Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys don't like crying Joker :monkey2 ? :

imcrying.jpg

That is an amazing repaint though.

Does it depress you, Commissioner, to know how alone you really are?​

I forgot which TDK trailer it was from (Domino's I think) but the music (Eptesicus from the Begins soundtrack I think), the lighting, Heath's voice. I loved it.

it has the lower half of a face of this guy. :lol
federer.jpg

I said that before in one of these threads so you're not the only one - V1 looks like Roger Federer as the Joker. The hair too - its better than the other companies 'hairjobs' but it still doesn't look like the shape Ledgers hair generally took in the film - looking more like a Roger federer haircut.

I agree that version 1 isn't a bad sculpt, but it has no resemblance of Heath’s Joker… just the concept of the TDK Joker.

ab87802e8a.jpg

I personally have never understood all the hate for the V1 sculpt. Sure it may not be 100% likeness to Ledger but at least imho the likeness is there with a proper repaint (though I know most of you guys will probably dissagree with me). Either way I for one really dig the V1 Joker, I just wish I could afford one right now.

I personally have never understood all the hate for the V1 sculpt. Sure it may not be 100% likeness to Ledger but at least imho the likeness is there with a proper repaint (though I know most of you guys will probably dissagree with me). Either way I for one really dig the V1 Joker, I just wish I could afford one right now.

I love the V1 head without any repaint

How has this figure (BR Joker) not sold out yet? :confused:

It's sold out at least 3 - 4 times on BigBadToyStore. It's no longer available in the UK, pre-orders sold out and mark down as discontinued.

https://www.forbiddenplanet.com/pro...nch_Figure/DC/Batman_Dark_Knight/Product.html

https://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_5883&products_id=47383

Though another UK place has it still listed, seems the price has went up. https://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadget...er-Joker-Figure/Product.html?searchtype=genre

The last two links had it in double digits at one stage.

Well since a repaint is beyond most of our abilities it therefore renders the figure's "repaintablility" totally moot. Remember that for most of us a figure's paintjob has to be right first time or else we have to wait for the next professional attempt - such as the BR Joker. And some of us would rather not have to buy the same character twice. I, as it happens am willing to do so.

And some of us would rather not have to buy the same character twice. I, as it happens am willing to do so.

Agreed. As much as brutal as it is for me to say this or how it sounds, the sad thing is we are forking out this money twice for a stupid plastic head. Even though as much respect goes to the sculptors and painters time.

At the end of the day thats all it really is. At least the accessories made up for it.

I sure as hell wasn't spending that much just for the head. I actually was waiting for the Bank Robber Joker.

The second head is a bonus to me.

No difference between this and the original suit Batman and new suit Batman.

They're totally new figures.

Just that they dropped the ball on the first Joker's headsculpt.

Same here, I'd have never gotten this figure if the new head were my big motivator, but for me, I'm just a Joker fan because of this movie and so any interesting figure based on Heath's Joker I'll give strong purchase consideration and I like the Bank Robber setup.

Instead of the two villains I will end up with two Jokers. HT should have done it the same way they've enhanced Batman TDK costume (newsletter today). At leat HT are not making us buy two batman (same costume). If ht admits the problems with V1 head they should come up with a solution not involving purshasing another full figure: just the replacement head for every one that bought V1 Joker. A good reasonabe price for it. Anyway I guess in the end we will get two amazing figures of one of most memorable movie villain since Hannibal Lecter...

Maybe they just wanted to make $$$$. (People in this section are starting to sound like Star Wars fans. :horror)

Instead of the two villains I will end up with two Jokers. HT should have done it the same way they've enhanced Batman TDK costume (newsletter today). At leat HT are not making us buy two batman (same costume). If ht admits the problems with V1 head they should come up with a solution not involving purshasing another full figure: just the replacement head for every one that bought V1 Joker. A good reasonabe price for it. Anyway I guess in the end we will get two amazing figures of one of most memorable movie villain since Hannibal Lecter...

I'm confused: you consider the BB and TDK Batman as 2 different figures because the differences with the suits, yet you DON'T consider the v.1 Joker and Bank Robber Joker 2 different figures!? Even if the head sculpt would've been 100% accurate with the v.1 Joker HT still would've released the BR version because it's significantly different than the v.1 Joker both in costume and accessories. I actually saw people trying to mimic that BR look with their v.1 Joker's before HT announced the Bank Robber version. I saw people asking for HT to release the BR Mask, Handgun w/extended clip and Machine gun. Not only did HT do that, they added in a nice duffle bag with smoke/regular grenades and a 2nd headsculpt specifically for the mask. imo there's enough there to warrent a new figure and people who got the v.1 figure shouldn't feel ripped off because they're lucky: they'll get a new film accurate head to pop onto their v.1 Jokers and they'll get an additional figure representing Joker from the Bank Robbery scene. I wish I had the v.1 Joker. :(

Back