Bandai - Tiger & Bunny - Wild Tiger (12" Perfect Model Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre ordered at BBTS (around $300US), but I think I'll still check in at Amiami, in case they open up the pre order again.

Hmm, I don’t even see him listed on BBTS right now. :(

The Sideshow logo appears on Tamashii’s official site (at the bottom of the page), so I was kind of hoping that was an indication that they were going to carry the line in the States:

https://tamashii.jp/special/12PM/wildtiger.html

Tiger’s price tag would be a lot less painful with some reward points leveraged against it.

I LOVE TIGER AND BUNNY!!!! The show is awesome and Bandai making figures saves me the trouble of trying to make 1/6 figures. I was dreading trying to make these characters. SOOOOOO happy about these coming out.

I for one am stoked over Bandai doing 12" figures again. I hope that they give me my ultimate 1/6 figure, THE GUYVER!

Can't wait till everyone sees how Bandai ____ed up again, as usual.

Those pics you posted look good though what's the issue?

What's my issue? I've watched the first 11, or so, english dubbed episodes, & I'm not exactly super excited by what I've seen so far. Maybe things get better, but it's almost halfway through the series, & I still haven't seen a super cool battle scene.

I guess the source material might be my issue. Maybe things will get better later in the series.

What's my issue? I've watched the first 11, or so, english dubbed episodes, & I'm not exactly super excited by what I've seen so far. Maybe things get better, but it's almost halfway through the series, & I still haven't seen a super cool battle scene.

I guess the source material might be my issue. Maybe things will get better later in the series.

It does get more focused later on, but if you aren't absolutely loving it yet then you might not ever :(

Shame. Because I really like the Tiger & Bunny armour designs (I like Bunny's armour more, but Tiger's character is cooler to me). I haven't completely ruled out this figure, but I am considering getting the 'SH Figuarts' figures as a cheaper alternative. Might be a satisfying enough representation of the anime for a guy like me.

But then again, Bunny (I still want this figure) might get released, & I might regret not having Tiger to display with him. But I don't want to buy Tiger, then have Bunny never be released. What to do? If these were $150 or less, the decision would be way easier.

What's the chance these will go the way of Medicoms recent Batman & Joker figures? :lol

Meh, I went ahead & ordered the 'SH Figuarts' figures (1 Tiger, & 1 Bunny) from Amazon. I missed the special they had on Tiger though :slap

I wanted to pick up one just seeing how cool it was until I saw the price. Bandai price gouging. I had to give up the Ronin Warriors because of it.

Shame. Because I really like the Tiger & Bunny armour designs (I like Bunny's armour more, but Tiger's character is cooler to me). I haven't completely ruled out this figure, but I am considering getting the 'SH Figuarts' figures as a cheaper alternative. Might be a satisfying enough representation of the anime for a guy like me.

But then again, Bunny (I still want this figure) might get released, & I might regret not having Tiger to display with him. But I don't want to buy Tiger, then have Bunny never be released. What to do? If these were $150 or less, the decision would be way easier.

What's the chance these will go the way of Medicoms recent Batman & Joker figures? :lol

The chances of this reducing in price is very high. Unlike the aftermarket for American and Hong Kong figures, by and large Japanese figures go down in price. You can find them on sites for 3000 yen less than what they went for sometimes within weeks of them coming out. I wouldn't be surprised if these receive harsh 30% off sales down the road, but then again people are complete suckers for Tiger and Bunny products so who knows.

I cannot recommend the Figuarts though. That was Bandai trying to exploit the fanbase with lackluster figures. Bandai is just a bad company in general. It seems like they can never actually make something solid. It always has mass quality control issues, loose joints, sloppy paint jobs, or other major issues. I try to never buy Bandai products through preorder. I always wait and see.

I tried watching the first few episodes, but I have to say I'm not interested with the anime at all. Despite being a fan of Masakazu of the 90's.

@Monger. From what I've read & seen, I think the 'SH Figuarts' will be nice enough. They look cool to me :D

SHF-Barnaby-Brooks-6.png

SHF-Barnaby-Brooks-9.png

@Hydeous. I think I'm going to stick with the anime. The armours look cool :lol

Woh. Shipping on this is crazy. I've purchased four 1/6 scale figures previously from Amiami, & shipping would be around $20, maybe even less. Shipping for this is nearly $60 :eek: Which I think put's it at about 2.6kg. Might as well upgrade the shipping to EMS for about $3 more if it's going to cost that much. I was already having doubts about getting this, before I knew about the shipping cost difference.

Need to think more about this. These pics make it a bit more difficult to pass on though. Figure looks really nice, & wow, those LED's. Decisions, decisions.

photo06_1l.jpg

photo07_1l.jpg

photo30_1l.jpg

photo26_1l.jpg

Credit & more pics here

Somebody release a review already :lol

Well, I went ahead & purchased this. I'm still not sure if it was the right decision though :thud:

Back