Avengers - The Infinity War a.k.a The Hot Toys Reckoning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having seen it,
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm also hoping Hot Toys makes another Doctor Strange, not just because I missed out on him originally, but also as a big middle finger to all the scalpers who are trying to get $700 and up for it now. I'd rather go without the figure forever than pay a scalper for one.

I'm also hoping Hot Toys makes another Doctor Strange, not just because I missed out on him originally, but also as a big middle finger to all the scalpers who are trying to get $700 and up for it now. I'd rather go without the figure forever than pay a scalper for one.

Yeah as cool as he was in this, he wasn’t “$700-cool.” :lol Seems unlikely they’ll make him if they stick to characters with costume changes only, but I’d be in.

I can't believe I am saying this but after the movie I'm going to pass on literally every figure. I might consider Strange because I don't have him but I was VERY disappointed with the film.

Not the only one. Can only see myself picking up Cap, Bucky, and BW after seeing the film. Maybe SW and Vision if they even bother to make them which I doubt re being in the same clothes as CW.

I hope they do Bucky and Strange.

I'd get those to add to the list. I PO'ed Cap, Thanos and Thor.

I don't know about that; HT has been known to re-release figures making slight changes before, and given he was bad ass in the movie, I have a feeling they won't pass up making him again.

Howard Chan stated in a ToysTV interview that characters with figures already made with similar or identical costumes in IW are not likely to get re-released.

We can infer that this line will not get IW specific versions of characters who have not changed or changed significantly in appearance: Loki (Ragnarok), Black Panther (BP), Scarlet Witch (CW), Vision (AoU), Falcon (CW), and Doctor Strange (DS).

I have a feeling they’re basically at their limit in terms of current production capacity. And they’ve become more risk averse after TFA and perhaps AoU figures hanging around retail for a while.

That’s pretty obvious as they can’t even get GotG full teams out for their own film. HT have stretched themselves amazingly thin lately. Between Star Wars and Marvel alone they struggle to keep up, let alone trying to keep the dying horse of DC around and dabbling in random licenses here and there.

I can't believe I am saying this but after the movie I'm going to pass on literally every figure. I might consider Strange because I don't have him but I was VERY disappointed with the film.
I'm right there with you. Probably will get Cap and Thor, and maybe Iron Spider. The rest are a pass; especially considering:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

As for which characters from this one:
Thanos(1st versión of character I’ll have)
Thor(2nd)
Black Widow(1st)
Maybe Iron Man(5th)

We still gonna get more movies to decide on others, but what a great cinematic experience this movie was!

Howard cries himself to sleep when be sees the money scalpers get for these figures. He thinks all that money should go into his pockets. Dr. Strange will be re released with no changes or additions as a cash grab then languish at retailers.

Aren't these pictures confirming Dr. Strange, Black Panther, etc?

I am surprised nobody comments on these.

hottoysavengers2.jpghottoysavengers.jpghottoysavengers3.jpg

This is not directed at you exactly, but this feels like an endless cycle. :lol

There was a lot of discussion over those pictures here when the show opened. :)

Yes, those figures are on display. But they sometimes have figures just for display purposes.

The figures themselves are not evidence. Black Panther and Loki are included but there is no way they would release them again when the same figure is already coming out for different lines.

As I mentioned above, Howard himself said figures with same/similar costumes will likely not be re-released. It was during an interview when that exhibition first opened.

Most likely reason is that they just don’t have the production capacity. They have a lot of figures across a lot of licenses to do.

I just don’t want folks to get their hopes up for figures that likely aren’t coming.

civilwar.jpg

This is a Civil War display a few years back... spot the problem with it ;)

Worth also noting, in this instance they actually have the New Avenger version of Scarlet Witch in the display as well... (although in fairness, she has the Age of Ultron base, not the Civil War one, unlike Vision..)

Sorry about that. That was my first post in years. I was so excited about the movie that I started to look for info and got excited about those pics.

Sorry about that. That was my first post in years. I was so excited about the movie that I started to look for info and got excited about those pics.

Don't feel too bad. Discussion goes by fast, and not everyone makes it here every day. It takes 30 seconds for someone to reply to a question, and 2 seconds for everyone else to just scroll past.

Yes please don’t feel bad, which is why I prefaced my post by saying it wasn’t directed right at you.

I apologize if it felt like a criticism, which it wasn’t. These discussions do move quickly.

Again I just really don’t want folks to set their expectations too high for the number of figures we’ll get, especially for re-releases that are unlikely.

Back