1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Space has been officially designated for this badboy. :monkey3 I've decided I will use the box to display it on top of and I'll put something over it to hide the inevitably banged up shipper. This will solve the issue of where in **** to store the box. I am 90% sure I've got enough space here. It'll be beside my computer desk so I can just turn my head to the right and see it in all its splendour.

Now please please let there be no major issues.

Can't frigging wait :yess:

Last flex is tomorrow for me. Wife doesnt know yet. kinda hoping it comes when shes at work so I can hide it in the attic. I didnt make a spot for it yet cuz im gona change my shelf setup to the ikea ivar for depth. Shes gonna see theres no spot for it yet and ask where I think im puttin this thing lol. Then ask how much it was which will be impossible to lie about when she see the monster of a box. Please ups come when shes working lol.

Last flex is tomorrow for me. Wife doesnt know yet. kinda hoping it comes when shes at work so I can hide it in the attic. I didnt make a spot for it yet cuz im gona change my shelf setup to the ikea ivar for depth. Shes gonna see theres no spot for it yet and ask where I think im puttin this thing lol. Then ask how much it was which will be impossible to lie about when she see the monster of a box. Please ups come when shes working lol.

ha ha have fun hand bag shopping this weekend :D

:lol:lol
Wow, good luck! I'm very curious to see how this story ends.

Thanks nocternus, i'll do that. Though onesixthbruce said he hopes to get them in. So its still a waiting game. Just for info, do you know how much roughly that would be (customs/tax) . I am thinking around $200?

It cost me GBP118 from Sideshow via Fedex :wink1:

It cost me GBP118 from Sideshow via Fedex :wink1:

That is actually very reasonable. If you don't mind me asking how much in £ did that cost you in total including shipping?

Sideshow are showing the price as $629.99 EUR €456.68. Just checked paypal and that is: 401.27 GBP (1 GBP = 1.57002 USD). When I put in $629.99. Not sure how much shipping to the UK is with sideshow.

£401+£118 (customs/tax) = £519 excluding shipping cost. hmmm Maybe worth getting it direct via sideshow.

Also on the sideshow website it says Limited Edition, does anyone know exactly how many are made?

That is actually very reasonable. If you don't mind me asking how much in £ did that cost you in total including shipping?

Sideshow are showing the price as $629.99 EUR €456.68. Just checked paypal and that is: 401.27 GBP (1 GBP = 1.57002 USD). When I put in $629.99. Not sure how much shipping to the UK is with sideshow.

£401+£118 (customs/tax) = £519 excluding shipping cost. hmmm Maybe worth getting it direct via sideshow.

Also on the sideshow website it says Limited Edition, does anyone know exactly how many are made?

:lol:lol customs tax is never reasonable!! :rotfl but i know what you mean :wink1:

Sideshow shipping is where most us got stung! To ship from Sideshow to UK cost a whopping $108 :horror:horror

Unfortunately, being an impatient bastard like myself comes at a cost! :lol :lol if you want things right away, im afraid your gonna have to pay a bit extra...

:lol:lol customs tax is never reasonable!! :rotfl but i know what you mean :wink1:

Sideshow shipping is where most us got stung! To ship from Sideshow to UK cost a whopping $108 :horror:horror

Unfortunately that the cost of being an impatient bastard! :lol :lol

:lol i'll ask sideshow to mark it down as $10 in value and description sample toy

$108 for shipping that is £68.70

Adding that all up:

£401.27+£118+£68.70 = I'm :cuckoo: / Broke / £587.97

:lol:lol welcome to my world!!! :exactly:

Well if we are gonna be :cuckoo:. We might as well :fireworks

To make you feel better, check this out. I asked for a shipping price on ebay for the 1/6 batmobile and guess what they quoted me in dollars to the UK. This is excluding customs/tax...

Here is a picture to make you :1-1:

ScreenShot2013-10-25at103753_zpse536ac74.png

Well if we are gonna be :cuckoo:. We might as well :fireworks

To make you feel better, check this out. I asked for a shipping price on ebay for the 1/6 batmobile and guess what they quoted me in dollars to the UK. This is excluding customs/tax...

