Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New BR Joker image. Keep in mind that this isn't the paint job we are getting. The article talks about how it is impossible to turn factory machines and workers into J.C. Hong 2.0

They still see a lot of room for improvement though! And are doing their best to give you paint jobs like this in the future.

20081014011535311.jpg.jpg

that is really good news, cause to be honest, this hand painted one looks more real everyday i see it. i don't have problem with the black makeup around the eyes. the overall makeup add more realistic 'sweating' face like in the movie.

i would have to agree, i mean, look at the 3rd shot on the right there ^, if that doesnt look like a direct screencap right off the moviescreen, i don't know what does. it's heath in every sense of the man. i wish on our sculpt, we had eyes like that to be honest ^ they give that more uninterested, yet menacing look at the same time

I wonder will anyone strip the paint off and do a Heath Ledger figure.It looks like he's all there under the makeup.Bit of sanding around the scars and there he is.

i would have to agree, i mean, look at the 3rd shot on the right there ^, if that doesnt look like a direct screencap right off the moviescreen, i don't know what does. it's heath in every sense of the man. i wish on our sculpt, we had eyes like that to be honest ^ they give that more uninterested, yet menacing look at the same time

The eyes on ours are looking sideways in the other direction and they look pretty good too. Hongs one is better yes but lets all remember our initial reaction on seeing the production version - even after seeing Hongs it (the normal version) is definitely Ledger. And if thats what 'machines and workers' are doing I'm still happy.

20081014011535311.jpg.jpg

joker1cr4-1.jpg

Other than a bit more skin texture showing in photos of Hong's repaint, I don't see that much more life to the piece that doesn't show in similarly dramatic lit shots of the prototype paint job.

Hong offers a very nice alternate paint scheme, but I don't think what we'll be getting from production will be all that much lesser in the general quality of the portrait.

Other than a bit more skin texture showing in photos of Hong's repaint, I don't see that much more life to the piece that doesn't show in similarly dramatic lit shots of the prototype paint job.

Hong offers a very nice alternate paint scheme, but I don't think what we'll be getting from production will be all that much lesser in the general quality of the portrait.

TOTALLY agreed. what we're getting is kickass as it is.

My ONLY complaint is having a figure with eyes in an extreme left or right default position. I want the eyes looking straight.

My ONLY complaint is having a figure with eyes in an extreme left or right default position. I want the eyes looking straight.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Indeed, the more photos taken of the proto and Hong repaint, the more you see how limited your options are with the permanently posed eyes. Figures should have straight eyse or movable ones, but never painted in a specific position, save that for PFs and statues.

well i think for the joker, having him look a little to the left or right works. 'cause it's the joker. if you want him to look straight at batman or harvey, just tilt his head. i think it'll look a little more menacing and helps make the psychotic-ness of the joker stand out even more. my opinion of course.

well i think for the joker, having him look a little to the left or right works. 'cause it's the joker. if you want him to look straight at batman or harvey, just tilt his head. i think it'll look a little more menacing and helps make the psychotic-ness of the joker stand out even more. my opinion of course.

Completely agree.

And like I said earlier, even with the eyes in that position you still have a lot of positions you can put him in.

I understand that, I just don't like figures that restrict posing positions. I'd rather have that option as a Collector. If it does come that way, I will have the eyes repainted straight as I will be using the head to replace the V1...

Hey D666, just saw that. Is that an official (undoctored) HT Prod Image?
Because in the others he has eyes looking to his left.

Last edited:
Back