Bag End Environment - from Weta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to someone from WETA(from the shadow and flame) this will be shipping in the middle of this year! :banana

That would be Tim, and he is the General Manager of Weta Workshop, so while anything can change in this business that is beyond his control, that's about as near as your going to get to 'confirmed' information.

Excellent, do how do you order from WETA directly? Do they have a PPO at a certain time like Sideshow? Or do they start ordering at the time of a newsletter like Sideshow does on Thursdays? Or do you have to keep going to their website to see if its up for order yet?

You can order things directly from WETA or there is the option of picking up something from an american dealer although I the interior version will most likely have to be ordered from WETA directly. There is no cancellation fee and I think they just put it up for order with the NL but I'm not for certain. We haven't seen a prototype yet but I sense we will in no time hopefully.

Excellent, do how do you order from WETA directly? Do they have a PPO at a certain time like Sideshow? Or do they start ordering at the time of a newsletter like Sideshow does on Thursdays? Or do you have to keep going to their website to see if its up for order yet?

If you sign up for thier newsletter then they will send you updates on the various projects they are working on including order dates. The folks on this forum as well as Weta's The Shadow and Flame forum seem to know more information and sooner than the newsletter's though.

Brilliant! I'll definately be getting the limited edition - all those rooms! All that sculpted clutter! We'll be able to play out the scenes in our heads as we look at the rooms!
Glad the dining room will be there - i'm guessing we'll see that room in The Hobbit when the dwarves arrive. Nice to have Alan Lee on hand to tell them how those rooms should look!

:banana :banana :banana

You can order things directly from WETA or there is the option of picking up something from an american dealer although I the interior version will most likely have to be ordered from WETA directly. There is no cancellation fee and I think they just put it up for order with the NL but I'm not for certain. We haven't seen a prototype yet but I sense we will in no time hopefully.

thanks! can't wait to see photos of it

If you sign up for thier newsletter then they will send you updates on the various projects they are working on including order dates. The folks on this forum as well as Weta's The Shadow and Flame forum seem to know more information and sooner than the newsletter's though.

thanks! I hope it goes up for order soon.

I am looking forward to this [ limited edition only for me] but I'll reserve my excitement until I see the price tag.

Over on the S&F board, Tim posted that the dimensions are:
16cmHigh x 30cmWide x 18cmDeep

That converts to about: 6 1/4" H x 11 13/16" W x 7 1/16" D

That height includes a tree, which will be the tallest part of the piece.

This is interesting. I have often wondered what Bilbo's entire house looked like and this may afford the opportunity to find out. But that will depend on how far WETA takes the sculpture.

On a side note, I just read that "Bag End" is a translation of "cul-de-sac" that Tolkien used in sarcasm. I found that to be interesting, but I wonder how they know that.

This is interesting. I have often wondered what Bilbo's entire house looked like and this may afford the opportunity to find out. But that will depend on how far WETA takes the sculpture.

They won't have every room, just the ones Weta mentioned - the ones overlooking the garden. Having every room would be near impossible!

23m7tjd.jpg

Up for PO now; both the LE (1111) and open edition. Looks great, lots of nice detail. I do wonder how the factory paint job will look on all the small interior details of the LE version.

Back