1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to see it
zy5uduqu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That 3D render is a pretty accurate image of how most external shots of the BTAS Batmobile appeared on the show...and a perfect illustration of why it would be very difficult to build a 1/6 scale model (or any scale model) of this car that had both the right external proportions and the right amount of room inside the cabin as illustrated in most interior shots. BTAS Batman was built like a huge tank of a man, but still the BTAS cockpit had enough room for both him and a passenger to fit comfortably. Look at how tiny the canopy is on that accurate 3D render. A car with those proportions could fit barely one in-scale figure....just like the Kenner version.

At least the 55" has dropped in price. :lol

Mon Feb 10, 2014 at 02:00 PM ET
Tags: LG, OLED (all tags)

LG has significantly reduced the price of its flagship 55-inch OLED display.
After making its debut in July of last year at a $15,000 price point, LG is cutting the price of its curved-screen 55-inch OLED HDTV. The 55EA9800 will now retail for $7,999, and LG is currently offering a special $1,000 instant rebate, bringing the suggested price down to $6,999.

The TV uses a 1080p OLED (organic light-emitting diode) curved-screen panel which offers superior contrast and black levels over traditional LCD technology. The set also features 3D capabilities, LG's proprietary WRGB four-color pixel system, THX certified picture, and Smart TV functions. Finally, the display comes complete with four 3D glasses and is ENERGY STAR certified.

It's not clear how long LG's instant rebate will be active, but for now customers can purchase the 55EA9800 from Amazon and its affiliated sellers for as low as $6,499.

Yeah, I heard. 0.00cd^m2 black levels. It's pure sex. Inky blacks.

https://www.avforums.com/review/lg-ea980-55ea980-curved-1080p-oled-tv-review.9969

I want DAT BTAS Batmobile in 1/6th! I'll pay one grand, one grand. And I ain't just talking either.

May I know the length of 89 Batmobile from front bumber to back wing? I need to ensure my cabinet able to fit the vehicle. tq

Not in the slightest kind of Batman mood at the moment, and yet still wish I could bring this thing into my bedroom and fall asleep looking at it. I didn't anticipate quite how much I wouldn't regret buying this.

Not in the slightest kind of Batman mood at the moment, and yet still wish I could bring this thing into my bedroom and fall asleep looking at it. I didn't anticipate quite how much I wouldn't regret buying this.

I thought you only collect Terminator, a-dev?

Would love to see your collection/set up man.

I have steered my collection that way the last year or two. Today it is mostly Terminator and I will have the new Robocop stuff when all that comes out. Nevertheless I have some superheroes still and so far that includes every HT Burton Batman release. My set up isn't much to look at though. I just have batmobile on top of its box which has a cover over it.

Finally take the time and the courage to work on the paint of the rims wich are for me the big weak point of this beautifull batmobile.

So after had covered the entire car with an alimentary film and open a protected space on the rims, i started with a brillant silver paint. It's a silver that have a black pigment.

Then i used a deep black for the second couch in order to have a paint with a depth.

Ididn't wanted a full black but something between the too bright aluminium stock version and the full black of the return one.

Finally i'm very happy of the result, it's a sort of black mixed with a metallic bronze depth. It's not full black and not aluminium, it's really in the mood of the movie!

:yess:

sorry for the poor quality of the picture...

let's discover:

I will do better pictures when i'll got time. I leave France next week to discover NYC!

See you soon!

:wink1:

Back