1/6 Bandai stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got another one!
Only $89 Canadian. I will post some pic's when it's built and with the others!
Adding fabric on all the joint area's as per the YouTube vid's I have seen customizing the smaller scales.
I really like these kits, hope they do some sandtroopers in this scale! or clone troopers too!

That is very clever, not quite sure I have the skillset to pull it off though.

I managed it with the 1/12 kit. It took 2 goes for me to get it right but it looked pretty good. It was a bit of a fiddle, but it would be much easier with a kit that’s twice the size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, once they are covered up they actually look really good.
If I can figure out an upload from my phone (not the most tec savey person) I will have some pics going.
Meanwhile, check out this guy's custom work!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwxY81Bl380

I was really excited till i saw it was 1/12, lol.
He does a great job. That is all easy to do.
I wish Bandai did 1/6 Clones. That would be amazing.
I still plan to get one of those stormtroopers though.
I can't wait to get to customising one.

Well, I am kind of cheating, using fingers off of cheap ladies Lycra gloves from the dollar store
for the elbows and knees, and the thumbs for the hips and shoulders. Just slip them on and trim.
Again, cheap stretchy socks for the body areas just trimmed down.
pics soon!

Well, I am kind of cheating, using fingers off of cheap ladies Lycra gloves from the dollar store
for the elbows and knees, and the thumbs for the hips and shoulders. Just slip them on and trim.
Again, cheap stretchy socks for the body areas just trimmed down.
pics soon!

Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lets see if this works......there is a Marmit on the end here for some scale perspective

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 110
Nice! Whoever it is inbetween the Bandai and the Marmit would make a good Luke in comparison to the others. To me, the Bandai is a properly scaled model. Figures, no matter now much anyone may protest, are not properly scaled. That stemmed from DML. They were in the scale model business long before they were doing figures. They attached a model scale to their figures and the rest is history. It's fair to say the weapons and some gear were 1/6, but, the figures never truly were.

These are all Bandai, except for the Marmit on the end. Do you mean other manufacturers between these 2 companies? or is it just the way they are posed in the pic?
Yes, scales are all over the place when it comes to 12" figures, and sometimes it is very frustrating (especially if you like to see before you buy). I do like the scale of these kits, and love them for what they are. Are they perfect scales/proportions? Nope !, Are they fully articulated, 12" Stormtroopers? Yep! That's what I wanted for a long time, and in my budget! I bought the Marmit about 20 years ago (when they first came out) and they blew me away back then. Now I have these, and I am more than happy! I really hope Bandai does more in this scale, there are lots of troopers they could do!

Oh, right, LOL! Must have been the poses that made one look shorter. That's another thing that bugs me, when 12" figures are referred to as 1/6. Early SSC and Hasbro were 12" figures, they were NEVER 1/6. Both companies marketed them as 12" figures and that is precisely what they were, figures that were 12" tall.

Sadly, I don't think that Bandai will do more 1/6, you'd think we would have seen more by now if there were going to be any. Maybe they didn't take off in the way Bandai had hoped.

Right?? 12" figures are just that! I have been scratching my head over scales of these figures for a long time.
Sad if Bandai doesn't make more though......guess I had better buy what I can before the price shoots up

Yep, that's right. If it doesn't say 1/6 on the box, it probably isn't 1/6 in the box. SSC latterly well, your guess is as good as mine! Henry Jones, on his original Prometheus, was scale height for Sean Connery, if he was on his knees!

Bandai did a Yoda 2 pack, one was 1/6, one was 1/12. Sadly they got them the wrong way round and the Empire one was 1/12 and the Prequel one was 1/6. The 1/6 one looked like a giant SHF and needed too much work to look realistic and the 1/12 one was a static prop.

Back