Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked mine up and I don't know why this bust got so much bad press as mine is perfect, no paint issues and the lights are working. Only strange thing is the eyes are pink and not white but other than that I am very happy. Here is a very bad iPad pic.

View attachment 182720

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just picked mine up and I don't know why this bust got so much bad press as mine is perfect, no paint issues and the lights are working.
The problem is the price they are asking for this... No details whatsoever on the arc reactor? Seriously???
When light up it looks awesome but who keeps it 100% on? No one.

The problem is the price they are asking for this... No details whatsoever on the arc reactor? Seriously???
When light up it looks awesome but who keeps it 100% on? No one.

The blue is a bit naff on the arc reactor and eyes and could have just been left white. It is pretty heavy for the size and seems solid where some of my bigger busts are hollow and lighter. I got mine for a good price luckily but I was a bit worried after all the bad press it got.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got mine for a good price luckily but I was a bit worried after all the bad press it got.
Good for you. Lucky you!
If I could have gotten this for "cheap", would have jumped on it as it's my favorite suit. But being Canadian, getting anything Sideshow related NEVER ends "cheap"....

I got mine about 10 days and have to say I'm very impressed. I bought with the 20% off tax day coupon. There were no paint flaws, the lights flickered when i first set it up, but they have been fine since. It looks great in my apartment and with HT figures I have displayed on the shelves above it. Yes the arc reactor should have been more detailed, but overall I am very pleased with the purchase . IM-home.jpgbust-3a.jpg

Grats dude :clap

Looks pretty nice lit up, even though it's pinkish. If the bulbs die is there a way to access them to change them out?

No way I'd want to be stuck staring at an inaccurate blue arc reactor for the rest of my life.

Looks pretty nice lit up, even though it's pinkish. If the bulbs die is there a way to access them to change them out?

No way I'd want to be stuck staring at an inaccurate blue arc reactor for the rest of my life.

Lights are actually white in person - I had to increase brightness since pictures came too dark from the Ipad, so that probably turned the white light pinkish.

There is no way to replace the LEDs in the bust. I hardly ever turn it on, except when friends come over and want to see it lit up

Lights are actually white in person - I had to increase brightness since pictures came too dark from the Ipad, so that probably turned the white light pinkish.

There is no way to replace the LEDs in the bust. I hardly ever turn it on, except when friends come over and want to see it lit up

Ah, camera trickery. :lol

That's crumby about the bulbs, the bust looks so much better when it's all lit up.

The panel behind the arc reactor comes off as its just held on with some glue and you can access the led's from there. The only reason I know this is when I went to pick mine up there was someone already there picking their's up and when he took the torso out the box the panel fell off and you could see the reactor and all the wiring. It was only held on with a couple of spots of glue and would be easy enough to put back on. The lights in the eyes might be more trouble but I think you can take the faceplate off as it is a little loose and maybe do the hairdryer trick to loosen the glue but I am not sure what access you would have when you did.

I managed to pick up a Hot Toys Mark VII to display with my bust. I also had a chance to see the life size MK 42 bust at Midtown Comics this afternoon. While I like the 42 sculpt with the full shoulders, the paint app was very flat. I have to say the paint on the MK VII looks more striking with the red paint (compared the almost maroon color of the 42)View attachment 186866

Just bought one! Should be here next week. Anyone know how Roberto did his custom arc reactor? I can't seem to find the info anywhere in the forum.

@Stan's Comikazee Expo. Not authentic in the colors, but they weren't meant to be. Just eye catching and very cool. A little spill on the MKVII arc reactor...

MKIII looks so good too!!

Apparently there is a new batch coming out now, it is on pre-order on SSC website, anyone thinking about getting it?

Back