Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to let anyone who saw my earlier post about my faulty light feature on my bust, I've managed to get it working. Unbelievably :slap, I think it was something as simple as a small piece of polystyrene in the socket jack on the base as I put the hoover nozzle over it in case anything was blocking the connection :slap. It worked straight away after :clap So this definitely wasn't an issue with the manufacturing or Sideshow. I feel a bit stupid :duh :dumbo: but at least it's working and I don't have to go through the hassle of a return.
The bust lit up is quality,very bright (possibly too bright for some people, although I love it) and definitely makes the product that much better :yess:

The head on mine has to sit in exactly the right position or the connector does not make contact and the eyes light up, I thought the eyes were dead at first and then I wiggled it a few times and it lit up.

Yea, I'm pretty confident that we'll see the line up of the Iron Patriot and MK42 lifesize busts at this years Comic Con....and hopefully a few of those newly announced Iron Man 1/4 Maquettes :yess: or is it too early :dunno I wonder....

I kind of hope that I get to see the SDCC MK42 bust pics/videos before my MK VII is shipped so I can be sure that the MK VII is the one I want. It appears that the MK 42 bust has a 'less detailed' AR as well, just a solid white (rather than a blue gradient ring like on the MK VII). I think the great AR on the War Machine isn't coming back any time soon. The reason I am not a fan of the MK42 armor is I like the heavy hot rod red paint with the gold mask look the best (looks more classic too me). Actually, I would like SS to redo the MK III bust and add the WM AR - that is what I would really like... :yess: like so: https://www.heyuguys.com/images/2010/05/iron-man-mark-iii-armor.jpg

The MK VII red is too rustic too me, but I think I would rather have it than the 42... https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113341/3038935-3719289743-559_m.jpg

**NOOB QUESTION ALERT** Are the people getting the first shipments getting lower edition numbers? Mine is scheduled to ship later this month...just curious if I have a shot at getting a low #....(I'm a number chaser on most pieces). # dontjudgeme

**NOOB QUESTION ALERT** Are the people getting the first shipments getting lower edition numbers? Mine is scheduled to ship later this month...just curious if I have a shot at getting a low #....(I'm a number chaser on most pieces). # dontjudgeme

Hey buddy, I'm afraid these busts won't be individually numbered on the base :( it'll just say limited edition...

This is an open edition piece so it won't be numbered unlike most of what Sideshow makes which is limited edition size and hand numbered.

That shows how much effort and research I did...just gave Sideshow the money and didn't pay any attention!! Thanks guys! Still beyond excited to get it!

Hey buddy, I'm afraid these busts won't be individually numbered on the base :( it'll just say limited edition...

This is an open edition piece so it won't be numbered unlike most of what Sideshow makes which is limited edition size and hand numbered.

just pointing out to anyone new to the hobby that an edition # has nothing to do with when a statue was made. #1 could have been the last one produced and vice versa.

is Mark 3 bust paint job is exact same for Mark 7 bust?? what is difference between faceplate of Mark 3 & 7

Last edited:
is Mark 3 bust paint job is exact same for Mark 7 bust?? what is difference between faceplate of Mark 3 & 7

until it arrives inhand Dhav its hard to tell but from those inhand pics I'd say that the MKVII looks better in terms of paint apps ;) remember there were a numerous amount of complaints on the MKIII regarding areas of the bust (notably the inside neck area) that weren't even painted :huh plus not forgetting the flaking of paintwork on the base itself so fingers crossed the MKVII is looking promising :)

I found a great site to buy stands for collectors. Anyone else use this or have a comment? https://www.pedestalsource.com/ (and no - I don't work for them). I just wanted a good stand for the bust.

Sweeeet!! Thanks for sharing!! The options are dizzying! Gotta hit the enclosed encased pedestal, top down lighting, and mechanical turntable. Gotta do it all for the MKVII Legendary scale!!

Sweeeet!! Thanks for sharing!! The options are dizzying! Gotta hit the enclosed encased pedestal, top down lighting, and mechanical turntable. Gotta do it all for the MKVII Legendary scale!!

They are nice. I got the 18x18x36 black laminate with a toekick. Considered the above lighting, but decided to wait to see if needed. There are some awesome display options for premium and legendary format pieces.

From what I have seen the paint jobs look really good especially when its been polished. The annoying thing is that the collectors that have it in person are shying away from showing the reactor when the light is off.

Back