AVP game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whoa thats pretty harsh,I definitely find it more enjoyable than the first and second and graphically it aint that bad.hey just because a game isnt graphically superior doesnt mean its not enjoyable.thats like saying that only movies with the amount of effects like Avatar are worth watching,some of my favourite games are rat____ graphically now but theyre still enjoyable.Id much rather have a game that is enjoyable to play and have decent graphics than playing a polished turd.

Fair comment. True graphics do not a good game make, however it's 2010 and one would expect a little bit more these days. I can't say that I haven't had some fun with the demo but that's only because of the license. If it was a new IP or whatever it wouldn't even make a blip on the radar. I've been waiting for a decent Aliens / Predator game for years now and I'm not convinced this is going to be it sadly. Early reviews have been less than positive as well, though we'll know more in a couple of weeks.

Fair comment. True graphics do not a good game make, however it's 2010 and one would expect a little bit more these days. I can't say that I haven't had some fun with the demo but that's only because of the license. If it was a new IP or whatever it wouldn't even make a blip on the radar. I've been waiting for a decent Aliens / Predator game for years now and I'm not convinced this is going to be it sadly. Early reviews have been less than positive as well, though we'll know more in a couple of weeks.

honestly I cant wait to play it.Im a single player kind of guy as well and to me the screen shots look awesome BUT I think like the other games it is going to be pretty repetative.Ill probably just finish it and move on with my life.then again I might love it and be playing it for ages.....but I doubt it.

still cant wait to judge it in its entirety for myself :peace

lacking. It's so last gen, heck no, probably more 90's in design. Graphically abysmal with terrible animation and all the advances in FPS design over the past decade seem to have been ignored.

Still in saying that it could be that it really isn't reprasentative of the final game. However with less than two weeks to go I'm not holding my breath. :(

I'm very confused how you could think that. Graphic look on par with pretty much everything else released these days. And the animation is better in some aspects.

Also, the demo is based on a build that is about 10 months old (I believe this was the one at E3).

Also, the demo is based on a build that is about 10 months old (I believe this was the one at E3).

The final game also features detailed light sourcing and shadows. The latest movie they put out shows flares casting long flickering alien shadows as they passed by.

I'd be very surprised if that were true, and if the final game being released a week from now is noticeably different than the demo released last week. That said though, the graphics in this recent preview do appear to be better than the demo.

Last edited:
Either way am loving the demo, just played it now, now that I know my PC can handle it am considering swapping my PS3 copy for a PC one, is so much easier to shoot people in the head with a mouse :p

In the latest interview, the developers confirmed the "Predalien" and "a couple Alien surprises"... :google

I assume that's not to play as, there's a trophy for taking the Predalien down...

I wonder what other skins there are, the list seems to go on for a while in the demo, but they're all locked...

I have seen the Wolf from AVP:R and Hudson's armour too...I hope the Grid Alien from AVP is in there, he's my favourite...:D:D

I'm very confused how you could think that. Graphic look on par with pretty much everything else released these days. And the animation is better in some aspects.

Well the demo is ropey. Having examined some gameplay video's the main game looks a lot more detailed.

UK OXBM has given it an 8 out of 10:

https://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=234150

Game informer 58%:

https://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/aliensvspredator

Believe me I really want this to be good, but I fear when the reviews are in it will be average at best. Still it's an open race right now.

Well time for me to eat some humble pie. I've been playing the demo practically all night. Finally got some decent time with the Alien and I'm starting to gt a handle on the controls. Nothing beats running on the ceiling at 200mph, leaping on to an unsuspecting marine and blowing his brains out. Got to play the pred as well which was awesome, especially the whirly blade thingy, heh, heh! The only downers is that the Alien's melee attacks can get a little confusing in the heat of the fray and transferring surfaces can be a bit confusing at times. I tend to do really well with the marine as well. All in all I'm having a lot more fun with this online than I initially expected.

Please! Did you read that game informer magazine article, Someone post it up it was complete garbage. The guy was ranting on how aliens walk on walls and how predators rely on stealth.

^yessir your correct. that review was dumb as hell. And the two latest review are an 8 from OXM and 9.5 from somewhere else, some UK ratings mag or something, i forgot.

Well time for me to eat some humble pie. I've been playing the demo practically all night. Finally got some decent time with the Alien and I'm starting to gt a handle on the controls. Nothing beats running on the ceiling at 200mph, leaping on to an unsuspecting marine and blowing his brains out. Got to play the pred as well which was awesome, especially the whirly blade thingy, heh, heh! The only downers is that the Alien's melee attacks can get a little confusing in the heat of the fray and transferring surfaces can be a bit confusing at times. I tend to do really well with the marine as well. All in all I'm having a lot more fun with this online than I initially expected.
Agreed. It's got a steep learning curve but once you get it the game becomes extremely addictive.

hi all! i still havent been able to get into the demo of the game! does it work if i invite a friend? thanx

ive ordered the hunter edition of the game with all the extras! so in general is it a good game? good reviews etc?? cheers

Back