Back in Black or ISM??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POWER1010

Super Freak
Reaction score
My new Wife of 6 months said she would buy me something from Sideshow for Christmas but it has to be instock, so......I have always loved the Spiderman Commiquettes but which one should i get?

I am leaning heavily towards the "Back in Black" but i like the ISM version as well....can't make up my mind :D

My new Wife of 6 months said she would buy me something from Sideshow for Christmas but it has to be instock, so......I have always loved the Spiderman Commiquettes but which one should i get?

I am leaning heavily towards the "Back in Black" but i like the ISM version as well....can't make up my mind :D

The real question is does your wife look anything like your sig, Yvonne Strahovski?:naughty

Everytime i think it's time to change that sig, someone always comments on it and i end up leaving it :D

Oooooooooo......The age old question! (We need the mods to add a poll onto this thread.)

I've only owned the ISM Ex., so I can't honestly give you a non-biased opinion. The ISM was absolutely stunning. The paint app. was gorgeous. The issue I had with mine is that everytime I received one from Sideshow it was chipped! I loved the piece, but couldn't live with the chips, so now I'm ISM-less. I still want to find a mint replacment though, but that's going to be the challenge and you might find yourself in a similar situation if you go with this piece. Furthermore, since the ISM Exclusive is out of stock, I would NOT settle for the regular. I would definitely go for the Exclusive on this particular piece. It's the only way to go IMO. It changes the piece dramatically with those few additions to the base.

However, with that being said, I think I was more hyped for the Back in Black than I was the ISM during PO and processing times. The Back in Black Spidey is more of the Spidey I know. It looks sleek and just says, "I am awesome."
I don't think you'll have to worry about chips on this one either. I also feel that the base on the BiB has "one up" on its ISM counterpart. The Scorpion's tail, Goblin Glider shard, and Doc. Ock. tentacle speak "louder" than the Capt. shield and Iron Man mask, IN MY OPINION. I'm sure some with disagree though.

Bottomline: If I were in your situation, I would go with the BiB Spidey. Even though I hope to get both eventually, if I had to chose only one for now, Back In Black Spider-Man wins in my book. (Congrats on the new marriage BTW! If she's doing this for you, she sounds like a keeper IMO. :rock)

Last edited:
Get the BiB! The regular version of ISB just seems incomplete once you've seen the exclusive edition. I have the BiB and it is beautiful!!
If you are planning on getting the Venom Comiquette it'll match up better as well.

I own both. Iron Spider-Man is much more impressive on display than BiB but he does take a lot more room because the "Waldoes" are a good amount taller than him.

i like the iron spiderman exclusive more...but between ism reg and bib iw ould go with bib ....but both are wonderful statues,so you win in any case!!:D:D

Thanks for all the opinions Gents....I went with my original feeling and ordered the BiB.....wonder if i'll get it in time for Christmas now??

Now i gotta get a Venom Commi......I chose to order AH! Mystique and Brooks Scarlet instead of the Venom because i could only get 2 at the time, and they all went up for P.O at the same time so i had to make a decision.

Thanks for all the opinions Gents....I went with my original feeling and ordered the BiB.....wonder if i'll get it in time for Christmas now??

Now i gotta get a Venom Commi......I chose to order AH! Mystique and Brooks Scarlet instead of the Venom because i could only get 2 at the time, and they all went up for P.O at the same time so i had to make a decision.

Congrats. I think you made the right decision by going with BiB.

That Mystique piece is going to be a winner. :rock It's shaping up to be the best looking in the line, IMO. I'll have to wait and see what in hand pics look like, but I can't see that it will disappoint.

good choice!!!buy also venom!!!they will make a badass display!!:banana:banana:banana:banana

Its really hard question, i own an BIB but have seen the Iron spidey. I really like the Iron spidey EX the reg is ok, if you had a option to get the EX then ISM if not then i would get BiB over reg ISM.

and if you plan to get venom in the future then id get BiB!

the choice has been made and the order placed, now to find a Venom after all this S hit is paid for :D

Back