Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks amateur in that pic compared to...

SL731746.jpg

wow i desperately want to make that eyes looks straight forward but dont have any guts to paint it.
any tips how to paint it vodoun?

No, I'm no painter. If I was I'd thin the paint out if it's water based and build it up while experimenting.

If the paint is too thick it looks goofy and gives that amateur look.

But doesn't Hot Toys use decals for these eyes? I have no clue if the eyes are painted or not.

but the eyes seems fine to me, no goofy paint look in it (except for that white part around the..what do we call it..iris? pupil?)

That' not a dumb question at all. When this figure first started to ship everyone had this issue. I think all of them have been glued down to the connector. You can do of the following things.

1.) Just boil and pop the head off the connector and body.

2.) Take your chances and just gently pop it off it feels like it will come off easily.

3.) If it's really tight most people have just popped the connector off along with the head (which would still be attached) and just swapped clothes and the body. There's a huge discussion on this somewhere, it was a big issue. I'll see what I can dig up on here.

Good luck.

EDIT:

Here's a few examples of problem and solutions.

Thanks for the help, it worked!!

I'm not in anyway criticizing this, I keep getting the impression he's just finishing using some kleenex after a tearful film.

nice repaint Morbo! looks awesome. don't pay attention to vodoun, he's being a ^^^^

As far as I know all the eyes are painted for all HT eyes. the figures that use stickers for the eyes are the ZC girl range.

Oh and thanks for the support Fry :rolleyes:

Back