Bandai GX-71 Beast King GoLion - Voltron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Wonder why the shipping weight is 6.8 lbs. The box and the accessories add another 3 lbs I guess.

Maybe they were charging dimensional weight instead of actual weight? Some couriers do this by multiplying length, width, and height then dividing by a set number usually ranging from 120-160 depending on courier. So if your box was say about 14x10x6 and you divide by 120 you get 7. I guess it's their complicated way of calculating for volume rather than actual weight.

So I finally pre-ordered this from Anime-Island. I like that I was able to make a couple payments towards this. I hope that when I get the final payment notice, that I will only owe around $100 bucks or I get my tax return before then.

It finally came in!

IMG_0484.jpg

What did they say?

They claim that $270 is as low as they can go. It's ok, I'm still saving $30. I don't want to burn them by filing a chargeback, but it is the last time I'm doing business with them for sure.

So he's as tall as Magnus, uh? That's not bad at all, as I think he's scaled correctly of we go by that.

Can't wait for mine!

Couple of pictures of this masterpiece.

IMG_0489.jpg

Height comparison.

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

I noticed you have him stretched at the waist. Is that the default position or is it just an option for possibility like the extension at the elbows for the arms? Can it stay in that stretched position without extra strain because of weight or without having to readjust anything like black lions tail assuming the tail snaps into place?

It is a personal preference. I think it looks better with the waist extended and better to pose. I see other have it none extended elbows and waist too. The waist locks in place. Really a great design.

It is a personal preference. I think it looks better with the waist extended and better to pose. I see other have it none extended elbows and waist too. The waist locks in place. Really a great design.

I do prefer it extended too. So it locks in place-- does it displace the tail which is folded up in the groove in back?

If this was bigger I'd consider jumping on it. 10 inches is smaller than my 1/6 collection, obviously, and I don't want Iron Man to dwarf him.

If this was bigger I'd consider jumping on it. 10 inches is smaller than my 1/6 collection, obviously, and I don't want Iron Man to dwarf him.

He is actually 11 inches to the head, and 13 inches to the tips of the wings.

Voltron is slightly shorter than Mark 42. Two of my diecast figures, they are heavy!

IMG_0497.jpg

I just opened mine last night and have to say how impressed I am with it. This thing is beautiful and built like a tank. I completely agree with everyone who thinks it looks even better with the waist extended. There is no issue with displaying it that way -- the waist firmly locks into place and the tail in back sits perfectly.

Back