Prop Batarang Prop Replica by Quantum Mechanix Inc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s been like that for as long as I have been active so at least for the last 4-5 years. I think it’s an show of appreciation for international customers with all the extra expenses with that.

It’s been like that for as long as I have been active so at least for the last 4-5 years. I think it’s an show of appreciation for international customers with all the extra expenses with that.

Considering how much international shipping has risen in that time period, that $25 probably doesn't help as much as it used to though, but that is nice of them.

I got the Icon Heroes JL Batarang letter opener recently as well. It’s about half the size of the Quantum Mechanix but it’s all metal, heavy, and has a nice look to it.

The QM is definitely a nice piece. Only thing I don’t like about it is the blatant metal circle on the back..but it’s a great piece for a great price.

Before any were commercially available (I now have the QM), I made these two out of 16 gauge steel cut with a jigsaw blade for metal and glued 3 levels of metal together for the "heavy" batarang and two levels for the standard. They are 7 inches across.
Took ALOT of filing by hand and then used a belt sander inverted on my workbench to act as a grinder to get the bevels. Definitely low tech but came out pretty cool if I do say so myself. 1226171959.jpg

Back