Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused: you consider the BB and TDK Batman as 2 different figures because the differences with the suits, yet you DON'T consider the v.1 Joker and Bank Robber Joker 2 different figures!? Even if the head sculpt would've been 100% accurate with the v.1 Joker HT still would've released the BR version because it's significantly different than the v.1 Joker both in costume and accessories. I actually saw people trying to mimic that BR look with their v.1 Joker's before HT announced the Bank Robber version. I saw people asking for HT to release the BR Mask, Handgun w/extended clip and Machine gun. Not only did HT do that, they added in a nice duffle bag with smoke/regular grenades and a 2nd headsculpt specifically for the mask. imo there's enough there to warrent a new figure and people who got the v.1 figure shouldn't feel ripped off because they're lucky: they'll get a new film accurate head to pop onto their v.1 Jokers and they'll get an additional figure representing Joker from the Bank Robbery scene. I wish I had the v.1 Joker. :(

I consider the two Batman figures two different figures because... well, only the inner body is the same. And I do consider the Jokers two different figures too. The thing is: If you buy any of the Batman figures you get a figure as good as it can get: Begins or TDK costume. But with the Joker, the only way to have a perfect purple suit Joker is to cash two figures. I guess there's a difference that is pretty obvious, dont you agree?

No.. because HT already released a BB figure and compared to the new one it sucks imo. So I don't consider that "as good as it can get" because HT obviously upgraded that and showed it COULD'VE BEEN better the first time out.

Yeah, but at the time, the first HT Begins figure was pretty good, most people thought the Takara was better, but it was still a better figure than most other offerings at the time.

Just because 3 years later, they released an updated version doesn't mean the first one sucked. Otherwise, you'd have to apply that to everything, did the first NES suck once the Super Nintendo came out?? Do Pentium computers suck now that we have Quad Core processors?? Companies have to deal with the technology and resources at the time. Advancements in technology make everything in the past look like crap, it's not fair to say "it could've been better", when comparing products years apart.

No.. because HT already released a BB figure and compared to the new one it sucks imo. So I don't consider that "as good as it can get" because HT obviously upgraded that and showed it COULD'VE BEEN better the first time out.

I can live with better figures being released over and over again. Take Star Wars for example. Every now and then someone releases an Ultimate Darth Vader. Thats cool, and that keeps us collectors happy. I wont be complaing if Hot Toys releases in 2011 an even better all new Joker figure. I do complain that in this time frame of a few months, HT made us buy two figures in order to obtain a better purple suit Joker. I know that they could have released bank robber with one head and that would be a lot worse. I know that. And I'm really thankfull HT didnt pull this stunt again with TDK Batman and adressed what was wrong with the figure in time of shipment. I just hoped they had done it with v1 Joker. That's all. That way I would be spending my money in a diferent TDK character, that's all I'm complaining. In December I will be a really happy owner of two Jokers, dont get me wrong. But we are collectors of really expensive toys and we should be heard when something is not right. I'm no Hot Toys basher. In fact i'm a huge fan of their work.

I can live with better figures being released over and over again. Take Star Wars for example. Every now and then someone releases an Ultimate Darth Vader. Thats cool, and that keeps us collectors happy. I wont be complaing if Hot Toys releases in 2011 an even better all new Joker figure. I do complain that in this time frame of a few months, HT made us buy two figures in order to obtain a better purple suit Joker. I know that they could have released bank robber with one head and that would be a lot worse. I know that. And I'm really thankfull HT didnt pull this stunt again with TDK Batman and adressed what was wrong with the figure in time of shipment. I just hoped they had done it with v1 Joker. That's all. That way I would be spending my money in a diferent TDK character, that's all I'm complaining. In December I will be a really happy owner of two Jokers, dont get me wrong. But we are collectors of really expensive toys and we should be heard when something is not right. I'm no Hot Toys basher. In fact i'm a huge fan of their work.

Agreed, i love HT but its not like buying a $10 figure from Walmart. Well I do love the v1 joker head too though, it capture his persona really well.

