B&W FRIDAY 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blade vs dracula dio is in the 50% off sale listing and wouldn't you know it i just got one.:banghead oh well got it for a decent deal anyways.

I just got the 50% off that i can't believe it that is a frigging steal for this Dio. :rock

Why? What did they tell you?

In other news: HOLY ????! I just realized that the color Creature bust qualifies for 50% off. That is a friggin steal! I just paid $400 for mine a few months ago. It looks great in color!

I just ordered the Creature 1:1 Bust for 50% off. I didn't hesitate on this one like I did with the Vampyre Bust during Spook. The only thing is that the left hand column also has a code for 20% off shipping on the Creature as well! Directions were unclear, so I shot Customer Service an e-mail to see if it applies to my order and if they can do it manually.

How Awesome!

Just harpooned a Creature From The Black Lagoon bust (color) for $240, and after the shipping special code, it's only going to cost me $0.43 for shipping!!! That is just crazy!

I held off for so long because of the original price.

$240 is something I can EASILY live with!

Sometimes good things really do come to those who wait :)

(of course that ES of 400 is what made all of this possible...)

How Awesome!

Just harpooned a Creature From The Black Lagoon bust (color) for $240, and after the shipping special code, it's only going to cost me $0.43 for shipping!!! That is just crazy!

I held off for so long because of the original price.

$240 is something I can EASILY live with!

Sometimes good things really do come to those who wait :)

(of course that ES of 400 is what made all of this possible...)

That's exactly my frame of mind when I purchased this bust like yourself. For $240 you cannot go wrong, especially for a life size bust of such an iconic cinematic character like the Creature. Most PF's sell for much more than this...and let's face it, Sideshow's 1:1 Busts are breathtaking in person.

I just ordered the Creature 1:1 Bust for 50% off. I didn't hesitate on this one like I did with the Vampyre Bust during Spook. The only thing is that the left hand column also has a code for 20% off shipping on the Creature as well! Directions were unclear, so I shot Customer Service an e-mail to see if it applies to my order and if they can do it manually.

I totally know the feeling about that Vampyre bust during Spook. I should've pulled the trigger on it. I REALLY wanted that one.

For the Creature Bust Shipping Special, just click on that little grey link below the RAH Han Solo that says "How to claim shipping specials"

I totally know the feeling about that Vampyre bust during Spook. I should've pulled the trigger on it. I REALLY wanted that one.

For the Creature Bust Shipping Special, just click on that little grey link below the RAH Han Solo that says "How to claim shipping specials"

Did you e-mail customer service with the information on the order? I read it through and it's kind of confusing.

Glad some of you guys are happy. I think this year's Black & White Friday was an epic fail. I noticed that the negative comments that were posted up on the discount page have been removed now. No. Sideshow's not trying to sweep that cluster frak fiasco that occurred this morning under the rug. :rolleyes:

Glad some of you guys are happy. I think this year's Black & White Friday was an epic fail. I noticed that the negative comments that were posted up on the discount page have been removed now. No. Sideshow's not trying to sweep that cluster frak fiasco that occurred this morning under the rug. :rolleyes:

What happened Blu? I've only been on for a short time.

Did you e-mail customer service with the information on the order? I read it through and it's kind of confusing.

The shipping code goes in the subject header:
CREATURE112009

Here's what I put in the body of email (ignore words in parenthesis obviously):

Leonidas Chaney (my name ; ) )
T999999 (order number)
CREATURE112009 (shipping code)

(address)
666 Phantom Rd.
Hollywood, CA 90028

I agree to the following, written below:

If I am taking advantage of a free item special or contest, then I will be responsible for additional shipping charges for that item and any import fees or customs required.

I understand that this E-mail must be received BEFORE my in-stock item ships, which usually happens within 24 hours after placing the order. Specials can’t be added after the items ships out to me.

1 (one) discount/item per customer per order. Specials are not eligible on Pre-Orders or flexible payment plans (FLEXpay).

I can’t combine my special with other price/shipping discounts, gift cards, coupons, combination promotions, rewards, free items, contest prizes, etc. If I do the gift card/rewards savings redeemed will be forfeited.

Free shipping offers are on ground services for the carrier of Sideshow’s choice. If I have a carrier preference you will be responsible for the cost difference in services.

PLEASE NOTE: That it may take from 2 to 4 weeks to fullfill winners of Free item promotions!

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
The shipping code goes in the subject header:
CREATURE112009

Here's what I put in the body of email (ignore words in parenthesis obviously):

Leonidas Chaney (my name ; ) )
T969250 (order number)
CREATURE112009 (shipping code)

(address)
666 Phantom Rd.
Hollywood, CA 90028

I agree to the following, written below:

If I am taking advantage of a free item special or contest, then I will be responsible for additional shipping charges for that item and any import fees or customs required.

