Prop AVP Elder Predator Mask Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got mine today its pretty nice but i need a replacement i was ok with what i first saw the leather strap broke on the top of the helmet but when i really looked at the detail i found a giant crack going from the back cheek of the bio all the way to the nose and another crack on the top part of the nose:monkey4 its pretty bad and im pretty upset about it since ive been waiting for this bio for some time i contacted sideshow so i hope they get back to me soon:impatient::monkey2

just found even more cracks on the bio im not happy at all now i cant believe this passed through QC like this ,,,it all over the bio like someone dropped it or something this is horrible .

That sucks man but they'll send you another I'm sure. They are usually good about replacements on the bios I think.

My leather straps are also too short to make it look like it does on their website.
The worst part about that is if you let it hang down it sits right on top of the scar so you can't see it.

WTF Sideshow!?

Also my skull had a chip it in.

3 items I got this month and only one has problems... I guess their success rate with me is going up... still a D though.

The straps are just to short and they used crappy leather it bearks to easy. I hope the send me a new on this it the one thing o have really received this year and it comes cracked and chipped I don't know how that passed through QC

Wow, the issues with QC continue as usual, this has become a trend with Sideshow!
I will be getting mine next week and will do a video review, rest assured I'll be inspecting mine with a loupe!!!

Unpacked mine yesterday. Nice bio. Paint could be a bit better and lenses would be awesome. But I guess SS need to keep with the AVP mask tradition. Although the straps are a bit short, you can still maniupulate them to make them go over the nose area. Quick iphone pic:

Going to adjust it a bit more when I have time. Just threw it togther quickly and didn't have time to fine tune the straps.

that turned out quite well mate!
so what exactly did you do to manipulate the straps?

Thx. Here is what I did:

1) Loosen the knot at the end of the straps. Do not undo the knot. Rather, move the knot as far down as you can.

2) Tighten back the knot and insert the knot through the slit of the mask (you many need to turn the knot and find the right angle and give it a little bit of a shove) at the highest possible point of the slit. Do not try to pull the straps all the way down and go over the slit as this may break the straps.

3) Massage the two connection points where the straps are glued to the back of the mask. There is a thick layer of glue and you can acutally soften it to give you a bit more strap length. Do not pull on them as this may cause the straps to detach.

4) Twist the straps right above the slit (see pic) to tighten the strap and to get the proper look.

And you are done. Good luck and be gentle with it.

its a great mask but seems very cheap , i have the celtic mack and it is pretty heavy duty but the elder seems fragile still great but mine is back in the box until i hear back about getting a replacement

well i got a tracking number to send my avp elder bio back to sideshow but no other information dose this mean i will get my money back or will i get another bio because i really want this bio any help
i never did this before so im not sure what is going to happen

well i got a tracking number to send my avp elder bio back to sideshow but no other information dose this mean i will get my money back or will i get another bio because i really want this bio any help
i never did this before so im not sure what is going to happen

Call them up!

Back