Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised hot toys have actually gone this route with the eyes now that I think about it since there photography and build up to figures always seems to be detailed so I would of thought they would of considered this themselves.
They could have thought they wouldn't of been able to get impressive ( or at least more impressive ) photos with the eyes being stuck out to one side.

Unless of course they make the figures then send them to someone else who deals with the advertising and teaser photo aspects of it all.

Well, it's like Cannibal Jack Sparrow, because there's multiple heads, they're not concerned with limits. I think if the v2 were a lone head on a new Joker, the eyes would be straight, but where the main head of the BR figure is intended to be the slick hair, mask on head because that's how he is 90% of the scene, there's less care put into the versatility of the "bonus" head.

Exactly, the 2nd head is obviously a replacement head for the v1 Joker and therefore is a "bonus" in all sense of the word. They don't care about limitations because fans will have the v1 head that is in the BVP for their liking.

It is a shame though that the best head in their Joker lineup is treated like a secondary, unimportant accessory.

they did seem to show the " bonus " head off alot more though whilst the other sat on the side lines !. :lol:lol

Marketing, "Buy this figure and our first Joker, you'll have the ultimate Joker figure."

If the second head was only useful on the BR figure and of no value to the v1, I bet you'd mostly see the masked head, but since the other head can help BR sales as well as v1 sales, it's in their best interest to push that, which is why a lot of shots now are of that head with the v1 costume, "See how good it looks on that other figure."

I give credit to HT, they are the puppet masters of 1/6 collectors, they know how to pull our strings to make us move how they want.

seeing how good the BR looks even without the extra head, I'd have probably bought it as well as the v1. So it doesn't bother me that much at all

I'm getting the BR to have Joker in his BR garbs, the extra head is a treat, but it's such a nice treat and has so much potential, that's what frustrates me with it, it's so close to being awesome and making me feel like "holy crap, I get this awesome BR Joker and this amazing extra head," but instead I'm just like "holy crap, I'm getting this awesome BR Joker."

I guess part of me hopes Sideshow and HT see threads like this and hear the logic against the posed eye concept and work towards doing away with it or implementing poseable eyes like Enterbay.

I know it doesn't get a lot of interest, but I really like the standard BR head as well. I love the crooked smirk.

It's perfect for, "simply makes you....stranger," too bad HT couldn't make a nice looking plastic wig systme where you swap out the slicked hair for hair like the other head, that'd be cool.

Marketing, "Buy this figure and our first Joker, you'll have the ultimate Joker figure."

If the second head was only useful on the BR figure and of no value to the v1, I bet you'd mostly see the masked head, but since the other head can help BR sales as well as v1 sales, it's in their best interest to push that, which is why a lot of shots now are of that head with the v1 costume, "See how good it looks on that other figure."

I give credit to HT, they are the puppet masters of 1/6 collectors, they know how to pull our strings to make us move how they want.

Sounds like crap to me. They don't release another figure till the first one sells out. That may just be the stock in their warehouse, so those that pass on the first version still have a small window of opportunity to buy from a retailer. Then it's the secondary market at inflated prices.

As far as puppet masters, I cut the strings, you puppets can keep dancing.

It's perfect for, "simply makes you....stranger," too bad HT couldn't make a nice looking plastic wig systme where you swap out the slicked hair for hair like the other head, that'd be cool.

:lol I just had a funny thought . If the top of his head popped out like the predators mandibles to change the hair. :rotfl

Sounds like crap to me. They don't release another figure till the first one sells out. That may just be the stock in their warehouse, so those that pass on the first version still have a small window of opportunity to buy from a retailer. Then it's the secondary market at inflated prices.

Most of the time, but DCD is importing v1 Joker and is not distributing their allotment yet, Toys2 still has Joker for retail. When photo time came for BR Joker, I'm sure HT already started their second production run of Jokers and new it was a success and saw a chance to go after the market hard with the new head. I don't think the head was made for the purpose, but everything was just right when it came time for marketing to push the replacement factor.

I cut the strings too, I don't play their game, I only do when it's a figure I want for what it is. I'm getting BR Joker for the costume and accessories, not a better head for my first figure. I didn't get the alternate Wolf because I didn't feel like wasting money on just a few new accessories. Their games piss me off and I won't just bend to them, but I can't help a contribution in a case like BR Joker where a game is snuck in like a Trojan horse along with something fresh and non-ploying.

what the hell is a chilling look :confused:

2008826151985802.jpg

Do I really need to explain?

Back