Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats for the bust, it's a shame that your bust has the problem with the lights but I hope Sideshow change your bust for an other one.
In your pictures the bust looks better, like is in direct.

Sorry naraki, I don't have the Mk3 bust to compare. It's a great piece and certainly my concerns about the paint job was unfounded. They obviously learnt from the problems they had with the mk3.

Thanks, I really am happy with the bust as a whole. I missed out on the Mk3 bust so was always going to go for this one. I think you're right that the silver pieces actually improve the look of the bust, had they been red it could have looked a little plain, although I do understand the argument for 100% film accurate pieces. I have just looked at the IM3 poster with the Mk7 in the hall of armour that has the silver pieces so I'm just concluding that there must have been to versions of the suit for Avengers and IM3. Like I said, it doesn't really bother me.
It's certainly a bummer that the light up features don't work and it's both arc reactor and eyes. There must be a loose connection or something. I'm guessing more people will start receiving their busts soon so I'll wait and see if anyone else has a similar problem. I'll keep you updated on what Sideshow says.

Thanks :hi5: that'll be awesome...again, like Frobays pics earlier, yours have got me so excited to finally receive mine :yess: by the way, is that Avengers wallpaper or just posters in the background? Looks fantastic! And I see you have the MKIII LSF my friend...you sir have great taste! :duff :lol

Thanks :hi5: that'll be awesome...again, like Frobays pics earlier, yours have got me so excited to finally receive mine :yess: by the way, is that Avengers wallpaper or just posters in the background? Looks fantastic! And I see you have the MKIII LSF my friend...you sir have great taste! :duff :lol

Yes, I have the MkIII LSF and the MKVI PF along with other Avengers PFs and Hot Toys so my collection is growing nicely. I'm glad my photos have got you excited and will hopefully ease people's minds about the quality concerns as there's been (understandably) a lot of negativity about this bust over the two years!
I hand painted my film room wall. I have a thread about the painting here https://www.avforums.com/threads/hand-painted-marvel-wall.1827893/

Sorry naraki, I don't have the Mk3 bust to compare. It's a great piece and certainly my concerns about the paint job was unfounded. They obviously learnt from the problems they had with the mk3.

Yes, a lot of Mark III busts had a problems with the painjob, anyways I like how it looks in your pictures, thanks and congrats again.

Yes, I have the MkIII LSF and the MKVI PF along with other Avengers PFs and Hot Toys so my collection is growing nicely. I'm glad my photos have got you excited and will hopefully ease people's minds about the quality concerns as there's been (understandably) a lot of negativity about this bust over the two years!
I hand painted my film room wall. I have a thread about the painting here https://www.avforums.com/threads/hand-painted-marvel-wall.1827893/

AWESOME :clap

infact, thinking about it now, its pretty much 80% of the reason why I pre order my Iron Man busts with Sideshow purely for the fact that if there is a problem with the light up features or any serious QC issues then Sideshow will 9 times out of 10 resolve the issue whereas ordering locally might not get you another bust in perfect condition...so at least you have that piece of mind Andrew that you will get a replacement buddy...hopefully it wont take another year! ;) :lol

infact, thinking about it now, its pretty much 80% of the reason why I pre order my Iron Man busts with Sideshow purely for the fact that if there is a problem with the light up features or any serious QC issues then Sideshow will 9 times out of 10 resolve the issue whereas ordering locally might not get you another bust in perfect condition...so at least you have that piece of mind Andrew that you will get a replacement buddy...hopefully it wont take another year! ;) :lol

Yeah, I know they'll try their best to resolve the issue. My main concern is the box is huge and it weighs so much. I've never once had a problem with products direct from Sideshow. Do they expect me to ship the bust back to them? I'll be hit with the initial import duty tax in the next few days so I don't really want to be incurring a second charge for a new piece. That said, I wouldn't be happy paying $800 plus shipping for a bust that is faulty.

Yeah, I know they'll try their best to resolve the issue. My main concern is the box is huge and it weighs so much. I've never once had a problem with products direct from Sideshow. Do they expect me to ship the bust back to them? I'll be hit with the initial import duty tax in the next few days so I don't really want to be incurring a second charge for a new piece. That said, I wouldn't be happy paying $800 plus shipping for a bust that is faulty.

