Bandai - Tiger & Bunny - Wild Tiger (12" Perfect Model Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on posting my thoughts on this figure when I get it :D

For some reason, I'm not as excited about getting this, as I am about other figures. There might even be a sense of regret for spending so much on this :lol

This anime better get better in the second half :lol

I also ordered the SHF figures. They seem to be in the country already, pending customs clearance. Not sure when I'd get them.

I got the SHF figures today. Straight out of the box, those little guys are really nice. They look cool, nice paint app, & have a nice little bit of weight to them. I think they might have some die cast pieces mixed in there. I haven't messed around with them too much, but my 1st impression is positive :D

So I received this Tiger figure a couple of days ago.

Thoughts after I first opened the figure:
- Maybe I want my money back :slap
- Not as weighty as I might have thought :slap
- Why does the metal display pole have a bunch of icky residue all over it? :slap

There's nothing really wrong with it, but still, I'm not super impressed :thud:

Thoughts after turning on all the LED's:
- :eek: :yess:

It looks pimp'd out with all the LED's on. They illuminate nicely, in a good amount of area's. Pretty much changed how I felt about my purchase :D

I think if you are a big fan of the anime, & Tiger, you will like this figure. It's a pretty nice representation of the character.

thks for sharing your thoughts Lawrence, def interested in this fig. huge fan of the anime, got some of the SHF vers. whats this 1/6 like in hand? when you say its not "weighty" does it feel cheap then? like hollow plastic?

anyone seen any vid reviews on youtube?

When I said "Not as weighty as I might have thought", it was because I read it had die cast parts, so I thought it might be more weighty. Another reason was because I paid I think more than triple the amount for shipping, than what I paid for previous 1/6 scale figures from the same place (Amiami).

I'd say it feels more sturdy than an HT Iron Man figure, because of the die cast parts, & more simplistic design. I'm actually not 100% sure which parts are actually die cast on the figure. I think maybe there is some on the legs & maybe chest area, but again, I'm not sure. The way I tried to figure it out, was to see which area's had a "cold" feel to them :lol

It's similar to an HT IM basically. But the lighting is done really well, you can stare at him with them all on...unlike the HT IM's...

Oh, he's got metal hip joints, that was nice to see. More companies should do that. Overall I think if you're a fan you'll like this fig, I know I'm happy with him.

Nope. The set up is just like all the HT IM's. Separate switches and battery compartments for each limb/torso/head/etc.

What parts do you know of, that are die cast? Because I'm lame at figuring it out :lol
Is there anyway to get it plugged in so you can always keep it lit?
That would be pretty cool, but no. That's one thing with all these light up figure's, I want to be able to plug them into a wall socket or maybe a USB port. It's displayed on top of my PC desk anyway, so it would be cool if it could be plugged into one of the PC USB ports, & stay lit, while I'm on the PC.

The light up feature I think is one of this figures main pro's.

Honestly, other than the metal hip joints I didn't notice any other metal parts. I'll take a look again tonight.

You're right, the lights really are this figures main strength. They're all over and rather than announcing that by blinding you they accent him.

I was playing with it some more, & now I don't think the legs & chest area are die cast :slap

Sorry guys.

I wanted to take a pic of the LED's looking all cool & lit up, but my camera doesn't really do that well in low light, without using flash, so I wound up with this :lol

35569707.jpg

Stick with the promo pics if you're trying to decide whether to buy or not. My blurry pic doesn't really showcase the detail properly :D

^^cool thks Lawrence! i prefer the inhand pics when deciding on purchase. :)

anyone seen a youtube vid review? gonna have a look for one..

I prefer 'in hand' pics as well, but good ones at least :D

& no, I don't remember seeing a YouTube review.

Hello!

I just got my Wild Tiger and I have some questions I hope you can help me with.

Since I can't understand the instructions, How do I turn on the head led? all other parts have a safety plastic so the batteries don't run out before you get it, but I can't seem to find it in the head piece.

Also, the extra head showing the face, I can only take off the lower part showing the mouth, but the rest I can't move and I don't want to break anything by forcing pieces off :S

I hope you have some advice, thanks in advance!!

Vega

I kinda had the same problems. Didn't want to break anything, since I also didn't understand the instructions.

If I remember correctly. The sculpt with Tigers face underneath, you had to take off the chin strap thingy, then slide the white face plate up. It's pretty important that you know that it slides upwards (vertically).

The LED sculpt, again, if I remember correctly, has a face plate that you have to pull out, horizontally. Underneath you will see the plastic battery tab protector thing, that you pull out, to get the light/s working.

The instruction pics do a fair enough job I guess, in illustrating how it's supposed to be done. But because the pieces seemed to be so tightly assembled, it was a bit of a worry, not wanting to break anything.

Edit: When I say "white face plate", I should mention that includes the top part of the head as well, with the green hair looking part.

Thank you so much! I'll try to see if I can get it to work this time, you are very kind!

Vega

Back