1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would say no. the depth of 15 3/4 would be very tight at best and just plain not fit at worst.

i have mine in a Besta which has the same depth and i had to customize the shelf by extending the depth about 2 1/2 to 3 inches.

i would say no. the depth of 15 3/4 would be very tight at best and just plain not fit at worst.

i have mine in a Besta which has the same depth and i had to customize the shelf by extending the depth about 2 1/2 to 3 inches.

Thanks for the info.

So I finally took the plunge and pulled the trigger on the 89 batmobile, I really should of never canceled my order from BBTS, its was $100 less at the time, oh well, lesson learned. ironic part is I ended up buying mine from BBTS and it seems I might of got the last one, craziness. I just hope mine doesn't have the scratches like I have heard from a lot of other freeks on the fourms. A piece like this would be a nightmare to return, so keeping fingers crossed. :pray:

Oh and awesome paint job on the rims Ron, they look much better than stock IMO, wish I had the guts to do mine like that.

Last edited:
Thank you man! :wink1:
You just need to dash yourself and all will be good! The longest and laborious part is to well protect the entire car to avoid bad surprises. I used the tamiya scotch witch is really easy to use and the Rewell stop color for more delicate parts that are hardly reachable with the scotch.
After i understand that it is delicate to modify a 700$ collectible but honestly no regret!

Thank you man! :wink1:
You just need to dash yourself and all will be good! The longest and laborious part is to well protect the entire car to avoid bad surprises. I used the tamiya scotch witch is really easy to use and the Rewell stop color for more delicate parts that are hardly reachable with the scotch.
After i understand that it is delicate to modify a 700$ collectible but honestly no regret!

and if you mess it up, there's always this option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYdBr5_FMzM

^ Not interested in the BBTS option? I think it's a great deal if you don't have one to get a scratched one for almost 32% off of retail. You might get lucky and get flawless one, someone here did.

^ Not interested in the BBTS option? I think it's a great deal if you don't have one to get a scratched one for almost 32% off of retail. You might get lucky and get flawless one, someone here did.

No I got mine from BBTS before they sold out, I think I got the last one, I was just wondering other than BBTS scratched one if anyone still had em up for sale.

Personaly the right color in the mood of the movie is a dark bronze/gunmetal.
I tried to get closer of this:

As said previously, in Batman returns the rims are full black so they appear black but in 89 the rims are more dark gunmetal but appear dark, quite black in the entire film due to the fact that we often see the car at nightime.
On the photosets or promotional photos, they appear light gunmetal or silver due to the lights of the set or flash but for me the batmobile is more accurate, in the mood and beautiful with dark rims .

To answer to Roberto yes Hot Toys get wrong with the stock rims which are really too light but it's my personal opinion and maybe some of us are happy with the stock color and it's good.

:wink1:

Thanks for the reply Rond :duff I think I'm gonna leave mine as they are for the time being. I'm sure I've got plenty of other statues, etc that are not 100% movie accurate which don't bother me too much so I guess this will be another one ;)

This collectible is still in stock in some local dealers here and and can be bought for as low as $570 WITH FREE DELIVERY. Made me regret pre-ordering it. Had to secure my order as I thought it would be an instant sell out as both releases of the Tumbler, but it seems that most collectors here are not real fans of Batman outside of TDK Trilogy.

This collectible is still in stock in some local dealers here and and can be bought for as low as $570 WITH FREE DELIVERY. Made me regret pre-ordering it. Had to secure my order as I thought it would be an instant sell out as both releases of the Tumbler, but it seems that most collectors here are not real fans of Batman outside of TDK Trilogy.

I think the main reason a lot of places had trouble selling them was because of the ridiculous size of the box. It is such an insane thing to ship and the high shipping fees on top of the high price turned a lot of folks off. It also didn't help that there were many with QC issues and it was a nightmare to send back.

I think the main reason a lot of places had trouble selling them was because of the ridiculous size of the box. It is such an insane thing to ship and the high shipping fees on top of the high price turned a lot of folks off. It also didn't help that there were many with QC issues and it was a nightmare to send back.

I thought of that, but at $570 with free delivery and still the stocks aren't moving tells me that it's beyond that. Sell a tumbler at the same price and it's gone soon. Also, 89 Joker and Batman here are selling at $140-170. So yeah, I think most collectors here are not into Burton Batman.

I thought of that, but at $570 with free delivery and still the stocks aren't moving tells me that it's beyond that. Sell a tumbler at the same price and it's gone soon. Also, 89 Joker and Batman here are selling at $140-170. So yeah, I think most collectors here are not into Burton Batman.

Those are great prices, its a shame no one is biting. I agree the Nolan stuff is much more popular than the Burton stuff just about everywhere.

Those are great prices, its a shame no one is biting. I agree the Nolan stuff is much more popular than the Burton stuff just about everywhere.

Yeah, you can even see Nicholson Jokers being given away for free as contest prizes by some local shops, and those $140-170 1989 figures tend to stay for months unsold in local BuySellTrade forums. Also, I saw a lot of reactions lately at local groups after the 66 Batman and Robin set was released saying that they didn't preorder those figures at all.

Nolanverse I guess is a novelty to the eyes of many collectors at least where I'm from.

Back