Balrog- Flame of Udun?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flame of Udûn is a very nice cost effective Balrog solution. But he's still no match for Daddy 'Rog. ;)

2874268732_ff4a298da2.jpg

2874268362_1d3ca253a7.jpg

(images stolen from Charles)

2111313322_74404c96d3.jpg

2384597080_7fefcdd912.jpg

I want to get a Balrog statue at some point. I was thinking about getting the upcomming dio, but now I'm thinking about the Flame of Udun piece since it can be had for a lot less.

What are the thoughts on this piece? I tried to find any exhisting threads, but they all seem to be for the daddy 'Rog.

I have one new in the box that I would sell to another member for a good price. Just send me a PM if interested. Thanks.

I think the Balrog vs. Gandalf dio is the next best Balrog poly to get after Daddy 'Rog (judging from web images). Then I'd go with the LSB, and then the Flame of Udûn. If toy figures are your cup of tea, I hear tell the NECA Balrog is pretty awesome. Of course you'll have to get the GTG figure to go with it. ;)

i don't have a lsb to compare to, but is it just the pics, or does it seems to be a touch on the red side??

That is actually a common critique of this one, though I had two and the second one I received is much less red. I haven't found it to be a problem.

That is actually a common critique of this one, though I had two and the second one I received is much less red. I haven't found it to be a problem.

oh no, i wouldn't consider it a problem, it still looks great. maybe if daddy rog was to the scale of the lsb, it would've been a lot more red also.

of course none of the statues can be exactly the same paint app. not unless they have one person painting every one, and even then it couldn't be exactly the same.

Back