1/6 Bandai stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Looks like Bandai is releasing a 1/6 scale stormtrooper model kit!

This sound interesting. I'll wait and see.
How are these Bandai kits? Are they easy to assemble? Do you need to paint them? Use glue?

Bandai model kit is the best. They are moderate to build, depend with line though. Their smaller line model kit comparable to shfiguarts and black series. Probably even better than black series

Seriously for $70, it's amazing alternative for army built

Re: Looks like Bandai is releasing a 1/6 scale stormtrooper model kit!

From the 1/12 figure kits they are pretty well designed, I really like how the joints feel. There can be some painting required for little things, but they also include stickers/decals if you want. In a lot of cases, they separate and cast parts in the color they need to be.

Bandai is making 1:6 scale models now? I'm exhausted thinking about the possibilities.

Yeah... this is becoming so confusing! :google

And how exactly do these "kits" work? Snap-together kits?

You cut them off sprus (use a sharp hobby knife), you might need to sand the cut off points (use thin modeling sanding sticks), and snap the different pieces together following the instructions. Sometimes you might need to use glue.
They come with both a water-slide decal sheet or a sticker sheet, it's your choice.
The different colors are done as separate colored plastic pieces, no need to paint but it can elevate the model if you do.

Watch Youtube videos where they put Bandai kits together to get the best idea.

Last edited:
It's a pretty bad advert.

Right in the middle, in dark lettering where the eye is drawn, it says "1/12" with a shadow of a 6" figure to show the size difference to what they're offering.

And then they put shadows behind the main 1/6 full figure image so he looks like he's got fat legs. The artwork itself is stylized, so the helmet appears angular.

So it remains to be seen whether these will be viable alternatives.

I'm planning on taking the armor and doing some adjustments to put on a slim true type with a black jumpsuit. Should look good with repaint.

You cut them off sprus (use a sharp hobby knife), you might need to sand the cut off points (use thin modeling sanding sticks), and snap the different pieces together following the instructions. Sometimes you might need to use glue.
They come with both a water-slide decal sheet or a sticker sheet, it's your choice.
The different colors are done as separate colored plastic pieces, no need to paint but it can elevate the model if you do.

Watch Youtube videos where they put Bandai kits together to get the best idea.

Interesting, thanks for the info!

No ideas of where this is sold? Or has it not been officially announced?

It's not officially announced yet for the USA, but if this follows past Star Wars Bandai releases, these will only be available in Asia. However, you will see plenty of importers selling them here in the US for close to retail, I get my sets from BBTS or Amazon.
This does kinda suck for us since you can buy Bandai Halo and Superhero figure models in the US at Toys R Us, Walmart, and Target occasionally on sale.

Back