1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. Problem for me is I ordered much later than you. There was a stronger possibility that they just wouldn't come through for me.
In any case by ordering with SS I'm not paying all that much more with the way the exchange rates are.

Mine has already arrived in Britain. Damn that's fast. Just a pity its the weekend now otherwise I could have had it 'tomorrow' or the day after.

Do most people have this now? and is that the reason this is pretty much a dead thread?

I am sure one of the lads can tell us but from what I remember seeing there is some stuff but perhaps those things can be arranged to allow some other Hot Toys boxes to be put in there.

I think it would be madness throwing away the box!

With all the foam pieces inside you will not be able to fit any other boxes inside. The only usable space would be where the shield and car were.

Yeah, wouldn't throw away the box. You just never know. It may seem inconceivable now but one might have a need to sell this stuff somewhere down the line. I'm not planning for that but its not impossible.

Once you guys have it in hand you might feel different. The box is ridiculous and way larger than it had to be.

-I'm never going to sell it.
-I will never put the shield on it again as I fear it might scratch the paint (which means it will never go in the box again since the foam is molded for the shield, not the car).
-My box had a couple dents and some scuffs.
-I found the box pretty boring in design.

I always keep my boxes for my 1/6 stuff, but I had to make an exception for this. It was just too overbearing.

I've just realised that monday coming is a bank holiday in Ireland. So I can't expect to be pleasantly surprised by an earlier than scheduled delivery. ****ing bank holidays. They are useless to me. And they so often interfere with my receiving things. :gah:

Do most people have this now? and is that the reason this is pretty much a dead thread?

This is the problem with being late to the party. Hardly anyone cares anymore.

Hey folks, new to the forum and just had to let the UK members, more specifically those who ordered from Collectables Direct know that it is amazing. Decided to pick mine from the courier rather than let it lie all weekend in a depot for the Monday delivery. Could not wait to have it since I pre-orderd it 17 months ago.

Great thing is that Hot Toys learned a lesson from the first release with the damage that was sustained to the car by putting some thick plastic between the car and the shield. So no scratches of any kind on the car. Box was also in first class condition. So a big thanks to Collectables Direct for getting it to me in one piece.

It is fantastic piece really really pleased, only thing is that one of the passenger side front head lights is not working. Anyone any idea what I could do to fix it?

I threw my shipping box away. If the actual art box wasn't being use for my display to put the Batmobile on top of, I'd throw it away too.

Congrats Bicrod :clap

Cheers Buddy!!!

Hey folks, new to the forum and just had to let the UK members, more specifically those who ordered from Collectables Direct know that it is amazing. Decided to pick mine from the courier rather than let it lie all weekend in a depot for the Monday delivery. Could not wait to have it since I pre-orderd it 17 months ago.

Great thing is that Hot Toys learned a lesson from the first release with the damage that was sustained to the car by putting some thick plastic between the car and the shield. So no scratches of any kind on the car. Box was also in first class condition. So a big thanks to Collectables Direct for getting it to me in one piece.

It is fantastic piece really really pleased, only thing is that one of the passenger side front head lights is not working. Anyone any idea what I could do to fix it?

That's Great to here Lees service has always been first class, if you look through the thread there are a few people who have taken it apart

I got my tracking details from collectibles direct yesterday should be here Monday :)

With everyone else coming out I'm having to delay paying mine off with Lee, the wait goes on... :(

Looking forward to your pics :)

Great news that Lee is sorting us out with mint Batmobiles :yess:

Mines still sitting inside the box since late August. Been super busy to actually finish my Ikea Granas case but its almost done.

With all the foam pieces inside you will not be able to fit any other boxes inside. The only usable space would be where the shield and car were.

Once you guys have it in hand you might feel different. The box is ridiculous and way larger than it had to be.

-I'm never going to sell it.
-I will never put the shield on it again as I fear it might scratch the paint (which means it will never go in the box again since the foam is molded for the shield, not the car).
-My box had a couple dents and some scuffs.
-I found the box pretty boring in design.

I always keep my boxes for my 1/6 stuff, but I had to make an exception for this. It was just too overbearing.

I threw my shipping box away. If the actual art box wasn't being use for my display to put the Batmobile on top of, I'd throw it away too.

are the 2 Styrofoam pieces the same size as the 2 boxes?

There's 7 pieces, and yeah, together they're about the same size as the box.

3 at the bottom under the Batmobile and cardboard layer (2 sides, one middle) and 3 at the top that hold the accessories (2 sides, one middle). Then there's the little piece behind the afterburner.

There's 7 pieces, and yeah, together they're about the same size as the box.

3 at the bottom under the Batmobile and cardboard layer (2 sides, one middle) and 3 at the top that hold the accessories (2 sides, one middle). Then there's the little piece behind the afterburner.

so do you think it would be ok space wise just to keep the Styrofoam pieces?

Back