Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you know, I'm sorry but HT has ALWAYS had a lack of vision, when the first one came out it was an EXACT copy of the medicom figure.. same type of leather/vinyl suit cover with rubber armors with a hollow cow with a dummy head inside.. and now this one the suit is exactly like the takara fig.

I didn't know rubber or leather was trademarked to just one company... next you'll be saying similar colours can't be used and it's an infringement of copyright. Damn all these displays using colours, sue sue sue!

14TDK_TheJokerBankRobberver.jpg

The cool part of them using the exact same hands on this Joker is you know the v1 can hold all the accessories just the same.

you know, I'm sorry but HT has ALWAYS had a lack of vision, when the first one came out it was an EXACT copy of the medicom figure.. same type of leather/vinyl suit cover with rubber armors with a hollow cow with a dummy head inside.. and now this one the suit is exactly like the takara fig.

Can you provide another example of HT's lack of vision? Or is one figure all you're basing this on? It's like someone forgot about the Iron Man figures and Power Loader, Ed209, and Terminator Endoskeletons, among others. Feats of sculpting and elaborate design, I haven't seen Medicom or SS attempt anything along those lines. How about the M Icon line?

among the Batman figures.. look at medicom's attempt at TDK batman.. the armor is much more accurate.

Ok...I don't want to get into another HT vs. Medicom thing, but the whole accuracy thing remains to be seen. Neither figure has been released, and HT is making some drastic changes to their Batman figure (as noted in the recent newsletter). Just because Medicom might be a bit more accurate on their Batman doesn't figure into Hot Toys having a lack of vision. And if we're talking about faults, I bet more than a few people can ring off some of Medicom's. You won't hear it from me, though.

There are only so many ways you can make a figure of a guy in a suit. (a rubbery, foam latex suit) :rolleyes:

Ok...I don't want to get into another HT vs. Medicom thing, but the whole accuracy thing remains to be seen. Neither figure has been released, and HT is making some drastic changes to their Batman figure (as noted in the recent newsletter). Just because Medicom might be a bit more accurate on their Batman doesn't figure into Hot Toys having a lack of vision. And if we're talking about faults, I bet more than a few people can ring off some of Medicom's. You won't hear it from me, though.

There are only so many ways you can make a figure of a guy in a suit. (a rubbery, foam latex suit) :rolleyes:

Medicom figures are too small and out of scale with all my sideshow and Hot toys figures. Because of that it doesn't matter to me if they have to most accurate Batman as he would look like a teenager next to my other figures. I won't even consider buying it.

The only solution would be to keep him far away from my 1/6 scale figures but homey don't play that!! :monkey5

lol why dont you experience a medicom quality problem and try to defend them after that? I got screwed twice to learn to stay away from Medicom. This past weekend my venom came with a loose and then broken shoulder and just now i opened my spiderman figure and one of its arm was backwards (the elbow was facing the opposite direction, hence, making it a huge pain to turn it around with the restrictive suit). What are the odds of two figures in a row? Only with Medicom my friend. I would take a sweet looking, mildly inaccurate figure from a company that quality checks rather than being ripped off $150+ because of a lack of simple quality checking. There, my rant is done.

You shouldn't use the "Well they'll change that before they release" attitude. We're comparing what's in the makings now not what may potentially happen.

Yea, I'd call the Power Loader, Iron Man, Tumbler and Batpod a lack of vision.

I find no fault with any company that sets out to improve what it has done (unlike says Sideshow and their 4 Lukes that each fauk up what the previous got right).

I purchased BR Joker off Ebay before researching the correct release date. The auction listed a date of late September. I know Ebay has the 30 day policy on pre-sales. I wasn't going to throw that him though and was willing to wait. Now I'm being to wonder.

I written to him and he said he was aware of the release date being December. I suggest he update his auction to reflect this. Still no change on his auctions. He’s a good seller that I have purchased off before and don't want to sour things. I just feel uncomfortable paying so far in advance. I also mentioned this concern, which he replied that they can’t order the stock without pre-payment.

Hmmm I dunno just needed to rant a little. I should have gone with Joe, like I did with the other HT Batman stuff.

I meant in the begining stages, HT has improved tons since, but do you guys remeber the first two figures of the movie masterpiece?

I believe those were Reese and T800. Decent sculpts but incredible outfits that are still damn good today, T800's jacket still hasn't been surpassed IMHO.

Yea, I'd call the Power Loader, Iron Man, Tumbler and Batpod a lack of vision.

I find no fault with any company that sets out to improve what it has done (unlike says Sideshow and their 4 Lukes that each fauk up what the previous got right).

The Tumbler and Batpod if done correctly are pure genious in this scale...

Back