Bank Robber Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's definitely the best head sculpt, but i still think the V1 joker is the best overall joker. his outfit is iconic and is what we remember, versus the bank robber outfit, which was only on screen for 6 minutes (if that)

even if i didn't have the v1 already I would still get it because I would hate for one of the BR sculpts to go to waste

I'm pretty sure including two sculpts was a strategic move on Hot Toys' part -- kind of like with Cannibal Jack. It makes it a lot more attractive to people who own the first version than if they just included the new accessories. That's what pushed me over the edge into buying one. I can upgrade my current Joker and also get a cool variant.

so what does this mean: ARE THEY GONNA RELEASE A VER1 WITH VER2 HEAD, C,MON WHAT NEXT. HOWEVER, I'M TOTALLY FOR A NURSE OUTFIT JOKER.

No i think hot toys knows they didn't exactly get the first sculpt right so there giving two with this version so you can just switch , and imo i almost like the slicked hair better reminds me of the comic book version of joker.

it's definitely the best head sculpt, but i still think the V1 joker is the best overall joker. his outfit is iconic and is what we remember, versus the bank robber outfit, which was only on screen for 6 minutes (if that)

Exactly, I can't imagine having this be your sole Joker figure with this costume, it's a cool variation to have as a Joker fan, but with the more normal clothes, it just looks like a white faced guy dressed up versus the purple, silly looking clown his other costume embodies.

people people, for those of you who believe hot toys is an angel of a company that really didn't intend to put in a better sculpt here to get people to buy two jokers needs to wake up. if hot toys knows what they are doing in making great toys, dont you think they are smart enough to figure out how to market their own figures to make the most money they can? hot toy is not your friend that wont rip you off, they are merely another business who wants to be friends with your cash. id say they are doing a pretty good job since even i am getting another joker.

people people, for those of you who believe hot toys is an angel of a company that really didn't intend to put in a better sculpt here to get people to buy two jokers needs to wake up. if hot toys knows what they are doing in making great toys, dont you think they are smart enough to figure out how to market their own figures to make the most money they can? hot toy is not your friend that wont rip you off, they are merely another business who wants to be friends with your cash. id say they are doing a pretty good job since even i am getting another joker.

i didn't realize people didn't think Hot Toys would come out with a better sculpt. if anything, i think most people are upset that Hot toys waited until the second figure to put out the better sculpt. we know that hot toys is a business, and they want our money. we also know that some of their marketing decisions are a blatant "f$%k you" to their customers... waiting till the 1st joker is pretty much sold out until they release pics of this new joker? this exact same thing happened with the first robocop, where they went on to release 2 additional versions that both had more accessories to the first. same with the predator 2 figure. same with the wolf predator.

we all love hot toys... their product is hands down the best 1/6 i have ever seen. i will continue to buy from them because they have a drug secretly embedded in their plastic which makes me addicted... it would just be nice for them to not completely take advantage of their customers...

I don't think it's as bad as (for example) releasing the Battle Damaged Predator 2 figure or the Cleaner Kit Wolf Predator. The BD Predator 2 is the same as the previous one with a tiny bit of battle damage and a lot of nice new accessories. It essentially made the previous one obsolete, since you could easily just buy the BD version and have that be your only P2 figure (that's what I did). I'm just wondering if they plan to come out with another Batman figure.

I don't think it's as bad as (for example) releasing the Battle Damaged Predator 2 figure or the Cleaner Kit Wolf Predator. The BD Predator 2 is the same as the previous one with a tiny bit of battle damage and a lot of nice new accessories. It essentially made the previous one obsolete, since you could easily just buy the BD version and have that be your only P2 figure (that's what I did). I'm just wondering if they plan to come out with another Batman figure.

but that's my point - the BD predator 2 figure made the first version obsolete - and I bought the first version. and the new version was essentially everything the first version had AND more.

I agree, this is a post I made on MediWorld earlier.

I think its all part of the evolution!!!

You buy a car and six months down the line a new version is out, you think they dont know that that when the 1st version of the car is released!!

You think I wasnt pissed when I got the 1st gen iPhone and then I heard about the iPhone 3G!!!

These guys work on a 2 to 3 year business plan.

Its all business.

I'm a UK dealer and I have sent emails asking for them to supply me, out of 5 emails, I didnt get one reply, I even had email written in chinese (as I'm chinese!)

After watching that Howard interview that was around and hearing him say its all for the fans, well I dont think so! Its all about the money!

So I have to go through a 3rd party in HK

BUT end of the day, they still get my $$$!!!

On the other end I'm the official Enterbay dealer and its the opposite with Enterbay, always in touch and keeping me updated.

ofcourse its all about the $$$ for them...they are a business at the end of the day.

they don't care who buys their stuff as long as someone does and all the effort and craftsmanship that goes into their pieces benefits them more than their customers cos it maximizes sales and guarantees demand :D

You buy a car and six months down the line a new version is out, you think they dont know that that when the 1st version of the car is released!!

I feel what you're trying to say but that's a bad example because unlike HT or any other Toy manufacturer Cars come with options and upgrades. If you buy a 2006 model.. you have the option to upgrade your car with everything from the 2007 model when that comes out. And you'd pay JUST for those upgrades. You don't have to buy the entire car. HT (since we're specifically talking about them) doesn't do that. If they did, instead of an entirely new figure you'd have the option to just buy the new accessories and the main difference is a lot of those HT "upgrades" have the fundamental workings already in place which shows it's purely for money making purposes. I have the original P2, and you can clearly see the cut joint on the mouth for the open mandibles. Same with Wolf which is how people immediately knew an open mandible option was coming.

But I feel you though.. it's like that with everything. I've made the comparison with DVDs. That is the worst imo. With like 3 to 4 different variations of the same "super deluxe ultimate must own" movie set.

This is going to sound like a weird or dumb question but will v.2 have the same socks as v.1? I love those socks. :inlove

If I had to guess I would say he wouldn't come with the same socks, since they go with his flashier outfit that he hadn't bought yet at the time of the bank robbery.

Back