1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far so good for me. It would be too awkward to take the whole thing out here at work but I've looked inside the box and there does appear to be a plastic sheet sticking out from under the shield. Hopefully there were no pre-existing scratches and it did its job for the journey to Ireland.

Feeling very stoked to have this though. The Batmobile.

It's like one of those museum pieces you always stand and admire for 10 minutes and keep going... :eek: especially the interior lights.

Mine arrived today.
Big plastic box between the car and the cocoon. No scratches or scuffs, so I'm very happy!!!
OMg, the box is so big, it almost don't fit on my car...I really want to keep the box, but I don't know where to store ir...

This is going to be fun and games trying to make a backdrop for it.

rh2w.jpg

0tgt.jpg

m2q9.jpg

ubmx.jpg

tqi2.jpg

qxlu.jpg

I've opened mine and I've found some blemishy looking areas that look like they took pressure. Thankfully they only show under intense lighting-specific scrutiny, nothing I'm bothered by to be honest. I took some macro-photographs that make them look a hell of a lot worse than they are in person. And there's some other 'pressure marks' (that's all I know how to describe them) on the roof to the rear of the canopy. Also hardly noticeable unless with macro-focussed photographs of the area. I'm not gonna complain. Sideshow did all they could to prevent damage and I'm sure they must have eaten some of the shipping cost.

I'm happy. Now to put in the batteries and test the lights.

edit - all lights appear to be working. Excellent and Wow. This is the batmobile.

Love that first pic Vodoun, somehow your room looks like the batcave in the dim light.

And still i'm waiting for WaiMan to get his shipment...FP have sent there's out ffs. This is gettin stupid

Looks very similar to the studio, Batman/Batmobile shoots, excellent job. You can't even tell it's an action figure/toy. Hell, with a little more lighting you could probably make it look identical to the photo shoots. Very nice work Vodoun.

Good to hear you don't have any damages a-dev (and Vodoun). Waiting pays off.

You blown away a-dev? Let me guess, that interior with the lights is your favorite part? That's really impressive how fast Sideshow got it out to you. That took what, a week? Less?

Looks very similar to the studio, Batman/Batmobile shoots, excellent job. You can't even tell it's an action figure/toy. Hell, with a little more lighting you could probably make it look identical to the photo shoots. Very nice work Vodoun.

Thanks.

Thats the only thing I sometimes don't like about DSLR's. If it's too sharp it's too real. It's one of the reasons I set the camera sharpening to 0. Soften it a little more in post processing and a tiny bit of noise you get that magazine/studio look.

Good to hear you don't have any damages a-dev (and Vodoun). Waiting pays off.

You blown away a-dev? Let me guess, that interior with the lights is your favorite part? That's really impressive how fast Sideshow got it out to you. That took what, a week? Less?

The interior lights and dashboard detail are incredible yes. But the overall magnitude and beauty of the car is just such a sight to behold. This is a real attention grabber. And I'm imagining an electronically rotating display base with LEDs and so on. Like the Batmobile in Batman Forever's first reveal in the batcave..albeit with the 89 car.

No particular urge to put Batman inside it surprisingly. I feel he'd be hiding some of that interior detail with his cape and so on. Plus the film allows for an active but empty Batmobile because of the remote driving feature he had.

And yeah very impressive shipping speed. It was obviously handled pretty well, not much damage to the shipper. Almost makes up for the customs fee I'm gonna have to pay.

Reminds me of some of those Audi's with the dials all lit up red. The sheen and how it changes dependant on the lighting conditions is quite surreal. Especially the size, it leaves you stunned. I also love the huge red glow from the rear. Amazing how well Hot Toys has made the lights. How far the front and rear lamps beam out.

Yeah. I mean it was a foregone conclusion that there'd be lights in it but they still impress.

Its a real ''can't believe I own this'' collectible here.

Major dust magnet of course and it picks up finger prints easily. I'm using the cloth they provided with the 1:4 endoskeleton to clean it.

Back