Balrog Legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It definately is, and has a pretty big footprint too; for the current sale price you can't lose! :banana

I'm sure I've posted these somewhere, but here they are again, along with a shot of where the bust is currently (on top of my Detolfs). It's really an excellent piece.

detolfs_11-12-09.jpg

balrog_lsb5.jpg

balrog_lsb4.jpg

balrog_lsb7.jpg

#157 showed up on my doorstep today thanks to the wbshop sale. Incredibly fast shipping, considering it was free! Outer shipping box was thrashed, but the Balrog's box inside still looked great thanks to the foam spacers protecting it.

This bust is amazing in person, far better than I'd ever thought from the site pictures. It has so much presence and quite a bit more depth than might be apparent. Paint looks great and the flame effect works fine, considering it's not lit from within. It's my fourth LSB but first from the larger ones (Morgul Lord, Cavey, Sauron, Balrog). Gotta track down those other three now. :D

IMG_3794.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

#157 showed up on my doorstep today thanks to the wbshop sale. Incredibly fast shipping, considering it was free! Outer shipping box was thrashed, but the Balrog's box inside still looked great thanks to the foam spacers protecting it.

This bust is amazing in person, far better than I'd ever thought from the site pictures. It has so much presence and quite a bit more depth than might be apparent. Paint looks great and the flame effect works fine, considering it's not lit from within. It's my fourth LSB but first from the larger ones (Morgul Lord, Cavey, Sauron, Balrog). Gotta track down those other three now. :D

IMG_3794.jpg

Congrats, that was a great deal, and yes the other three "biggies" are must haves.......three of the best LOTR busts ever made.

]

mine lights up :naughty:naughty i thought they all did :confused::confused:

vqkz8g.jpg

2gukvag.jpg

mine lights up :naughty:naughty i thought they all did :confused::confused:

vqkz8g.jpg

2gukvag.jpg

hey! i know that some of these busts really do light up, but this is the first time i've actually seen how the light-up feature looks like! you got an awesome piece there sir. congrats!

question, how'd you know if your balrog lsb lights up or not? does it have a switch or something? also, up front, do the eyes and the mouth also light up? i might have had mine for about a year now and not even know that mine also lights up like that...wishful thinking but hey, who knows? :naughty:naughty:naughty

Hate to bump an old thread, but figured keep info on a particular piece in the same spot as much as possible.

I just picked this beast of a bust up.
He seems a tab bit dusty.

What would be a good way to go about cleaning up and really make the flames "pop" again?

Last edited:
Hate to bump an old thread, but figured keep info on a particular piece in the same spot as much as possible.

I just picked this beast of a bust up.
He seems a tab bit dusty.

What about be a good way to clean up and really make the flames "pop" again?

Wow, that is strange. I just got one of these last week also and it is dusty as well. I have not had a chance to clean mine either. Thinking hard about adding a light up feature like shown above.

Back