1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In today's market, these are genuine gems. With the MCU and Star Wars being at full steam you KNOW they won't make them today, ditto with the older Terminators as well.

Looks like they're done with Back to the Future aswell. That line and the Burton Batman lines mirror eachother somewhat. BTTF got one less figure though.

Looks like they're done with Back to the Future aswell. That line and the Burton Batman lines mirror eachother somewhat. BTTF got one less figure though.

Yeah I just count myself lucky I got in early enough to get myself a couple of Keaton batmen, a batmobile & a tumbler.
These are things il always keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve only seen pics of the Batpod, but it looks really nice with proper lighting in some members’ collections.

I always consoled myself for not getting the original DeLorean that we would get the BttF 2 & that I'd get that but as you say that's a non starter now :(

Original one (like the '89 Batmobile) is horrifically expensive so my Marty shall forever stand alone :(

Neil

I sold off Marty because the Delorean was going to cost too much and that was at initial retail. I was also worried about how many figures from the line I'd feel obligated to buy, y'know, for completism sake. How naive :lol Wasn't many as it turned out.

I sold off Marty because the Delorean was going to cost too much and that was at initial retail. I was also worried about how many figures from the line I'd feel obligated to buy, y'know, for completism sake. How naive :lol Wasn't many as it turned out.

This was a weird property for me. I haven't seen the films in many years and wouldn't call myself a fan, but similar to Ghostbusters (more so, even) -- the films are connected to a very particular and nostalgic era. Marty and the Delorean would have been such a cool, iconic display for that reason, but realistically speaking I was never going to be able to justify the space or the cost for a "nice-to-have" so I easily passed on the line, such as it was.

'89 Batmobile was another story. :lecture

This was a weird property for me. I haven't seen the films in many years and wouldn't call myself a fan, but similar to Ghostbusters (more so, even) -- the films are connected to a very particular and nostalgic era. Marty and the Delorean would have been such a cool, iconic display for that reason, but realistically speaking I was never going to be able to justify the space or the cost for a "nice-to-have" so I easily passed on the line, such as it was.

'89 Batmobile was another story. :lecture

Although I do watch the BTTF trilogy every couple of years - at least as much as Batman '89. The difference for me was I never cared to own BTTF toys when I was a child - it wasn't something I wanted to 'play'. And even though I don't play with my figures anymore that attitude sort of carried on into my adult collecting life. I don't tend to go outside of the kind of movies and characters that I wanted toys from when I was a child. I've made exceptions but then ultimately sold those off when I needed money - Marty McFly included.

If money were no object though I'd buy him back into the collection tomorrow along with the Delorean and probably the Pt II Doc and Marty they made.

After having one I really don’t think it’s that must of a “have to have”
Thing that got me about it it was it looked cheap along side all the other vehicles.
Massive batman fan and it was an easy sell on for me that I don’t miss

Anyone have insight into the two weekly re-occurring Batmobile listings that have been popping up for over a year on Ebay? Always sell for around $900. image.jpg

After having one I really don’t think it’s that must of a “have to have”
Thing that got me about it it was it looked cheap along side all the other vehicles.
Massive batman fan and it was an easy sell on for me that I don’t miss

Agree with this. I had one and sold it too.

Well yeah on it's own I can see the Batpod not being terribly impressive, but I was thinking of it more as a background piece or something to pose my Catwoman on, as I've really liked the pics I've seen of that. There about a dozen things that are more Must Have for me right now though, so I'm in no rush.

Yeah it's definitely on my list to get someday. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one on ebay a while back that sold for only $230 or so.

to each his own opinion, I liked the fact that it was used in the last two installments of the trilogy, not just a one time deal...

Well yeah on it's own I can see the Batpod not being terribly impressive, but I was thinking of it more as a background piece or something to pose my Catwoman on, as I've really liked the pics I've seen of that. There about a dozen things that are more Must Have for me right now though, so I'm in no rush.

Yeah I completely understand, I was the same and I really wanted to like the bat pod but alongside the tumblers it just looked like a cheap plastic toy-hard to explain but you really have to see it in hand-t has a very cheap toy plastic finish to it.
I was disappointed straight out the box with it, it just looked out of place with the rest

Yeah I completely understand, I was the same and I really wanted to like the bat pod but alongside the tumblers it just looked like a cheap plastic toy-hard to explain but you really have to see it in hand-it has a very cheap toy plastic finish to it.
I was disappointed straight out the box with it, it just looked out of place with the rest

The Batpod is a must for any Dark Knight collection....

About 2 years ago I was visiting Austin for the F1 and did the rounds at some local comic book stores. They had a new Batpod unopened on the shelf, bough it for $250 Was so excited..... Still don't have 1/6 catwoman to ride it though. But yeah its a cool piece to own, to me doesn't look cheap, has some decent weight to it and fits right in with the collection.

Back