one.

Hah, so I must have chronicled my thought processes and my back & forth decisions at the time. You're right I think DiFabio initially got a crappy one.

Ha ha I can appreciate that.

Surely this falls into that "Nice Problem to have" category though? ;) lol

It does. The Batmobile stays. There's a ****-tonne of other stuff I should get rid of instead.

Everytime i move it, i put it back in the box lol, i bought one from the original release from asia, my shipper had to modify the box to send it to the US, meanwhile i got the bat mobile with zero scratches lolol i had to go on ebay to rebuy a used box that was amazingly shipped with no crease and used my old box’s batmobile cutout and framed it.

No scratches

But it’s all upto you though, the original 1989 batmobile was NEVER black, it was a matte mix of grey and black, kind of matte gunmetal technically, believe it or not the most accurate painting chart for this was released on the new 1:24 batmobile, which told you how to mix it right, basically anything 1989 is never fully black including the rims.

The returns though is like we all know glossy and shinnier, the only reason I didn’t go that route was because I couldn’t find the right 1:6 wipers for the canopy to mirror the movie for screen accuracy but most people won’t know.

My ultimate mod was trying to alter the interior with more LED’s but that was turning out to expensive since i had a friend who was going to drill and make new dials, that’s too much.

My biggest mistake was leaving the shield outside for a while since my kids scratched it too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finally picked this up. Had a bit of damage to it, but at $530 I can't complain. Especially since I got some skill with an airbrush :pray:

Here is some before pics with the scratches and broken gas cap

Then some photos of the areas after the repairs

Attachments

• s-l1602.jpg
    s-l1602.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 173
  • s-l1603.jpg
    s-l1603.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 177
  • s-l1601.jpg
    s-l1601.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 173
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3888.jpg
    IMG_3888.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_3890.jpg
    IMG_3890.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I remember back in 2013 I paid mine 550€, it was the more expensive prop/figure I ever bought at that time. Today 530€ seems a bargain even with scratches.
And you did an awesome work!
Congrats and enjoy!
:wink1:

I'm sure they can, if you can manage to take the car apart and access them. Should be easy enough to solder the new LED to the existing wires and then hot glue it back into place.

You'd probably want to replace both headlights though, so one doesn't end up looking slightly different or brighter than the other.

Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Back in 2015 i emailed hot toys about led fixes, it?s useless unless it was back in production they could had exchanged it back then, but yeah we?re SOL on this one, i?ve wanting to do mod to this for the longest time by just adding led?s to the right side of the cockpit were the screen is, it?s the only bit missing, quite honestly taking this apart is easy though and should be quick to fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I opened the box to see if nothing was deteriorated since it was packed two years ago. Still prinstine.
Always the same feeling when I open the box, it’s so huge!!!
What an awesome piece.

Back