I understand that this E-mail must be received BEFORE my in-stock item ships, which usually happens within 24 hours after placing the order. Specials can’t be added after the items ships out to me.

1 (one) discount/item per customer per order. Specials are not eligible on Pre-Orders or flexible payment plans (FLEXpay).

I can’t combine my special with other price/shipping discounts, gift cards, coupons, combination promotions, rewards, free items, contest prizes, etc. If I do the gift card/rewards savings redeemed will be forfeited.

Free shipping offers are on ground services for the carrier of Sideshow’s choice. If I have a carrier preference you will be responsible for the cost difference in services.

PLEASE NOTE: That it may take from 2 to 4 weeks to fullfill winners of Free item promotions!

Hope this helps!

Thanks Le Fantome!!

Yes, that was a complete MESS! It was frustrating as each minute was ticking by... then 10 minutes, then 20 minutes....

As soon as B & W Friday started, the first thing I put in my cart was Elektra, then when I tried to check out, frrrreeeeezzzeeee. By the time it started working again (which was intermittently, for several second bursts) she was GONE. Jumped right on waitlist. Pretty sure it will convert with no problems.

That's all right though, because lo and behold, the Creature Bust (color) pops up on the 50% off list much later (it was not there before - I looked over that list many, many times). What a PLEASANT surprise!!! Snared him!

Thanks Le Fantome!!

My pleasure, Nitro. I do hope it is of help to you.

Now that we are on the way to being proud color Creature bust owners, what are your feelings on the SSE Creature Bust? For me, it's hard to understand why SS would go the TBD route like that and offer 2 per person, especially being that the color Creature is still available to the point of offering it up for a hypnotic $240!

Makes me wonder what they're up to ; ) Wonder if folks will try to wait it out a bit, then suddenly realize there isn't a "100 pieces left meter" and POOF...sold out!

I paid $400 for it in September and I don't regret it. It's a fantastic bust.

My pleasure, Nitro. I do hope it is of help to you.

Now that we are on the way to being proud color Creature bust owners, what are your feelings on the SSE Creature Bust? For me, it's hard to understand why SS would go the TBD route like that and offer 2 per person, especially being that the color Creature is still available to the point of offering it up for a hypnotic $240!

Makes me wonder what they're up to ; ) Wonder if folks will try to wait it out a bit, then suddenly realize there isn't a "100 pieces left meter" and POOF...sold out!

It's a really nice bust! I think it's going to fit in under the 100 pieces or less category & the meter was probably kept out for a reason. I think they'd keep the TBD route to gauge how many people are willing to purchase this. It'll be much less than the edition of 400 for the reg. Creature Bust...that is for certain.

I paid $400 for it in September and I don't regret it. It's a fantastic bust.

The production photo from the front looks a bit deceptive in terms of how much physical presence he has. A look at the side view really hit it home for me. Ozz, does the side view look as cool in person as the pics do? I would imagine MUCH more so!

What happened was that on almost all of the comps. the list for 50% was blank but had the message about the coupon. When we clicked on the 2nd chance button(just a link) it showed the list but still had the coupon message. Only the items for 50% would work anyways. Not until this morning did I see the actual list for 50%.
Def. waist of time.

Last edited:
It's a really nice bust! I think it's going to fit in under the 100 pieces or less category & the meter was probably kept out for a reason. I think they'd keep the TBD route to gauge how many people are willing to purchase this. It'll be much less than the edition of 400 for the reg. Creature Bust...that is for certain.

Are you in for him too? Go for it!

If the edition size turns out to be respectable, he will remain snagged in my monster net and be making a trip here!

DAMN! Why does the bust have to be discounted NOW!?!? I'M F'ING BROKE!!! :(

Are you in for him too? Go for it!

If the edition size turns out to be respectable, he will remain snagged in my monster net and be making a trip here!

:lol. No, I could only afford so much at once. I pace myself when it comes to collectibles. I just received a 1:1 Grievous Bust last week for $382 shipped from a sale from starwarshop.com that included a 25% off discount. Now I find myself getting this Creature Bust to add onto my 1:1 collection for $260 shipped.

If it sticks around like the Vampyre Bust, maybe I can snag one on a discount at Spooktacular '10. But until then, I'll have to wait. It'll probably be sold out by then...but I'm ecstatic that I get a chance to own the color version for such a great price. So it's OK by me.

You're right BF, a total and complete waste of time. Yeah, it looks like SS's removed everything but the "glowing" comments. :lol I just posted my own comment which is currently pending moderation....I don't like the odds of it surviving though. :naughty

"I agree with the other guys....what an awesome B&W Friday!!

Between the website crashing, discount codes that don't work [on the item's collectors actually want], and 3 new products that are nothing more than a re-hash of existing item's I've gotten just about as much excitement that anyone should be able to have legally in a single day!!!

Thankfully SS you didn't release any LOTR products as that would have simply been too much excitement for any one person to handle."

Back