Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an issue with my bust: the head has to be positioned full facing to the left or the eyes don't light up. Did anyone else have issues with the connection to the base and was able to correct it?

It is a simple barrel/coaxial plug. The head has the female side and the male is in the bust...wonder if there is an easy way to correct barrel plug connections? Does the plug need to sit higher? or touch the interior wall of the plug to 'connect' properly? (Any electrical engineers in the house?)

The head on mine has to sit in exactly the right position or the connector does not make contact and the eyes light up, I thought the eyes were dead at first and then I wiggled it a few times and it lit up.

Mine is like that and getting worse...did you resolve it or do you just deal with it :(

@RobertoBagg10

How did you paint the face plate? I think I would like to that for mine. Also, did you fix your arc reactor with an exterior transparent overlay? (or did you have to do an internal job on it?)

@RobertoBagg10

How did you paint the face plate? I think I would like to that for mine. Also, did you fix your arc reactor with an exterior transparent overlay? (or did you have to do an internal job on it?)

Hey buddy, my bust was total repainted, even the reds aswell as the gold :) The Arc Reactor is an internal fix and looks totally epic! if you click the Instagram icon under my avatar you'll see a pic of it :)

Just had a display case specially made for it so still need to take pics which i'll post up real soon :)

Sweet! Did you do the repaint - I would like to get mine done as well.

:lol i wish i was that good ;) i leave these big jobs to the experts lol :) but I'm so glad I'm happy with mine now as I've heard so many QC issues with this particular bust. Lets hope the upcoming MK42 LSB proves to be a success :pray:

See SS are still trying to push this, just got an email.

Didn't they say there was three left like three months ago? Too much BS for one company.

Yeah, they must have received a new batch right? Don't worry though, when you get a dud you'll still be told they can't offer you a replacement.

I'd get one if it looked like this...

TB2k8GXaVXXXXc.XXXXXXXXXXXX-659572175.jpeg

Looks like more time and effort goes into the items heading out the back door.
(I do not promote nor condone the buying of recasts/knockoffs. It does look good though)

Nearly sold out?.. Months ago?..

20% off today, use REFUND2014

:rotfl

Yeah I saw this too, plugged in the coupon and then thought, with all the problems, that still is not a big enough discount.

Bummer too because I was sooo looking forward to this being my first life sized bust! Plus I really like the MkVII

Well I will be waiting until Thanksgiving...

despite the flaws, it it had a decent arc reactor I would have bit at 20% off plus double rewards. I guess the next deal will include free shipping too.

I'd get one if it looked like this...

View attachment 179457

Looks like more time and effort goes into the items heading out the back door.
(I do not promote nor condone the buying of recasts/knockoffs. It does look good though)

Too true, that looks like what everyone should have received from the 20 year leader in the industry who works with Legacy on these.

I'm not keen on that blue outline around the reactor but the rest of it looks awesome.

Decided to answer my own question. It fits but sticks out half an inch too far to close the door completely. I've decided to grow a pair and cut down the lower metal bar behind the glass so I can close the door.

Decided to answer my own question. It fits but sticks out half an inch too far to close the door completely. I've decided to grow a pair and cut down the lower metal bar behind the glass so I can close the door.

Oh whaaaaaaa? When it was on sale the other day with the REFUND2015 code, still I decided to pass on this bust bcuz the height measurement says it's 24'' high and I decided I wouldn't get it bcuz it won't fit into my BESTA shelves... Looks like you have plenty room to spare in the top clearance. Could you measure the bottom to top clearance of the bust? I will get it the next time there's a decent sale price on it. Also is it the bottom of the chest that is making contact with the door or is it the legs? What if you prop the bust up just a little bit so that chest clears the bottom of the door?

The bust is indeed 24" but if you have the 75" Besta you can adjust the height of the shelves. The door hits the lower part of the chest armor but raising the bust sounds like a good idea. I will use my extra shelves and try it later.
I bought the bust with the 20% coupon too, $720 shipped was too good of a deal to pass up. Here's a tip. if you leave the bust in your cart and wait a bit, a coupon code will pop up for 20% off

*update: there's only half inch clearance above the bust so raising it isn't going to work and right below the shelf it sits on is the hinge for the second door.

Last edited:
Back