"Bad Science Teacher": The Chemist customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Gus Fring sculpt looks dead on. The paint can always be changed, but the sculpt itself is dead on.

So I recently, innocently, purchased a Walter White sculpt off of ebay thinking I was lucky enough to snag someones unwanted treasure. Turns out the sculpt is one of Q's infamous recasts. It looks to be decent quality. I'm wondering now that I have it are fellow freaks gonna look down on me if I get it painted and put it to use?! I love that show and that character. Also do you think one of the board's painters would object to working on it?

This happen to me with Draper sculpt too (I bought both at same time) but I was lucky enough to get Ray to sell me his second Draper head.

Man I got caught by him too he was on here under another username my advice is complain through ebay hes selling counterfeit items and return them. You'll probs find someone to paint it on here but I highly doubt any of the big guns would touch it out of respect for Trev and rightly so. Chalk it up to experience and get your money back that what I did.

I'm good on the Head sculpt, mask, and chemical suit. Just need the containers, meth, and boots.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/452423/Really-Useful-Boxes-Plastic-Storage-Box/

https://www.fireonglass.com/paradise-blue/

Hope this helps on two of those items.

I recently purchased some scented tiny beaded potpourri from Homegoods because they were essentially tiny light blue rocks that looked closer to "Fring's Blue" than the firepit glass did. I have both on display because they only had three vials of the stuff.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/452423/Really-Useful-Boxes-Plastic-Storage-Box/

https://www.fireonglass.com/paradise-blue/

Hope this helps on two of those items.

I recently purchased some scented tiny beaded potpourri from Homegoods because they were essentially tiny light blue rocks that looked closer to "Fring's Blue" than the firepit glass did. I have both on display because they only had three vials of the stuff.

That office depot link is no good. It takes me to Home Depot but some kind of error. Thanks for the heads up though :blissy

Edit: Nevermind seems the site is down. I'll check it tomorrow

Last edited:
My opinion on the head sculpts is if you know they're recasts and you use them, you're a scumbag. If you bought the recasts without knowing that's completely different. But finding out they're recasted and using them is just as bad as knowingly purchasing recasts. :lol Of course, IMO.

My opinion on the head sculpts is if you know they're recasts and you use them, you're a scumbag. If you bought the recasts without knowing that's completely different. But finding out they're recasted and using them is just as bad as knowingly purchasing recasts. :lol Of course, IMO.

I actually contacted Trevor. I'm awaiting a response. I offered to pay him his fee for a sculpt. Obviously I don't have to. But I feel it's only right.

I actually contacted Trevor. I'm awaiting a response. I offered to pay him his fee for a sculpt. Obviously I don't have to. But I feel it's only right.

While that is a nice gesture, your sculpt is still a recast. :lol I would send it back for a refund. Go with Rocco's Walt if you got to have one.

It actually looks pretty good (please note I'm not condoning the recast behavior simply offering an opinion on the sculpt). Might it be the original that the recasts were made from?

It could be the flash, but it doesn't look to be a dark enough grey to be an original Trevor cast.

Hey Wake, if that's really recast, it looks pretty good actually.

I absolutely do not agree with the part in bold.

mmmmBrains: Don't be so hard on the guy. He didn't know it was a recast (if it really is). He already spent his money and probably won't get it back, so he might as well use this one. And you know what? I've seen original Trevor casts with really bad paint jobs in these boards. This recast with a good paint job will look better than those.

ps. Trevor's is 1,000 times better than Rocco's, even if recasted. Of course, all of this imho.:lol

Hey Wake, if that's really recast, it looks pretty good actually.

I absolutely do not agree with the part in bold.

mmmmBrains: Don't be so hard on the guy. He didn't know it was a recast (if it really is). He already spent his money and probably won't get it back, so he might as well use this one. And you know what? I've seen original Trevor casts with really bad paint jobs in these boards. This recast with a good paint job will look better than those.

ps. Trevor's is 1,000 times better than Rocco's, even if recasted. Of course, all of this imho.:lol

Thanks for the support Califas I was starting to feel like I was the one who had recast the head! In all seriousness I understand the gripes but I also agree with everything you said. (Down to you opinion of Trevor's sculpt versus the good-but-not great Rocco version--no offense Rocco if you read this ... your Mike sculpt is amazing and I hope to find one).

As it is I'm still trying to get in touch with Trevor. I had to eat the cost of buying something I didn't realize wasn't authentic on this (and a more expensive horridly painted draper recast) because of naïveté. Before two weeks ago I hadn't even really ventured into the customs forum and didn't realize that recasting was even going on.

Having said that at the time of purchase (before discovering the truth ofc) I was ecstatic. I though I'd found the best headsculpt representations of my all time favorite television characters.

Thanks for the support Califas I was starting to feel like I was the one who had recast the head! In all seriousness I understand the gripes but I also agree with everything you said. (Down to you opinion of Trevor's sculpt versus the good-but-not great Rocco version--no offense Rocco if you read this ... your Mike sculpt is amazing and I hope to find one).

As it is I'm still trying to get in touch with Trevor. I had to eat the cost of buying something I didn't realize wasn't authentic on this (and a more expensive horridly painted draper recast) because of naïveté. Before two weeks ago I hadn't even really ventured into the customs forum and didn't realize that recasting was even going on.

Having said that at the time of purchase (before discovering the truth ofc) I was ecstatic. I though I'd found the best headsculpt representations of my all time favorite television characters.

I wouldn't feel bad Wake, I see no point in throwing away something you shelled out money for if it's serviceable, seeing as Q is a giant ****wad who wont give you your money back. If you're alright with it being a recast, I say paint it up, and chalk it up to a learning experience. :duff

And the sculpts themselves are still something to be ecstatic about, they're two of the best characters on television sculpted by arguably the best sculptor in the business. :rock

It actually looks pretty good (please note I'm not condoning the recast behavior simply offering an opinion on the sculpt). Might it be the original that the recasts were made from?

Looks too light. What was the name of the seller you bought it from. That would tell us immediately if it was Q or not :duh

And Trev won't respond to you BTW. I've tried to contact him and if hes not talking to mods, he's not talking to anyone.

This my current walter set up, still need to add more and get my jesses in there

SAM_0748.jpg

That looks awesome!

:)

How many lbs of this Fire on Glass should I buy?

I bought 4kg for my display but I doubt you'd need that much depending on how many boxes you are going for a lb should do it.

Going back to the recasted headsculpt. Wake bought it through eBay course he can get his money back open a claim with eBay stating it is a non authentic item and you wish to return for a FULL refund. Q doesn't have a leg to stand on via eBay as they always side with the buyer. Now if he had purchased it directly from Q outside of eBay that would be a different matter.

Back