Prop AVP Elder Predator Mask Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uh, everything.
Ive got one sat next to me and ive had 18 different bio masks (sideshow and unofficial) and its probably in the top 2 for sculpt and paint.

In fact ill rank my top 5 (in no particular order aside from 1 and 2).

Stalker - Nothing sideshow has put out yet or any custom i have had has ever beaten the paint on it (not to mention the colour scheme in general is really pretty.

Classic - The sculpt is only 2nd to IMO falconer and that is only because i think the falconer design is very impressive in-hand as the bio mask is huge. But the sculpt is really nice i love it. The paintwork is top notch and the mesh is great.

They are the top 2.

Falconer
Wolf (SS OR DX, i wont choose 1 over the other because they both have + and -)
Tracker

All playing around for positions 3,4 & 5 because of sculpt and detail.

If the HCG p2 mask had a more glossy metal looking finish it would probably be in the top 5. Scar is also really nice despite the paper lenses but the cast on pretty much everybodys is a bit incosistant with thickness and thinness.

I will skip all the customs vie had and the other official ones just to end the list with SS Chopper being the last. The paintwork on it is pretty damn awful. The lenses are unforgivable and the symmetry is all wonky.

Last edited:
Stalker - Nothing sideshow has put out yet or any custom i have had has ever beaten the paint on it (not to mention the colour scheme in general is really pretty.

Everyone that owns the stalker seems to rave about it. I'd love to see one in person as opposed to outright buying one.

Oh, and if you ever need your HCG P2 fixed up, let me know... ;)

Ive got one sat next to me and ive had 18 different bio masks (sideshow and unofficial) and its probably in the top 2 for sculpt and paint.

In fact ill rank my top 5 (in no particular order aside from 1 and 2).

Classic - The sculpt is only 2nd to IMO falconer and that is only because i think the falconer design is very impressive in-hand as the bio mask is huge. But the sculpt is really nice i love it. The paintwork is top notch and the mesh is great.

They are the top 2.

Falconer
Wolf (SS OR DX, i wont choose 1 over the other because they both have + and -)
Tracker

All playing around for positions 3,4 & 5 because of sculpt and detail.

If the HCG p2 mask had a more glossy metal looking finish it would probably be in the top 5. Scar is also really nice despite the paper lenses but the cast on pretty much everybodys is a bit incosistant with thickness and thinness.

I will skip all the customs vie had and the other official ones just to end the list with SS Chopper being the last. The paintwork on it is pretty damn awful. The lenses are unforgivable and the symmetry is all wonky.

sorry, but my opinion is biased. I hate everything the "classic" pred stood for and the Bio looks lame to me cause it's basically a lazy rehash of something that's already been done twice. I have the Icons and HCG P1 bios. I used to have Wolf and Celtic, and might get the Elder. From what I've seen, besides the P1 Bios, cause those are obviously 1A and 1B for me, I think I would rank the top 5 that have been made by SS/HCG to be

Wolf
Tracker
AVP Elder
Berserker
P2

sorry, but my opinion is biased. I hate everything the "classic" pred stood for and the Bio looks lame to me cause it's basically a lazy rehash of something that's already been done twice. I have the Icons and HCG P1 bios.
will be pretty darn impressed if you have the HCG p1 as thats one of my grails. But all though i can see at a distance why you would be biased i really think if you had the thing in hand you would be pretty enthralled by it. I am hard to please too. And having almost every official and unofficial pred bio on the market i also look objectively at all the products put out. But id really recommend the SS Classic bio to you. A ton of work has went into it and its evident once its in your hands :) Go onnnnn! (or dont!)

But dont short change the SS product that went out because its more than what was expected of them quality wise.

Ordered mine about 6 minutes after the email went out :-D first time I've ever done that. I hope I can get my hands on the HCG P1 and Icons P1 someday, they're gorgeous. Wonderful pieces.

No lenses. No sale.

I have a feeling you're going to disappointed with everything they come out with. Eventually they'll get to the ancient preds and there's a remote possibility those will have lenses but I'd put my money on painted paper/polystone/whatever from here on out until they revisit the P1 and P2 masks (which they've said repeatedly they won't do in 1:1 anytime soon)

The previous AVP releases i kind of get the annoyance with lenses (Allthough i must say i do LIKE scars paper lense. at least on mine it was good. And having a wolf that showed signs of rust it was not a worry with Scar).

But, doesnt the AVP elders mask not have lenses anyway? Ive looked in the movie and even in other 1:1 prop replicas of it (and the ht) and the "lenses" are all grey. Like foggy/smokey glass. So i think SS can get away with it on this.

I have a feeling you're going to disappointed with everything they come out with. Eventually they'll get to the ancient preds and there's a remote possibility those will have lenses but I'd put my money on painted paper/polystone/whatever from here on out until they revisit the P1 and P2 masks (which they've said repeatedly they won't do in 1:1 anytime soon)

Not true, ALL of the 'Predators' masks had lenses, as did the Stalker AND upcoming Ceremonial mask. :lecture

This is just SS/ADI being lazy again and reverting back their old AvP ways.

Not true, ALL of the 'Predators' masks had lenses, as did the Stalker AND upcoming Ceremonial mask. :lecture

This is just SS/ADI being lazy again and reverting back their old AvP ways.

The lenses actually enhance the bios. I have the HCG P1, the SS Berserker and Sky W's Elder which is just like this one. The lenses on it catch the light from the back and look awesome. SS painting the lenses on this is lazy and this isn't the prop replica they make it out to be cos if it was a replica it would have lenses.

If you wanted the tumbler bad enough youd of got it years ago (judging by your join date you could of got the first release when it was retail)! So im thinking Elder ;-)

that's a lot of money for a big chunk of plastic. Not to mention, combining the first release, there will be plenty to go around. If you were thinking of the 89 mobile, then I would say go for that one, much more iconic and prolly won't see another.

. i PO'd this the instant i could, never did that with a bio i liked... and boy am i paying for it now errrrr. i will have u berserker. 1 day

Buy ittttt! I will be. You dont want it to be another hard mask to find in years to come :)

Back