1/6 Bandai stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrhoss on OSW posted some photos of the instructions for the 1/12 Trooper as an indication of what we might expect from his bigger brothers:

zAVgEgL.jpg

1Q09syN.jpg

Almost everything on the 1/12 is concealed well. About the only thing that gets ugly is views from the back when you a two handed shooting pose, for example. The shoulder joints pull out and forward. But who knows, Bandai might have a completely new design for 1/6.

Dh8Hae4.jpg

Just for an idea of what you're looking at quality wise, this is what's capable with a little extra work on a 1:12 scale bandai speeder bike and scout trooper:
21550792412_3cf9234ef9_b.jpg

Bandai now doing 1/6? Oh, no! And I thought I was going to escape with only their awesome 1/12 figures... :lol

The shiny plastic they use on the 1/12 troopers would be awesome scaled up to 1/6!

I'll get one, looks amazing from what's shown and not a silly asking price.

My Vader will finally get a garrison of bucketheads. I just hope Bandai's idea of sixth scale is more like Hot Toys and less like Medicom.

I look forward to seeing how posable their sixth scale figures are. Such great kitbashing potential.

My Vader will finally get a garrison of bucketheads. I just hope Bandai's idea of sixth scale is more like Hot Toys and less like Medicom.

I look forward to seeing how posable their sixth scale figures are. Such great kitbashing potential.

Their 1/12 scale is more like Hasbro and less like Figuarts, so there is hope!

Just for an idea of what you're looking at quality wise, this is what's capable with a little extra work on a 1:12 scale bandai speeder bike and scout trooper:
View attachment 294892

Your definition of "a little" is a lot different than mine haha. It would take me hours and hours of work to get my speeder bike to look anywhere near that.

Wondering if the kit would allow to use an undersuit for the figure.

I thought of that too, but having built almost all of Bandai's Star Wars 1/12 models, you would have to do a lot of work. The parts are made to hold the black joint pieces. You'd have to dremel out every one of them to accommodate a body. If they are just upscaling the 1/12 kits, hopefully there's some differences.

Any idea when it's supposed to be released or put up for Preorder? I can't find any other info on it.

When Bandai announces something like this they don't waste any time. I expect to own at least one of these before end of year.

Unlike the large Star Destroyer or 1/72 Millennium Falcon the Stormies have box art and a product number.

Posted on OSW:

Think I've seen enough of these now.

They look cheap and rough.

Yeah agree, these aren't looking like they're at the same level of armor design and accuracy as HT at the moment.
I'll wait to see more before totally losing interest in these. They're still fun to put together though.

Posted on OSW:

Think I've seen enough of these now.

They look cheap and rough.

For something cost 1/4 of HT, what do you expect honestly?

Just paint it and its will come out good as HT. Sculpt is good enough for me. Out of the Box model kit always rough

They're okay if you're going to hide them in a standing pose behind a couple of rows of Hot Toys' troopers - so you won't see the badly fitting armour or exposed body/ankle joints.

But for every three of these ($207) you could buy a HT.

Yeah they seem to be alright but you get what you pay for. Though I only wanna get two to put by Vader standing behind him on both sides with Boba so I think that'd look pretty awesome.

Bit hard to tell because the lighting is so extreme, but yeah these aren't looking too encouraging.

I'm bummed that it appears to be yet another sculpt based on the hero helmet, not the stunt.:(

Back