Avengers - The Infinity War a.k.a The Hot Toys Reckoning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I'm struggling with (First World obviously) with regard to Civil War figures is whether I just want to wait until Infinity War. With it being not only the culmination of Phase III but also possibly being the final Marvel films for Evans and RDJ I have a feeling that Infinity War might feel like the "definitive" representation of those characters. Since it'll still be the Russos I assume that everyone's outfits will only be slight variations on what we've already seen so we can probably wait just a couple years to get these characters as represented in the biggest superhero film in history (possibly past, present, AND future.)

I've thought about it buts that's such a long way off. I'm getting the Mk46 regardless because I think it's a great armor.

But I think you're right (at least I hope you are) about getting "definitive" representations of IM and Cap. "Definitive" is a word that I feel is used rather loosely but I suppose I mean that I think we'll see prominent design cues from the comics such as a chain mail Cap suit and another Bleeding Edge interpretation, but hopefully with a little more traditional color blocking (predominantly gold upper arm and upper thighs).

Galactus would be great as an overarching villain for phase four. If Marvel could get the FF rights back they'd make a great lynchpin for phase four (4!), a replacement for the Avengers, and then Galactus could be the bad guy.

Imagine this as the core Marvel universe for phase four:

Fantastic Four
Runaways
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Captain Marvel
She-Hulk
Secret Avengers led by Bucky, with Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Ant-man, Wasp, and Captain Marvel.

I'd watch the crap out of those movies.

Is there really a definitive version of IM? Stark has dozens of suits so which one is really considered definitive? If I had to name one maybe MK III since it was his first fully functional IM suit. But the MK VI and VII are pretty iconic as well. To me anything he wore in the IM 3 movie and beyond is just another suit. They all start blending together at that point and none stick out as being definitive my mind at least.

Right now I'd say yes, the MK III is his "definitive" suit as it was the first and is synonymous with his most iconic scenes like the hero landing in Afghanistan and him walking away from the exploding tank. But if Infinity War is his swan song AND it's the biggest cbm ever that, and only that suit, has the potential to rival the MK III.

Mark VII is the definitive for me.

latest

Right now I'd say yes, the MK III is his "definitive" suit as it was the first and is synonymous with his most iconic scenes like the hero landing in Afghanistan and him walking away from the exploding tank. But if Infinity War is his swan song AND it's the biggest cbm ever that, and only that suit, has the potential to rival the MK III.

It would depend on what Stark does in the suit in Infinity War as to whether it would be the definitive suit or not imo but I agree the potential is there.

To be fair.. He didn't actually do the true superhero landing in that movie. I'm pretty sure the first time he did it was in the opening scene for iron man 2 in the mark IV.

For me.. The definitive one will be the last one he uses.

Galactus would be great as an overarching villain for phase four. If Marvel could get the FF rights back they'd make a great lynchpin for phase four (4!), a replacement for the Avengers, and then Galactus could be the bad guy.

Imagine this as the core Marvel universe for phase four:

Fantastic Four
Runaways
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Captain Marvel
She-Hulk
Secret Avengers led by Bucky, with Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Ant-man, Wasp, and Captain Marvel.

I'd watch the crap out of those movies.

You. You have great taste.

I could probably write an essay on how happy I'd be as well as I'd love to see if we got the FF back. They're my favorite superhero time of all time and I'm sure MS would do them justice. Galactus and Victor would be ****ing amazing.

Regarding IM, I think I'll just get the MK III Diecast figure since it such an iconic suit being Stark's first fully functional and armed suit and the one he wears in Infinity Wars since it will be the last suit he wears as Iron Man.

Regarding IM, I think I'll just get the MK III Diecast figure since it such an iconic suit being Stark's first fully functional and armed suit and the one he wears in Infinity Wars since it will be the last suit he wears as Iron Man.

that sounds like a good plan.

initially i had only planned on getting the final battle armors from each avengers movie.. but after i bought the mark 7 i decided to get the war machine mark 2.. then i said, well, i'll get the war machines from each avengers movie.. then i picked up heartbreaker and starboost. so i told myself, i'll just get the 3 house party suits from when they first showed up in iron man 3. then i bought shotgun. after that i said screw it and picked up centurion and the mark 42.

so.. my plan failed miserably. i figure, i'll have the 42 to go with the house party figures (i also have sneaky preordered, and if they announce blue steel, nightclub, disco, mark XIV, and hammerhead i'll get those as well) and i'm picking up the 45 because it's my favorite so far and it'll go with my war machine mark 2.. then i have the war machine mark 3 and iron man mark 46 preordered.. and if they reveal a diecast mark 6 i'll preorder that and the war machine mark 1.

man, it spirals out of control quickly.

i just like the armors so much.. and if i went the other route and tried to build teams, i would always want the newest version of each character and i could see that getting out of control more quickly and probably be a little more expensive.

so, besides the house party figures (which will hopefully continue).. i'm in for whatever armors show up in infinity wars.

