Avengers - The Infinity War a.k.a The Hot Toys Reckoning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no way marvel would announce something like this before the film even has a script. Not with that many actors. They essentially take half their leverage away in negotiations contracts. And i would be pretty surprised that all those make it to the film. At least both. Going by post announced or estimated deals that would make this film the most expensive ever with only the actors paid. It could cost a billion dollars to make.

Yeah I read that as well. It's part of the early process for getting the script and story hammered out. (Like a draft board) it's kinda like you throw every possible option on it and work it down till you get the best story. Then that gets submitted to the studio who says yes or no on the story, the script and the actors. It wouldn't matter if the directors wanted them all if the studio says no. It's just way to early to know who will make it or not. It's going to have a lot of people I have no doubt. Maybe even all of these (though some I doubt) plus ones we have yet to see. But it's possible only half will make it. Or ones not in that fan art. They end up losing people even after the film is shot at times with cuts and edits. I wouldn't put much stock into anything till we get closer.

Please tell me you guys remember the old school wwf wrestling. Infinity wars is going to be like wwfs' Royal Rumble. The movie will start with thanos slapping tony stark with the gauntlet....then "HOOOONK!!!!"(Horn sound) Then a new character will come running into the scene and start fighting. Ohhh this movie is gonna make me whip out my giant foam finger. I feel bad for the guy that sits behind me in the movie theatre. 67 hot toys?....unlikely. batman dark knights been on run for 3 movies and hasnt hit that many yet. Production is too long to do that many IMO.

Thanks for the link Nat, I should have known better then to think that image was official, wishful thinking got the better of me when I saw daredevil in there and with Ross in civil war I thought red hulk would make sense too.

You're welcome!

Joe Russo seems to be really focusing on the scope:

"We will say this: people will not be disappointed in the amount of characters in the movie," he said. "The concept of Infinity War is that the Marvel universe unites to battle the greatest threat to the world and universe that you’ve ever seen, and we’re going to honor that concept."

I'm thinking we may see 67 actual individual characters but like many have said it won't be traditional narratives about all of them and probably follow the Avengers core. What will be interesting is to see if they try to introduce someone new here and do an origin film afterwards or something like that. Given that Whedon has walked away from the MCU completely and the Russo Brothers seem to be the only real anchors right now, I don't see Feige and the studios saying no to them especially if Civil War is a hit.

Fixed for accuracy.

Sorry I disagree. If you don't like it why spend your free time on a site dedicated to the merchandise generAted from such average story's? And compared to what?

Sometimes the story is toned down and simplified but that has to be done because over half the audience is, well frankly..stupid. Can't just make it for the smart people. It's point is to appeal to the largest amount of people. I didn't find winter soldier average.

Howard's going to get his own high-rise thanks to IW figures.

71b5da4df4667eac363e49a7c27e32ef.1000x563x1.png

67 characters doesn't mean there's going to be 67 heroes/villains, could be a lot of random folks in that mix who are neither or have extremely tiny roles. Russos are just doing some really early story work and seeing what characters they could use.

There were probably well over 100 characters shown in the final Harry Potter 2-parter, doesn't mean they're all figure-worthy.

I agree with the films being longer, but anything over 3 hours for any movie, I think, is a bit much. I get that it's a huge story to tell, but that's why you split it into 2 movies.

Yeah. Especially since stupid Hollywood is sure to include a boring uneeded love story that will serve no purpose.

Back