Balrog Legendary scale bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my biggest factor as well. I love the look of the piece, but $400 for this one is just out of my budget right now. I could buy a bunch of the 12" figures I've been putting off (Buffy and Universal Monsters) for the price of this one bust.

Yeah, I just have other things I want more than this considering the versions of the Balrog I have.

I am so glad they did this bust and on this scale too as the Balrog needs to be BIG!! It is expensive but as I only (thankfully!!) collect the LOTR PFs and LS busts now its not TOO bad for me. Mind you I have got the Darkness Exclusive PF on order cos he is just stunning IMO! As long as they space these guys out I don't mind and judging by the pacing of the release schedule for LOTR this past year I have nothing to worry about!!! :rotfl

Edition size is 1000!! WOW I did not expect it to be that high. This just means it will be cheaper on the secondary market.

Edition size is 1000!! WOW I did not expect it to be that high. This just means it will be cheaper on the secondary market.

And I thought an ES of 500 would be high! Yes, it will be much cheaper! There's gonna be a ton of cancellations on this bust.

Yeah, I too thought 500 would mean discount prices. SS is going on a huge ES binge. Good for them, as long as they sell out the majority of their stock.

Like I said earlier...the higher the ES the lower the secondary price. Would have loved a reasonable ES, but getting this for under $300 certainly works for me. Order cancelled! :D

Last edited:
You guys keep talking about the secondary market, but didn't SSC clamp down on that? Resellers can only discount these 10%. If you're lucky, an individual might purchase one now, and choose to dump it a few months later for a huge loss. It could be a while before you actually score one too.

Personally, I ordered one from Dark Shadow Collectibles. You get a pretty decent discount, and shipping is only $5. That's another spot where you'll get killed in the secondary market. I can see people charging $40-$50 to ship this.

You guys keep talking about the secondary market, but didn't SSC clamp down on that? Resellers can only discount these 10%. If you're lucky, an individual might purchase one now, and choose to dump it a few months later for a huge loss. It could be a while before you actually score one too.

Personally, I ordered one from Dark Shadow Collectibles. You get a pretty decent discount, and shipping is only $5. That's another spot where you'll get killed in the secondary market. I can see people charging $40-$50 to ship this.

Aside from individuals, there are all sorts of SS retailers that sell their item's at well below the 10% discount. They just don't openly advertise it.

JPDio001.jpg

Only one I could find of mine at the moment. :eek:

Back