Actually, if they don't re-release the MkVI or VII, that would be a good display idea for me.. MkIII next to whatever his last suit will be.... with both scales of my favourite 43 on action display.

The questions are at this stage, how many more suits will there be, and how many more years will we have to wait for the Hot Toy to come out... I'm 40 as it is now, :lol ... I might need the Stan Lee figure to represent me at this rate..

I'd just like to say that this is maybe the greatest thread title ever and I find myself laughing about it during my day. So, as always, all the points to The Mike.

:hi5:

There's no more Part 1 or Part 2 for Infinity War just Avengers: Infinity War. Finding this thread I bet we'll definitely have a Thanos with the Gauntlets.

that sounds like a good plan.

initially i had only planned on getting the final battle armors from each avengers movie.. but after i bought the mark 7 i decided to get the war machine mark 2.. then i said, well, i'll get the war machines from each avengers movie.. then i picked up heartbreaker and starboost. so i told myself, i'll just get the 3 house party suits from when they first showed up in iron man 3. then i bought shotgun. after that i said screw it and picked up centurion and the mark 42.

so.. my plan failed miserably. i figure, i'll have the 42 to go with the house party figures (i also have sneaky preordered, and if they announce blue steel, nightclub, disco, mark XIV, and hammerhead i'll get those as well) and i'm picking up the 45 because it's my favorite so far and it'll go with my war machine mark 2.. then i have the war machine mark 3 and iron man mark 46 preordered.. and if they reveal a diecast mark 6 i'll preorder that and the war machine mark 1.

man, it spirals out of control quickly.

i just like the armors so much.. and if i went the other route and tried to build teams, i would always want the newest version of each character and i could see that getting out of control more quickly and probably be a little more expensive.

so, besides the house party figures (which will hopefully continue).. i'm in for whatever armors show up in infinity wars.

I said I was going to do something like that with Iron Man and despite only getting a few its more than I intended, so much so now I am selling my Python and Silver Centurion on and with the pre-order of the Mark 6 considering selling on the Mark 3 too. My current idea is to have (or possibly 2) armours from each Phase max to represent... So the Mark 6 for Phase 1 (though a Mark VII will prove tempting) Mark 43 or 45 (whichever I end up preferring once I have both) for Phase 2 and right now the Mark 46 for Phase 3.

Then with the other characters I said I would get one and only one figure to represent Black Widow or War Machine (just for example) but right now I am considering doubling up with Cap and Hawkeyes Civil War figures (and keeping their AoU ones) not to mention not being able to make a decision on the IM2 or CW War Machine!

1st world collector probs right there, Hawkeye (and if IW proves tempting with Black Widow) I can always move the one(s) I don't want to display with my Avengers over to my SHIELD agent shelf I am planning (which works unless I put my 3 SHIELD Agents with the Avengers) but at some point I will just have to play favourites and if a newer figure has a better sculpt or general look I want more then I see no shame in selling stuff on to keep the collection under control not to mention displayable as its getting difficult to plan how I am intending to put shelves up already!

There's no more Part 1 or Part 2 for Infinity War just Avengers: Infinity War. Finding this thread I bet we'll definitely have a Thanos with the Gauntlets.

There seems to be some misleading info. It's still two movies, the second part is gonna be called something else though. The directors had said this months ago about wanting to get rid of the Part I and Part II subtitle because they felt it was implying Infinity Was was just one very long movie stretched over two parts, like the Harry Potter or Hunger Games finales.

There seems to be some misleading info. It's still two movies, the second part is gonna be called something else though. The directors had said this months ago about wanting to get rid of the Part I and Part II subtitle because they felt it was implying Infinity Was was just one very long movie stretched over two parts, like the Harry Potter or Hunger Games finales.

:exactly:

I have a strong feeling that we'll see some "Secret Wars" rumours flying around soon.

IW is going to be my last HT Marvel big film purchase. I'm going to significantly reduce my HT Marvel spending once RDJ and co are gone. My wallet is looking forward to it.

IW is going to be my last HT Marvel big film purchase. I'm going to significantly reduce my HT Marvel spending once RDJ and co are gone. My wallet is looking forward to it.

That's what I'm hoping, too. But you know what they say about Hot Toys...

godfather.jpg

:lol

Back