Avengers - The Infinity War a.k.a The Hot Toys Reckoning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe to hide identity due to sokovia accords

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I highly doubt avengers 4 will still be dealing with the "on the run from the government" bit. IW will probably touch on it for the first act but will have much bigger problems going forward. I don't expect it to be an issue at all during the fourth movie. I mean...thanos is at large, mass destruction, universe is ending..."better hide from the accords"? Let's hope not

Spoiler Spoiler:

New look at what will be Infinity War Thor that we saw from the IW leaked trailer. Guessing the end of Ragnarok. Guessing Road Worn will really be the last Classic Thor look. I can skip Glad and IW thor

I highly doubt avengers 4 will still be dealing with the "on the run from the government" bit. IW will probably touch on it for the first act but will have much bigger problems going forward. I don't expect it to be an issue at all during the fourth movie. I mean...thanos is at large, mass destruction, universe is ending..."better hide from the accords"? Let's hope not

There is likely going to be a time skip between the two movies. A lot of the set pics for Avengers 4 so far have been on Earth and look relatively undestroyed, so I don't think IW is gonna end on some big cliffhanger where Thanos lays waste to the Earth or anything like that.

There is likely going to be a time skip between the two movies. A lot of the set pics for Avengers 4 so far have been on Earth and look relatively undestroyed, so I don't think IW is gonna end on some big cliffhanger where Thanos lays waste to the Earth or anything like that.

Those "set pics" dont account for everything in the movie. We have no clue if the rest of the world was totalled or how its holding up. Which I think is more than likely as mass destruction will clearly be a thing. Time skip or not. No way they are still dealing with petty accords by the fourth movie when all the heroes know there is an intergalactic Titan running around with all powerful stones pulling moons out of its orbit and causing universal chaos.

I think it will. I think there'll be a cliffhanger with Thanos in charge and while *unprepared earthlings* have done some damage, Thanos & co. will pretty much be grinding tiny humans under their boots.

Then the tortuous wait for IW 2 will begin.:(

6JNrRBA

I am in the final stages of creating my custom Infinity War Captain/Nomad based off the concept art we've seen so far. I hope HT does it better, and the suit is as dark as it looked in the SDCC poster and less on that promo art that was released.

Last edited:
Those "set pics" dont account for everything in the movie. We have no clue if the rest of the world was totalled or how its holding up.

If the rest of the world were totaled and reduced to some sort of post-apocalyptic hellscape, why would Barton be fighting the Yakuza in Japan as Ronin? Heck why would he be doing that if the bigger threat of Thanos was still happening?

I think it will.

As I posted above, the stuff we already know about Avengers 4 lends strongly towards that not being the case. And remember, the Russos have repeatedly said Infinity War and Avengers 4 are two distinct films, not a Part 1 and Part 2. That was the rationale for changing the title in the first place:
https://collider.com/avengers-4-title-change-explained/

“We wanted the movie to be very different and distinctive, you know. There’s certainly cross-pollination between characters and some story arcs, but you know, the first movie is very clearly Avengers: Infinity War and, in time, we will reveal what the second film is.”

New look at what will be Infinity War Thor that we saw from the IW leaked trailer. Guessing the end of Ragnarok. Guessing Road Worn will really be the last Classic Thor look. I can skip Glad and IW thor

Having seen Ragnarok...
Spoiler Spoiler:

If the rest of the world were totaled and reduced to some sort of post-apocalyptic hellscape, why would Barton be fighting the Yakuza in Japan as Ronin? Heck why would he be doing that if the bigger threat of Thanos was still happening?

