Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case anyone is interested, mine arrived yesterday and the gold face was very matt and dull, I was very disappointed, however I just gave it a good polish with some decent car wax and it made a HUGE difference, it's nice and shiny now just like the red areas. When I was buffering it there was a greyish residue coming off so my guess is that they did not spend enough time buffing the gold paint at the factory and that this paint just needs some buffing and some car wax to look nice and shiny. I am much happier with it now. I do find the light in the chest too bright though, you really can't see the blue surround and at night it lights up the whole room white so I am going to look for a blueish filter, maybe a little theatrical lighting gel to put on the front to dim it a bit. Great piece!!! also in case anyone is wondering, no you cannot change the head position at all or pose it differently, it only goes together in this position.

Just in case anyone is interested, mine arrived yesterday and the gold face was very matt and dull, I was very disappointed, however I just gave it a good polish with some decent car wax and it made a HUGE difference, it's nice and shiny now just like the red areas. When I was buffering it there was a greyish residue coming off so my guess is that they did not spend enough time buffing the gold paint at the factory and that this paint just needs some buffing and some car wax to look nice and shiny. I am much happier with it now. I do find the light in the chest too bright though, you really can't see the blue surround and at night it lights up the whole room white so I am going to look for a blueish filter, maybe a little theatrical lighting gel to put on the front to dim it a bit. Great piece!!! also in case anyone is wondering, no you cannot change the head position at all or pose it differently, it only goes together in this position.

I remember people doing that with the Mark III bust and it came out really good. Can you post some pictures of how yours came out?

:postpics:

I'll take some pics tomorrow, it's dark now but it was really flat and matt and now it's almost as shiny as car paint so I'm very happy.

Congrats on your purchase buddy :clap from what I've seen in the pics and the YT vid, the faceplate doesn't appear to look majorly flat...however, wasn't the MKIII also the same? I certainly wouldn't be attempting to wax mine :horror thing is, you don't know how long that shine will last for and so you may have to continuely keep buffing the faceplate which you then risk in removing the gold paint...as you already mentioned you noticed grey residue coming off :horror this alone would be enough to scare the crap out of me! :panic:

Definitely keep us updated about what you plan to do for the AR. I'll be waiting for mine to arrive inhand before deciding whether to design some kind of a covering using an ultra thin Perspex sheet and cut to the same size as the AR :dunno

You're welcome Andy :wink1:

next Part is online

(credits to Josh Marinez)

Thanks for sharing Oktay :hi5: for those of us still waiting, these pics and vids certainly make the wait a little easier to bare ;)

Looks sweet with all the lights on. :rock

Yea, loving the lights :rock for me personally, Iron Man collectibles without light features just isn't the same...

Yea, loving the lights :rock for me personally, Iron Man collectibles without light features just isn't the same...

No lighty no likey!

paddy%20mcguinness%20jan%202013.jpg

Back