Premium Format Batgirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On no, not again on this PF. Paint spots that are not supposed be there and fit issues. Maybe I should cancel my WL reservation.

Actually there are no fit issues once the cape is in place. The paint on the base looks too intentional - perhaps they all have it?

As for the paint on the base I see something in the product pics but I can't really tell if that's the same as the one above.
300242-batgirl-08.jpg

Actually there are no fit issues once the cape is in place. The paint on the base looks too intentional - perhaps they all have it?

That is why I come here and ask and not go off all half cocked. :) I hadn't realized that it was only meant to be displayed with the cape. Most of the other PFs I have that have things like that is an optional. But I can see how the gap plays into fitting the cape.

Still not sure on the base. It doesn't look like anything on the SSC pics. Particularly that back part where it is a rectangle. I might try the warm water trick tomorrow as that worked for some others and see if that stuff is something that dribbled into the pattern cracks in those places.

I hope you're right Darklord Dave about the paint issue on that base. Because what's more disappointing than not being able to watch the Indy 500 live is a SS statue that you've been waiting to come for a long time with all that excitement only to be let down.

Hi guys I received her in really good condition, the issue I am worry is the head is not tight with body(both head) very loose and the body is not right with base as well, did anyone have this issue ?

My base has the same spots so this looks intentional. Also the spots are very hard to see in normal light.

DSC09415.jpg

A little patience in seating the cape. and the head will fit on very securely with no problem.

My exclusive just arrived #108. This was the most horrible unboxing I've ever done. The box looked like it was opened up and taped back down again TWICE and the foam was not put back correctly as there was a huge gap in between the foam, heck, even the Sideshow quality sticker was sloppily slapped on the box with additional tape to make stick back on. The whole foam was riddled with black silica balls from a burst bag inside the foam. I took the body out and I was going to immediately return it. It had all kinds of white crap (looked like dry cement) all over the statue. Looks like someone with a dirty hand handled it before putting it in the box, it looked so bad I thought the paint was ruined. I decided to try and clean it up with warm water and a cloth to see if the smudges came off and luckily after an hour of careful cleaning I was able to get the crap off.

Luckily the statue was not damaged, but it took me an hour to clean it up. Sideshow's QC is C.R.A.P. I'm paying for a $400 statue, not a $20 amateurish knock off. I should have taken a photo just to illustrate how bad it was......

The statue itself came out nice though I'm having some issues trying to get the head to sit down properly on the neck after the cape is added, it's just too wobbly for my liking especially since I'm in earthquake country.

Mine arrived with the same issue as well like you, i was able to remove the sticky residue, the box was also opened are taped back again.

View attachment 197608

View attachment 197609

View attachment 197610

US Customs?

I'm really uncomfortable with how the cape and the portrait align. The head feels super wobbly and like it's fall off with the slightest nudge. This is my first caped piece though, so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Keep working with the cape and get it tucked in well but also flattened around the outside edge. It's a little annoying but once you have it positioned correctly the HS will sit much better.

I used an edge of a credit card to tuck the cape into the body. Also watch the tops of the wires in the cape, as they can interfere with the head seating. Just keep at it and the head will fit on very securely.

Back