As I posted above, the stuff we already know about Avengers 4 lends strongly towards that not being the case. And remember, the Russos have repeatedly said Infinity War and Avengers 4 are two distinct films, not a Part 1 and Part 2. That was the rationale for changing the title in the first place:
https://collider.com/avengers-4-title-change-explained/

I don't know what they are doing in Japan, I didn't read the script. I do know that chaos and destruction is a given. No way they are still going to play up the "government is after us/accords" bit by the fourth avengers movie. Too much more important things going on and it's honestly silly to harp on from a story telling perspective. All of that nonsense will be addressed within the first act of IW with the heroes separated and possibly attempting to avoid detection. But once the chaos starts and a purple dude starts throwing moons and what not, it will be a non issue. Long dropped. It is quite possible that 4 takes place a yr after 3, some hero's have died, clints lost his family and is on his own anger fueld dark trip seeking god knows what, some heroes are in space, thanos was momentarily defeated or pushed back, and earth has suffered heavy losses. Perhaps having to gather the stragglers after the defeat (or bittersweet victory) of the last film. Set pics in Japan mean nothing at the moment.

I do know that chaos and destruction is a given... But once the chaos starts and a purple dude starts throwing moons and what not, it will be a non issue.

Huh? That scene isn't on Earth. The part in the trailer where Thanos is fighting the Avengers and Guardians and tosses a moon at them is on an alien planet.

I don't know what they are doing in Japan, I didn't read the script. I do know that chaos and destruction is a given. No way they are still going to play up the "government is after us/accords" bit by the fourth avengers movie. Too much more important things going on and it's honestly silly to harp on from a story telling perspective. All of that nonsense will be addressed within the first act of IW with the heroes separated and possibly attempting to avoid detection. But once the chaos starts and a purple dude starts throwing moons and what not, it will be a non issue. Long dropped. It is quite possible that 4 takes place a yr after 3, some hero's have died, clints lost his family and is on his own anger fueld dark trip seeking god knows what, some heroes are in space, thanos was momentarily defeated or pushed back, and earth has suffered heavy losses. Perhaps having to gather the stragglers after the defeat (or bittersweet victory) of the last film. Set pics in Japan mean nothing at the moment.

That's what I think is gonna happen. I don't think Thanos will completely raze the Earth - it'll just be the "conquered". Because this comment from Josh Brolin to "think Godfather" in connection w. Thanos. The most successful conquerings (like the ancient Romans) don't wipe everyone out, they assimilate. And one of Thanos children is Ebony Maw who can get into people's heads - probably make a lot of folks HAPPY about Thanos. Maybe that line from the BP trailer is part of some *mystic* warning to T'Challa "the world is changing. Soon there will only be the conquered. And the conquerors."

So I could see the dis-assembled Avengers and other heroes scattered and left to fight guerrilla-style, where they might have ended up after the Earth is overrun. For sure Cap, Bucky, Clint, Natasha, and Sam are familiar w. guerrilla tactics all the way back to WW2.

IMO it's possible that's how Bucky could end up w. the shield, 'coz with so much destroyed no-one is gonna care what WS did, there are bigger problems. Same with Tony and Cap. SW would have to do what she could and/or choose a side e.g. if she loses Vision too. (Elizabeth Olsen has said something about "everyone having bigger problems")

And Hawkeye IMO wouldn't even have to lose his family. He could just figure out like Antman that his family has no future if Thanos & co. are in charge. Especially with Thanos being known to take children and kill their families (maybe Hawkeye's kids are taken:horror. Maybe as Hawkeye he couldn't fight an attack off and his wife is killed in front of him). Everyone would just be enslaved to Thanos. It'll only be the strongest able to carry on a guerrilla war on Earth. Former spies who are used to life in the shadows.
Warriors and soldiers. Or tech types.

Anyway a scenario like that IMO could end up with some great costumes and looks:drool. Great HT figs. This may be my first Hawkeye/Ronin. But I want a sculpt - not like the BP thing where you had to get a separate sculpt.:( Just thinkin' about it has me tryin' to figure out ways to stash some cash for my most-wanted.:horror

As of now, I personally am looking forward to the black order figures the most. They are finally something new and they all look amazing, based on those statues we saw over the summer.

Can anyone who saw the teaser trailer confirm that Cap's Nomad outfit is actually black, or is it the same deep blue as his Civil War outfit?

Thanks

it's a shame Cap looks like he'll only have the beard in Avengers 3 and not 4 since I think he looks pretty bad ass with it.

Back