1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today. I suppose that the size issue is with the box rather than the batmobile itself.

Thats the frustrating thing. The box being so massive didn't seem to help prevent damage to the product without additional measures being taken. So it being so large seems wasteful of space and our money because of the shipping charges such a huge box incurred and it didn't even do its job properly. A smaller box with good padding inside should have sufficed and been easier to manage.

I actually never thought about this, but I have my Batmobile displayed on top of the art box . . . and my Cocoon and all the packing are in the art box. :lol

I wonder if that mother ****er is crushing it? I'm almost afraid to open the box up now to see what it's done to the cocoon or inserts. The Batmobile hasn't appeared to sunk into the box yet though, so I dunno.

Is the car really that heavy? I'm sure it'll be fine if it hasn't sunk into the box.

Got a tracking number for mine so there's really no going back this time :lol

Estimated delivery wednesday next week

That quick, whaaaaaa?

It was over a week for me back in July or whatever. Crazy. You excited?

I am now. The excitement had died off and that's why I've cancelled this thing twice, but it has returned. **** it you know. Its pretty much a one off at this point. I say 'pretty much' because there's a chance I'll be tempted by the Delorean - but by then my finances will probably be improved.

Good, good.

What if you get it and you're compelled to buy a second Batmobile? A "machine guns popped up", "wheels turned to the left" version if you will. And hey, if you get a Returns Batman, he'll have to have his own car too. What if he gets jealous and starts killing off your other figures?

Joking aside, I advise you to prepare for this a day or so in advance before it comes in the mail. There's nothing quite like it being delivered. To this day I was still surprised carrying it inside. You had the Tumbler, so you sorta know what to expect.

Good, good.

What if you get it and you're compelled to buy a second Batmobile? A "machine guns popped up", "wheels turned to the left" version if you will.

And hey, if you get a Returns Batman, he'll have to have his own car too. What if he gets jealous and starts killing off your other figures?

My insane mindset for simultaneously multiple displays does not go beyond Terminator and Robocop. Well....I was at one time tempted to get another DX09 for the 'wings extended' pose but I let it pass.

Returns Batman will just stand on the other side of the same car. I'll let them fight over who gets to drive. (neither will)

Joking aside, I advise you to prepare for this a day or so in advance before it comes in the mail. There's nothing quite like it being delivered. To this day I was still surprised carrying it inside. You had the Tumbler, so you sorta know what to expect.

Yeah I do need to clear some boxes out of this room and actually I know just where to put them. I'll do that today.

Returns Batman will just stand on the other side of the same car. I'll let them fight over who gets to drive. (neither will)

Better close/lock the canopy and hide that Batmobile communicator device from them.

They'd find their way in. They're the goddamned Batman.

Yeah, the excitement levels for this have risen dramatically. I've also decided to add at least one more figure for sale, contemplating another if I can find its fecking box. So that'll help financial matters, eventually anyway.

My insane mindset for simultaneously multiple displays does not go beyond Terminator and Robocop. Well....I was at one time tempted to get another DX09 for the 'wings extended' pose but I let it pass.

They'd find their way in. They're the goddamned Batman.

Yeah, the excitement levels for this have risen dramatically. I've also decided to add at least one more figure for sale, contemplating another if I can find its fecking box. So that'll help financial matters, eventually anyway.

:rotfl:clap:rotfl

My local comic book store has this on display and wants $1000 for it :) ... did they float it over to Australia on sea turtles themselves or something?

Pffft. Pffffffttt I say!

my favorite qoutes slightly changed for how i feel about this beauty.

The 1989 Batmobile. Less than a million were made. My father spent
three years flexpaying and waiting for this car. It is his love, it is his passion.
Ferris: It is his fault he didn't lock the display case.

my father loves this car more than life itself.

he never drives it! He just rubs it with a diaper! :lol

I pet mine at least once a day.

Congrats a dev :duff on your new ride. Worth every penny.

Thanks. My biggest excitement about this is to have it alongside things like ED-209, the Powerloader, my T2 Fatboy etc. All childhood classics. I'll probably be very tempted by the BTTF Delorean now. Fortunately that'll be way off in the future when my personal debt will be less 'heavy'.

^yep

Cool, my estimated delivery day has moved forward to Tuesday, my day off. :yess:

I will try not to panic too much when I receive a banged up box. I know people have received boxes with gaping holes punctured into them and their cars have been fine.

Back