Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a nice HT compare:

HTJokerheadcompare.jpg

And even HT knows the plan:

hottoysknowstheplan.jpg

I'm sure as soon as production on the V.1 came out they knew the plan and that plan is $$$$$$$ :horror But hey they got to make their cheddar some how right? :lol

Quick question about using the flesh colored hands....do the hands that come with the True-Type body work with the Joker? I think the hand "plugs" that come with the Joker are a little different. How would I go about fixing that? Thanks in advance.

Here's a pic of the Joker with flesh colored hands from Michael Crawford's recent Joker and Batman review:

review_htdkbats_large2.jpg

I love that lay out. But I haven't seen buttmunch's bank robbery mask. Could someone please post a picture of it? Thanks in advance.

This is my raw sculpture of it. Its just sculpted onto a plaster head here. DarkArtist81 is has casted it and is making it a removable mask for his fantastic Joker sculpt (and he paints a million times better than I do).

dsc00326bo5.jpg

dsc00327dc5.jpg

dsc00328bv5.jpg

Also, see this thread:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36308

Josh, I think you should really post some updates on this project about now ;)

Does anyone know if there are stores piecing out the V1 joker's clothing?

Not to my knowledge. Its just cheaper to buy the V1 figure and part out what you don't want. I've seen the suit go for over $100 on ebay and the head around $40. So honestly, just suck it up and buy both at that point. :eek:

Not to my knowledge. Its just cheaper to buy the V1 figure and part out what you don't want. I've seen the suit go for over $100 on ebay and the head around $40. So honestly, just suck it up and buy both at that point. :eek:

Thanks! I was thinking about this too - Im amazed the head is going for $40, I bet that will drop soon with the br version coming... :rolleyes:

well... they've fixed absolutely everything I didn't like about the first sculpt. EVERYTHING.

Fixed the hairline, filled out and softened his jawline, padded out the sides of his upper lip, softened the wrinkles, fixed the scars..... just everything. :bow

But I do hate that when I'm back frmo my wedding I'd need to buy TWO expensive figures (if they're available anywhere) to get the perfect joker. (I'm not a completist... nor am I rich, so I don't buy one of every figure that comes out. I know to some people that's just what they do... but I choose my purchases carefully to represent particular characters or movie moments, so buying two figures to get one character annoys the hell out of me)

....and me being me, I could never live with that first sculpt :lol

Crazy. I've never seen a mass production figure with a sculpt and paint that look so good. Looks so real.

But I'm sure we'll have a backlash in a few months and people say he is overrated.

When i see pics of the new sculpt on the V1 Joker body i get dissapointed,what HT did was to make a half-done V1 sculpt and dont announce this new Bank Robber joker until everyone got their V1 Joker,HT is obviously thinking money,money and more money only here,since their second Joker is over the top,and people will buy it because of the sculpt,maybe even 2 just to get the head to have on V1,and i dont like it,very weak Hot Toys.

The huge step-up from V1 to V2 is very impressive,so i think its pretty obvious.
V1 Joker is really looking bad right now,DAMN YOU HOT TOYS!!!:lol

Well, I think the main thing was that they had to do the first sculpt before the movie came out and they probably didn't have very good reference materials.

Wow those new pics looks so freaking amazing. At first glance I thought it was from the movie. I really really need to get a job.

I like to think that way too, but I WILL give them the benefit of the doubt.. why? because they actually LISTEN.. for example The Dark Knight Batman.. they made so many modifications to the figure because they actually care about making quality toys.. I'll believe them this time when they stated "when they were making ver.1 they had little to work with".

That magazine spread is unbelievable - truly amazing figure; every new shot makes it look even better than the last. And now after seeing official shots of the new sculpt on the V1 body ... I'm trying really hard not to get the V1 and just have the V2 as my Joker figure, but it's so very tempting now - to have two perfect Joker figures ....

It's an understatement, but this is some of the best 1:6 work I've ever seen and I thought I had seen a lot.

Maybe I can scrounge up and extra $150 for the V1 ... the V2 doesn't ship until December-ish ...

True,but V1 doesnt look like Heath AT ALL,from what we saw on trailers and pics before the movie we know they could have done better.

Back