AWESOME Ex. PZ PF WAIT LIST THREAD, GO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll go on the record as saying that I don't think there is a conspiracy, I just think that their automated system is broken and sucks. I can say for almost certain and without verification that wait list or no, there is someone with the same payment system who ordered later and got the conversion faster. The proof is right on the front page of this thread. I don't think Sideshow has any clue as to why this is happening whatsoever.

I find it hard to believe that the last person to have a conversion, per the list, had a different payment preference than they myriad of people who ordered faster. I'm not buying.

To the four board members who converted:
Inquiring minds would like to know, did you order flex pay?

BobaFett 2009-01-16 02:55:51 CONVERTED 2009-03-10

pixletwin 2009-01-16 03:13:15 CONVERTED 2009-03-10

cr4cx3r 2009-01-16 03:36:10 CONVERTED 2009-03-10

Kibishii 2009-01-16 03:48:38 CONVERTED 2009-03-10

:confused:

Again, not trying to cause trouble in any way. I LOVE Sideshow!!!

Thanks Chicky. I had no idea. Now it is all starting to make sense. I was sure there was a logical explanation for it all.

Yes furystorm, my order is Flexpay. :rock

Whoever was sending flaming emails: :moon

To the four board members who converted:
Inquiring minds would like to know, did you order flex pay?

BobaFett 2009-01-16 02:55:51 CONVERTED 2009-03-10

pixletwin 2009-01-16 03:13:15 CONVERTED 2009-03-10

cr4cx3r 2009-01-16 03:36:10 CONVERTED 2009-03-10

Kibishii 2009-01-16 03:48:38 CONVERTED 2009-03-10

:confused:

Again, not trying to cause trouble in any way. I LOVE Sideshow!!!

Thanks for the explanation, Chicky, and that does make perfect sense, insofar as understanding how Sideshow's order system works. However, I still say, and now with much more confidence and clarity, that the system is broken (or at least poorly designed).

There may be different SKUs in the system to accommodate full-pay versus flex-pay orders, but there is still only one PRODUCT. And, as such, all wait list reservations for the PRODUCT should be processed as one pool. Perhaps a separate, hidden SKU should be added to the database that could be shared between both order types, to allow for common wait list pooling.

Otherwise, people who order via one SKU or the other (and it may favor either SKU, depending on individual order/product circumstances) may end up being given an unfair advantage over people who reserved earlier, simply for having chosen the "right" payment method.

And, for the purpose of updating the list, my reservation is a full-pay reservation.

I'm going to go out on a limb and just make the assumption that the 4 reservations were Flexpay as well.

I'm going to go out on a limb and just make the assumption that the 4 reservations were Flexpay as well.

That is a fair assumption. :)

And I hope my comments don't come across as overly critical of Sideshow. It's just that designing software systems (especially database applications) is what I have been doing for a living for the past 25 years or so, so I tend to be more critical (and vocal) of flaws I observe.

Thanks for the explanation, Chicky, and that does make perfect sense, insofar as understanding how Sideshow's order system works. However, I still say, and now with much more confidence and clarity, that the system is broken (or at least poorly designed).
There may be different SKUs in the system to accommodate full-pay versus flex-pay orders, but there is still only one PRODUCT. And, as such, all wait list reservations for the PRODUCT should be processed as one pool. Perhaps a separate, hidden SKU should be added to the database that could be shared between both order types, to allow for common wait list pooling.

Otherwise, people who order via one SKU or the other (and it may favor either SKU, depending on individual order/product circumstances) may end up being given an unfair advantage over people who reserved earlier, simply for having chosen the "right" payment method.

And, for the purpose of updating the list, my reservation is a full-pay reservation.

I am also grateful for the explanation, but I too believe the system to be flawed. While I am in no way, shape, or form a computer whiz, I have to wonder how hard it is for SS to simply contact waitlisters in the sequence that they ordered regardless of whether or not they are on full pay or flexpay? :confused: We all get an email from SS when our waitlists are converting so why not add a comment in that email stating whether or not the item in question is full pay or flexpay and letting the person contacted decide. Had SS contacted me informing me they had an excl. PZ avail. there is no way would I have declined because it was on flexpay.....and I doubt any of the rest of us who were passed over would have declined either.

The problem (and flaw) is caused by maintaining separate SKUs for full-pay and flex-pay, and then having an automated activation/notification system that is SKU-based. That system has no way of knowing that the different SKUs actually represent the same physical product.

What surprises me, though is that at least PART of the ordering system does seem to be able to treat the different SKUs as part of the same pool, since the quantity available decreases for both SKUs when an order is placed for either.

And there should be no logical reason that a canceled flex-pay order MUST be replaced by another flex-pay order (aside from the current technical limitations of the system).

The problem (and flaw) is caused by maintaining separate SKUs for full-pay and flex-pay, and then having an automated activation/notification system that is SKU-based. That system has no way of knowing that the different SKUs actually represent the same physical product.

What surprises me, though is that at least PART of the ordering system does seem to be able to treat the different SKUs as part of the same pool, since the quantity available decreases for both SKUs when an order is placed for either.

And there should be no logical reason that a canceled flex-pay order MUST be replaced by another flex-pay order (aside from the current technical limitations of the system).

What he said.........:lecture

Full payment here.

Mhhh so, if we cancel a wait list, do we have the option to turn it into a flex pay WL, like an order ? :monkey3 :D

I wish I had used FlexPay......:(

Yeah this is pretty lame excuse!

It means that someone can order it regularly, then someone else can come along 20 min. later, put in a flexpay order, and still convert first? :horror

Sorry but this is NOT the way this should be set up.

It should go by when you click the order button...

Isn't flexpay supposed to just be another payment option for us?:confused:

Oh btw, now I also wish I put him on flexpay.

Sneaky!

Yeah this is pretty lame excuse!

It means that someone can order it regularly, then someone else can come along 20 min. later, put in a flexpay order, and still convert first? :horror

Sorry but this is NOT the way this should be set up.

It should go by when you click the order button...

Isn't flexpay supposed to just be another payment option for us?:confused:

Oh btw, now I also wish I put him on flexpay.

Sneaky!

Very true!!! Regardless, isn't there 100 pieces and 300 for the reg??? That's kinda unfair that they set aside a different list for the SAME allotment of 100 :confused:

Doesn't really matter anyways, since I got on the WL really late :(

Back