Agreed, i love HT but its not like buying a $10 figure from Walmart. Well I do love the v1 joker head too though, it capture his persona really well.

The v1 Joker figure in your hands is really impressive. No photos do it justice at how cool it really is. But it doesn't look like Heath. And it was not a question of production photos or not enough source material. I still think Warner/DC was not confortable at promoting the film with a deceased actor. And HT might just had to make a Joker that looks like TDK/Nolan's vision but not acurate enought to resemble the actor. Then the boom happened and everyone praises Ledger's performance as larger than life. And it became a cult pop character so strong that nobody thinks is not right to explore his image. It's beyond that now. For years to come people will still quote him (whysoserious??) and he will become the villain that everyone wish they had in his film. Trust me.

Seriously ...

Batman Begins figure from Hot Toys was terrible. Dude had a butt chin, and didn't even resemble Bale.

I seriously as a hardcore enthusiast would've passed on it for in that time period of 2005 ...

For the Takara BEGINS Batman. For the Medicom BEGINS Batman. For the DC Direct BEGINS Batman, and even the Mattel Action Cap BEGINS Batman.

Anyone who thinks HT v1 BEGINS Batman or v1 TDK Joker are good should get real and reconsider.

With that said. The following offerings of the updated BEGINS and BR Joker sculpts can't be touched by anything on the market.

God, this figure is so INSANE.

I feel like I need to start moving bricks of cocaine if I wanted to afford these incredible Hot Toys TDK offerings ...

Know what this picture SCREAMS ??? ....

JChong_repaintedJoker_03.jpg

Joker: "You remind me of my faaather ... I HAAATED my father...

Just because 3 years later, they released an updated version doesn't mean the first one sucked. Otherwise, you'd have to apply that to everything, did the first NES suck once the Super Nintendo came out?? Do Pentium computers suck now that we have Quad Core processors?? Companies have to deal with the technology and resources at the time. Advancements in technology make everything in the past look like crap, it's not fair to say "it could've been better", when comparing products years apart.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Wait.. just to clarify, you seriously believe that the reason the new BB Batman looks better, is because of an advancement in "technology"!? I'm sorry.. you're an idiot.

Please explain the Technological advancement? You mean HT scuplted a better Bale likeness? That's your idea of "Technology"!? Laughable. Your examples prove how retarded your statement is. You're comparing computers and computer chips to plastic toys. :rolleyes:

Ok..

Wait.. just to clarify, you seriously believe that the reason the new BB Batman looks better, is because of an advancement in "technology"!? I'm sorry.. you're an idiot.

Please explain the Technological advancement? You mean HT scuplted a better Bale likeness? That's your idea of "Technology"!? Laughable. Your examples prove how retarded your statement is. You're comparing computers and computer chips to plastic toys. :rolleyes:

Ok..

No need to insult anyone...

Seriously ...

Batman Begins figure from Hot Toys was terrible. Dude had a butt chin, and didn't even resemble Bale.

I seriously as a hardcore enthusiast would've passed on it for in that time period of 2005 ...

For the Takara BEGINS Batman. For the Medicom BEGINS Batman. For the DC Direct BEGINS Batman, and even the Mattel Action Cap BEGINS Batman.

Anyone who thinks HT v1 BEGINS Batman or v1 TDK Joker are good should get real and reconsider.

With that said. The following offerings of the updated BEGINS and BR Joker sculpts can't be touched by anything on the market.

................:rolleyes:

Ok..

Please don't insult other members. Thanks.

Its not an infraction. Its a warning and if that was "nice" a suggest a change in how you express your ideas. There is no tolerance for people who just come here to troll and flame. :lecture

Its not an infraction. Its a warning and if that was "nice" a suggest a change in how you express your ideas. There is no tolerance for people who just come here to troll and flame. :lecture

Riiiight. Read my pm. It's 100% real. Go look around the forum. Your idea of "insulting" is not shared. Whatever. Let's move on. No reason for this to suddenly stop the appropriate discussion in this thread.

Back