Back in Black Spider-man Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice review, I was wondering if anyone has any positive experiences w/ ebay seller: musicfan66.

He has 4 of them for 250 each & gives free shipping.

Quick question here. What scale is this statue? I know its 16.5" tall, but is Spidey himself like a 1/6 figure or more like 1/5?

Reason I ask is that I mainly have 12" figures and statues and I would like to keep it that way. I am not a particular fan of the larger scales (probably due to the fact I don't have the room to put all of the statues in larger scale that I would want).

you must be confused because of the iron spidey who has the claws...

Really? I didn't think he was that big considering how big the base is and the pose he is in. I thought most 1/4 scale were 18-20" and that was at a fully upright pose?

Yep 1/4 confirmed by the man himself Martin Canal. Sculptor of the piece.

And to put your doubts at rest i compared my HT Dutch with it so you can see.

PB050003.jpg

PB050001.jpg

Hi folks,

I recently had my first SS Marvel comiquette delivered & just have a quick question for any current owners of this piece.

Everything seems fine with the paint job & otherwise until I looked (felt) the inner side of SM's extended fingers. Now the thumb & index finger are perfectly smooth from the inside, but when you feel the ring finger & the one next to it they do feel rough (almost weathered) & appears like some kind of fibre or small hair dried partially under the paint.

The fingers don't appear to have been broken or fixed & they seem to be the right shape & size, but I am slightly worried about the paint starting to chip off these areas with time.

It is only noticeable when you look close or feel the inner parts of those two fingers (slightly on the pinky as well) but othewise is great.

What I'm wondering is whether any of you feel it would be worth an exchange or is this not so uncommon? I am in two minds whether to ask for an exchange as I'm really happy with the paint job, but I'd much rather not have any physical damage as the paint can be fixed.:confused:

I guess the reason I noticed was that the whole statue is so smooth apart from these bits.

anyway, I appreciate any input anyone may have.

Thanks, KS

P.S- I would post some pics but the only camera I have is on my phone & it's blurry as..

Just a quick update for you fellas. Sent sideshow an email explaining the situation along with a couple of pictures(best I could do with my phone) & I received the following reply:

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Returns Department. I’m sorry to hear that your Back in Black Spiderman Statue arrived flawed.

We would like to extend to you the offer of a $45.00 partial reimbursement to compensate for the flaws to your statue. This discount would be refunded to your credit card on file. Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

I'm a bit confused as don't they usually offer this when no replacements are available? I replied to the email to enquire but have as of yet, not heard back.

Anywhoo, thanks again in advance

Last edited:
Alright, I just picked this up from a forum member here. BIG props to bhags for working out a deal with me to acquire the BiB Spidey Com. He's a great seller and was very easy to work with.

Back to the BiB Com. What a fantastic piece. Visually stunning and dynamic to say the least. The pose, movement, and pacing to this piece are incredible. The base is also something to behold. All the various pieces from Doc Ock's, Green Goblin's, and Scorpion's costumes look sweet laying on the base. Very well made statue with good heft and construction. It's always nice to pick up some of SSC's older pieces. Everything seems so well made back then.

That's it folks. Just wanted to share my thoughts and enthusiasm about this stellar statue.

Back