Bag End Environment - from Weta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrath was right! From Weta's website :

"Once signed off by all the relevant folks at Weta and with approval from the studio, this image provided the first point of reference for the talented sculptors and model makers who would be building the piece, supplemented by drawings of additional angles, some plan drawings, location reference photography and set blueprints. Also of particular relevance in the case of this miniature was artwork detailing the difference between the two versions Weta will be producing. Oops, was I supposed to mention that?"

Has Weta entered the world of excl's?

Two versions of Bag End-- a limited edition and a simplified open edition:

https://www.wetacollectors.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1224741#post1224741
Weta said:
Thanks for your interest in Weta's new Bag End environment(s).

As per our last newsletter, there will be 2 versions of the Bag End environment;

One version will be a limited edition, premium edition for dedicated LOTR fans and hard core collectors

and ...

One version will be an open edition, simplified version for fans in general, especially the thousands of tourists who come to visit us in Middle-earth each year. We were delighted to host 100,000 people at the Weta Cave this year, and expect this number to increase once a certain movie project begins.

Both versions will be painted polystone. We'll be explaining the differences in more detail in the next newsletter. And over the next several weeks we'll be publishing many, many pics showing the incredible amount of research and detail which so many people in the Workshop have contributed to this project, which is so dear to our hearts.

We expect Bag End will be ready for shipping by the middle of 2010.

And of course, while all the attention is on Bag End, we will be slipping more LOTR pieces in under the radar :shh

As always, you can keep up to date with Weta's newsletters / website and of course, on this thread on The Shadow and Flame.

Cheers

Tim

That is good news. I'll be curious to see what the differences between the two editions are, price-wise, sculpt etc.....though in the end it won't matter....limited edition or bust for me. :D

I am guessing $300 to $400 for the limited if I'm lucky.:D

If you're lucky? :confused: IMO $300-400 for an environment would spell disaster. These are not exactly huge and the biggest complaint about The Argonath was the $200 price...I can't even imagine how many would be upset about a Bag End selling for upwards of double that. Still, at this point speculation is pointless, Weta has already stated more info will be released in the upcoming weeks.......

If you're lucky? :confused: IMO $300-400 for an environment would spell disaster. These are not exactly huge and the biggest complaint about The Argonath was the $200 price...I can't even imagine how many would be upset about a Bag End selling for upwards of double that. Still, at this point speculation is pointless, Weta has already stated more info will be released in the upcoming weeks.......

True, but this is the first environment with two versions. This could possibly be the most elaborate environment we have gotten out of the entire line including WETA's run. I would love to see it be under $300 but only time will tell.

Does WETA release a newsletter every Tuesday night?

True, but this is the first environment with two versions. This could possibly be the most elaborate environment we have gotten out of the entire line including WETA's run. I would love to see it be under $300 but only time will tell.

Does WETA release a newsletter every Tuesday night?

True, it could be. I'm just not a big proponent of advertising what I am willing/hoping to pay for a collectible, or any other product for that matter. There is really no upside to giving SS, Weta , or any other company an idea as to what I am willing to pay for their product.

I'm not sure when their newsletter goes up. :huh

I hope it's not $300 - it's Bag End after all, not the Stone Trolls. Unless of course it opens up and shows the interior, in which case it'll be a bit larger.
I think the first version will be a proper collectible, for all of us to put in our collections, and the other a cheaper smaller version to sell en masse to tourists and casual fans - who knows, maybe an open edition to keep them selling through Hobbit-mania.

I hope it's not $300 - it's Bag End after all, not the Stone Trolls. Unless of course it opens up and shows the interior, in which case it'll be a bit larger.
I think the first version will be a proper collectible, for all of us to put in our collections, and the other a cheaper smaller version to sell en masse to tourists and casual fans - who knows, maybe an open edition to keep them selling through Hobbit-mania.

That would be fine with me.:cool:

If it's any more than 10,000,000 quatloos, I'm out.

providers0yv.jpg

If it's any more than 10,000,000 quatloos, I'm out.

providers0yv.jpg

I don't have a clue how much that is taking into consideration today's currency exchange rate, but I'm with Frank on this one. :lecture :lol

According to someone from WETA(from the shadow and flame) this will be shipping in the middle of this year! :banana

Back