Here is a picture to make you :1-1:

ScreenShot2013-10-25at103753_zpse536ac74.png

:lol :lol that makes me feel better!

At the end of the day it only takes a certain collectible to make me feel that it was worth spending the extra £££ and this collectible was no exception. The 1/6 89 Batmobile is a real thing if beauty and to have it in my living room brings back all those cool memories as a teenager when I first saw the movie! :rock

9evutazu.jpg

a3asytuv.jpg

:lol :lol that makes me feel better!

At the end of the day it only takes a certain collectible to make me feel that it was worth spending the extra £££ and this collectible was no exception. The 1/6 89 Batmobile is a real thing if beauty and to have it in my living room brings back all those cool memories as a teenager when I first saw the movie! :rock

9evutazu.jpg

a3asytuv.jpg

The way you've displayed the batmobile is epic :thud::hi5:

Your right those cool memories as a teenager are priceless. I'll see you in the mental institution when we get checked in a couple of years time :rock2

Though saying that I collect diecast road cars (ATeam Van / Knight Rider). If you look at the price of 1:8 diecast from Amalgam https://www.amalgamcollection.com/en/. They cost alot more than what this Batmobile costs.

The way you've displayed the batmobile is epic :thud::hi5:

Your right those cool memories as a teenager are priceless. I'll see you in the mental institution when we get checked in a couple of years time :rock2

Though saying that I collect diecast road cars (ATeam Van / Knight Rider). If you look at the price of 1:8 diecast from Amalgam https://www.amalgamcollection.com/en/. They cost alot more than what this Batmobile costs.

Thanks buddy :hi5:

Memories are sometimes what makes us decide we want a specific collectible, at least it does with me at times. As a kid watching these movies are minds get taken away with all the amazing special effects, super cars, super powers...we all wanted to experience it back then and now as adults we have the next best thing! :yess:

Those 1/8 cars are SICK! :monkey5 please dont get me into something else...i'll be homeless at this rate! :lol:lol

In was gonna suggest that folks can use the box to store loads of other box and save space that way but then I thought about the shield.

Though I guess for those of you that have the shield on display, this still works.

In was gonna suggest that folks can use the box to store loads of other box and save space that way but then I thought about the shield.

Though I guess for those of you that have the shield on display, this still works.

Even excluding the shield wouldn't the box have innards that would prevent storage of other boxes inside it?

Even excluding the shield wouldn't the box have innards that would prevent storage of other boxes inside it?

I am sure one of the lads can tell us but from what I remember seeing there is some stuff but perhaps those things can be arranged to allow some other Hot Toys boxes to be put in there.

I think it would be madness throwing away the box!

I am sure one of the lads can tell us but from what I remember seeing there is some stuff but perhaps those things can be arranged to allow some other Hot Toys boxes to be put in there.

I think it would be madness throwing away the box!

Yeah, wouldn't throw away the box. You just never know. It may seem inconceivable now but one might have a need to sell this stuff somewhere down the line. I'm not planning for that but its not impossible.

a-dev should have waited.

Hi, ,

The item(s) below with today's date have been shipped;

----- Batman: Hot Toys Vehicles: Movie 1989 Batmobile x 1 Despatch Date: 25/10/2013

Your order has been shipped via DPD. This normally takes 2 working days for delivery.

Please make a note of the following transaction code:
Please quote this number in any correspondence regarding your order.

UK Shipments are sent using 2nd Class Royal Mail. Customers can expect delivery between 5-7 working days.
Orders that receive a tracking number can expect delivery within 48 hours via DPD.
International Airmail takes 14-28 working days for delivery.
International tracked 7 – 14 working days.

(For terms and conditions please refer to the FAQ page on our website https://forbiddenplanet.com/pages/faq/).

We'd love your feedback, please head here for a short survey to share your order experience with ForbiddenPlanet.com

Kind regards
The Forbidden Planet Mail Order Team.

Back