1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was lucky enough to see this piece of art displayed at a local collectable store this past weekend. It was tilted to one side so we could also get a view of the bottom. This design is my favourite of all the Batmobiles. I thought it looked great loved the inside console. First impression dislikes: It did not "shout" $650 at me. It did not carry the "visual" weight of a $650 price tag. It looked very plastic rather than look "heavy". I guess areas where it should look like metal came across plastic. My wife said it looked great but it also looked like a big plastic toy (and she is amazed at most of my HT figures).
Basically the perspective I wanted to approach with this was if it was mine and opening it for the first time did the price match the product. I guess the answer is ….NO.

Bottom line. I did not "hate" it or think it was ****. It is a fantastic piece and a work of art. It just did not blow me away!!

I was lucky enough to see this piece of art displayed at a local collectable store this past weekend. It was tilted to one side so we could also get a view of the bottom. This design is my favourite of all the Batmobiles. I thought it looked great loved the inside console. First impression dislikes: It did not "shout" $650 at me. It did not carry the "visual" weight of a $650 price tag. It looked very plastic rather than look "heavy". I guess areas where it should look like metal came across plastic. My wife said it looked great but it also looked like a big plastic toy (and she is amazed at most of my HT figures).
Basically the perspective I wanted to approach with this was if it was mine and opening it for the first time did the price match the product. I guess the answer is ….NO.

Bottom line. I did not "hate" it or think it was ****. It is a fantastic piece and a work of art. It just did not blow me away!!

My wife usually likes every purchase i make on hot toys front . But she agreed with my logic of it not adhereing to value cost curve when it came to 650 plus tax plus shipping. I liked it a lot too but it does not look blow you as much as does the cost. i had budgeted 700 dollars for this as i was waiting to see the same in person. A friend bought it and next day after seeing it i just ordered a couple of old figures i really wanted and i had missed out on. So i did spend that 700 but on something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very good observation. That to me is a blunder! Talk about detailing. I dont have this so could have not noticed it but now when you say it, there cannot be two machineguns with different ins and outs. May be only some batmobile have this error?

Hi everybody!

Thank you Batdag for your brilliant review! ( En plus en Français, c'est d'autant plus rare que ça fait plaisir Cocorico!!! Bon je continue en Anglais pour que tout le monde puisse me comprendre.)

I almost certain that your feeling of the massive effect of this Hot toys version is due to the color of the rims, that like i have already said, aren't enough dark.

On Jedster' one (sorry Jedster i use again one of your splendid picture) the dark rims relieved considerably the shape of the car witch find back it's curves!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But i noticed something that i'm sure many of us missed. This Batmobile is not perfect...HOT TOYS made a mistake...

Look at the position of the machine gun's bullets on the left side of the car:

Movie version:

HOT TOYS prototype version:

Until there everything is ok...

HOT TOYS final product:

:horror :horror :horror

They interverted the place of the bullets on the left machine gun...

Even Mattel didn't made the mistake on their 1/18 scale model...

Not very grave but it's a pity

:cuckoo:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Good eye Rondesmo. I guess it is strange that they would mirror the machine guns when they are essentially both the same model browning gun, with the ammo belt on the left. But this is a relatively minor mistake for me (and the HT Batmobile is full of these minor accuracy errors). In fact, the guns with their weathered metal looking paint, opening latch covers, slide, ammo belt and pop up and swivel motion are arguably the most highly detailed and articulated part of this entire car. They look great when displayed. I'm willing to let the incorrect orientation of the ammo belt slide.

Some people just can't be pleased these days. OOH the bullets are on the wrong side. Heck I didn't even notice. If you show this to people I bet a majority wouldn't even notice. In fact if I go up to people I have shown it too and say oh the bullets are on the wrong side, they wouldn't care, it's still a spectacular piece. And I can't believe there are people who aren't blown away by this piece. When I opened the box my jaw just dropped. I kind of had the same drooling, jaw dropping look like it was a brand new car.

I think I saw a video where the reviewer showed that the bullets could slide though the housing and could be on either side. Pretty sure I saw this.

Does anyone have the die cast 1:18 Hot Wheels Elite Version of this? I'm thinking of going that route, because if I have this one I have to have the Tumbler and the 1966 as well and I'm not sure how long my marriage will last when one of our spare bedrooms is full of $1800 in toy cars that are still in their boxes because I can't figure out how to display all three.
I still want the Hot Toys versions, but I'm still debating if it's practical for me right now. If the Hot Wheels versions are as detailed and look as nice it may be better if I got that route.
Thanks for any advice!

Does anyone have the die cast 1:18 Hot Wheels Elite Version of this? I'm thinking of going that route, because if I have this one I have to have the Tumbler and the 1966 as well and I'm not sure how long my marriage will last when one of our spare bedrooms is full of $1800 in toy cars that are still in their boxes because I can't figure out how to display all three.
I still want the Hot Toys versions, but I'm still debating if it's practical for me right now. If the Hot Wheels versions are as detailed and look as nice it may be better if I got that route.
Thanks for any advice!
If you don't have the room, go with 1:18:
attachment.php

Hi everybody!

Thank you Batdag for your brilliant review! ( En plus en Français, c'est d'autant plus rare que ça fait plaisir Cocorico!!! Bon je continue en Anglais pour que tout le monde puisse me comprendre.)

I almost certain that your feeling of the massive effect of this Hot toys version is due to the color of the rims, that like i have already said, aren't enough dark.

On Jedster' one (sorry Jedster i use again one of your splendid picture) the dark rims relieved considerably the shape of the car witch find back it's curves!

But i noticed something that i'm sure many of us missed. This Batmobile is not perfect...HOT TOYS made a mistake...

Look at the position of the machine gun's bullets on the left side of the car:

Movie version:

HOT TOYS prototype version:

Until there everything is ok...

HOT TOYS final product:

:horror :horror :horror

They interverted the place of the bullets on the left machine gun...

Even Mattel didn't made the mistake on their 1/18 scale model...

Not very grave but it's a pity

:cuckoo:

merci ça fait plaisir!

anyway, I actually didn't even notice the machine guns bullets but quiet honestly, I think Ht knew. Might just be to get a "symetrical" appearance which suits me better.

and yeah, love the black wheels. Silver wheels might indeed be the bulk look "problem"

that being said, HT nailed it. Can't get over it

Some people just can't be pleased these days. OOH the bullets are on the wrong side. Heck I didn't even notice. If you show this to people I bet a majority wouldn't even notice. In fact if I go up to people I have shown it too and say oh the bullets are on the wrong side, they wouldn't care, it's still a spectacular piece. And I can't believe there are people who aren't blown away by this piece. When I opened the box my jaw just dropped. I kind of had the same drooling, jaw dropping look like it was a brand new car.

Keep cool man! :wink1:
I'm not saying that it is a bad product or sommething like that. I'm sure it's very impressive and can't wait receive mine!
I just noticed that HT made a mistake or intentionaly interverted the belt ammo.. That's all... I would have prefered they keep the prototype disposition but in the fact it's not a big deal...

Back