Avengers - The Infinity War a.k.a The Hot Toys Reckoning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a custom made case. There’s a few places that make them but you should look close to your area because shipping is insane.

Aren't these pictures confirming Dr. Strange, Black Panther, etc?

I am surprised nobody comments on these.

Yeah, as was mentioned I doubt that means anything. Loki and Black Panther especially aren’t going to be released for Infinity War, if only because their figures aren’t even out yet. I know they said if they’re similar costumes they might not get a new figure, but Doctor Strange is still iffy.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would really like to see HT tackle a Battle Damaged mark 50 with a half helmeted face and Tonys clothes showing through the other damaged parts of the nano armor. Would be an impressive piece if they went the distance with it... I don't see it happening though.

I'm also hoping Hot Toys makes another Doctor Strange, not just because I missed out on him originally, but also as a big middle finger to all the scalpers who are trying to get $700 and up for it now. I'd rather go without the figure forever than pay a scalper for one.

I believe in free markets and in the case of Dr. Strange, I expect prices to go down if the market does not think that the figure is worth at least $700. That being said, it is such a nice figure that is definitely worth more than retail in my opinion. Disclaimer: I may be biased since I own this figure but I really like it and do not plan to sell mine.

Howard Chan stated in a ToysTV interview that characters with figures already made with similar or identical costumes in IW are not likely to get re-released.

We can infer that this line will not get IW specific versions of characters who have not changed or changed significantly in appearance: Loki (Ragnarok), Black Panther (BP), Scarlet Witch (CW), Vision (AoU), Falcon (CW), and Doctor Strange (DS).

I have a feeling they’re basically at their limit in terms of current production capacity. And they’ve become more risk averse after TFA and perhaps AoU figures hanging around retail for a while.

I think that it does not make good business sense for Hot Toys to re-release figures that have identical or similar costumes so I doubt that they will do it. For example, if Dr. Strange is "re-released" but looks very similar to the original release, the market for the v2.0 will be a lot smaller unless there is a significant improvement in quality (which I doubt). I agree that Hot Toys is probably struggling with their production capacity at this point. Thus, I think that they will prefer to produce "newer" figures that more people are likely to buy.

Isn't it funny how we used to talk about how Marvel Studios used to make minor changes to costumes between movies and give us multiple Iron Man, and how in part it probably was to sell new toys (or in our case Hot Toys), and here we are with this movie and the changes with many characters are either so minor or non-existent we probably won't get new figures..

Isn't it funny how we used to talk about how Marvel Studios used to make minor changes to costumes between movies and give us multiple Iron Man, and how in part it probably was to sell new toys (or in our case Hot Toys), and here we are with this movie and the changes with many characters are either so minor or non-existent we probably won't get new figures..

To be fair when the changes are major for some characters it turns people off too. There's a bunch of people that didn't want cap because he lacks the shield or widow because of the blonde hair :lol

Interesting how many people have said here over the last 10 pages or so they would buy a Dr Strange. I put myself on that list as well. I think a lot of people missed the first one, as he was a bit of an unknown character.

Have Marvel actually said anywhere that there will be a Doctor Strange 2 ? I heard he was one of Kevin Feige's favourite characters, so there's a good chance he'll get a Dr Strange 2 at some point done the road.

I just saw the movie tonight and to be honest;

Spoiler Spoiler:

So whichever way you look at it I think we will get another chance at Dr Strange if they don't release one for this movie specifically.

Interesting how many people have said here over the last 10 pages or so they would buy a Dr Strange. I put myself on that list as well. I think a lot of people missed the first one, as he was a bit of an unknown character.

Have Marvel actually said anywhere that there will be a Doctor Strange 2 ? I heard he was one of Kevin Feige's favourite characters, so there's a good chance he'll get a Dr Strange 2 at some point done the road.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So whichever way you look at it I think we will get another chance at Dr Strange if they don't release one for this movie specifically.

yeah Scott Derrickson has said that Nightmare is gonna be the baddie for the sequel and possibly have more of a horror vibe to it. :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Both Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch were pretty kick ass, arguably more so than in past movies... I keep hoping we'll see them really unleashed, as in a universe where none of these characters is Thanos' physical equal (not even Thor or Hulk) we need big hitters.

The disappointment to me has been

Spoiler Spoiler:

The difference is I think many people have said they would buy a Dr.Strange, but how many said they would buy another Dr.Strange.

For me he'd have to either be in the Ragnarok costume (unlikely) or come with one hell of a batch of accessories. The one they released is pretty much a perfect figure.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Both Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch were pretty kick ass, arguably more so than in past movies... I keep hoping we'll see them really unleashed, as in a universe where none of these characters is Thanos' physical equal (not even Thor or Hulk) we need big hitters.

The disappointment to me has been

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back