From previous experience buddy, due to the size and weight of the piece, they'll get you to smash it up before sending a replacement plus you wont have to pay a single fee or extra tax for the replacement so don't worry about that :)

From previous experience buddy, due to the size and weight of the piece, they'll get you to smash it up before sending a replacement plus you wont have to pay a single fee or extra tax for the replacement so don't worry about that :)
I watched a video on youtube once of some guys smashing up a MK3 bust. It was painful to watch something like that go to waste. I'll have to get my wife to do it. I'm sure she'll take more pleasure in doing it :lol

I watched a video on youtube once of some guys smashing up a MK3 bust. It was painful to watch something like that go to waste. I'll have to get my wife to do it. I'm sure she'll take more pleasure in doing it :lol

:lol I'm exactly the same...I could never do it so would have to hand the hammer over to my wife aswell :exactly:

Just reading through your AVF on the Marvel wall painting and I'm mesmerised! That must have taken quite a while to complete and when I saw the work you did on your newborns nursery wall, it reminded me of when I was thinking of doing the same for my little girls room but with Jungle Book characters :lol in the end, we went with wallpaper :lol :lol I'm just thinking, god forbid you had to move to a bigger home cos you'd have to leave those Marvel drawings behind :(

:lol I'm exactly the same...I could never do it so would have to hand the hammer over to my wife aswell :exactly:

Just reading through your AVF on the Marvel wall painting and I'm mesmerised! That must have taken quite a while to complete and when I saw the work you did on your newborns nursery wall, it reminded me of when I was thinking of doing the same for my little girls room but with Jungle Book characters :lol in the end, we went with wallpaper :lol :lol I'm just thinking, god forbid you had to move to a bigger home cos you'd have to leave those Marvel drawings behind :(

It took 120 hours over 3 months. The house is big enough that I don't think we'll need to move for more space. If it did ever happen, I'll have to paint a Marvel Wall Mk2 :clap My main problem is finding the space for my collection. I don't want to over-crowd the room, I've got some pretty big pieces now.

It took 120 hours over 3 months. The house is big enough that I don't think we'll need to move for more space. If it did ever happen, I'll have to paint a Marvel Wall Mk2 :clap My main problem is finding the space for my collection. I don't want to over-crowd the room, I've got some pretty big pieces now.

:lol @ Marvel Wall MK2 :clap (by the way, I think Loki is my favourite out of all those you painted...awesome job!)

So are you getting the MKVII LSF aswell Andrew?

:lol @ Marvel Wall MK2 :clap (by the way, I think Loki is my favourite out of all those you painted...awesome job!)

So are you getting the MKVII LSF aswell Andrew?

I think money restraints since the little fella arrived will put pay to another LSF, especially the Mk7 suit now I have the bust. Still, it would be nice to have two either side of the tv :wink1:

I think it's a fair bust for what you pay, I mean the suits in the movies are billion dollar pieces of technology, it's hard to get something that looks 100% authentic to that (which half the time is CG anyway) for $799! Even the stuff on studio tours doesn't always look that great. Still, it's a bit too plastic-like still for my liking, I suspect you'd need to make the thing out of actual metal or resin painted with metallic point to really get it spot on, but that would probably cost 2k and weigh a tonne.

I don't understand how is possible that are people thinking that this is a good bust for 800$, are you serious guys? you know how much it cost paint a bust like that?
We are talking of a big company who makes thousands statues made in china, for this price the statue should be much better than it is, and for the same price could be even with real metal parts.
The problem is Sideshow, they lower the quality of the product paying less to the chinese factories to gain more money, they don't care if the final product is not like the prototype that they show to sell, they don't care to make a great final product and they don't care about the customers, only care about gain more money, this is the f*ing reality...and the worst of all is that a lot of people is content with whatever.

By the way, with all this I don't want to ofense anybody, I'm not looking to ofense or start a discussion, only is my opnion.

You're entitled to it but they are a business.
Don't like, Don't order is everyones option :)

Now the two year wait to find out what you're getting...
That's inexcusable. Although it does look like the proto.

This bust is identical to the prototype photos from which I decided to order two years ago. I don't believe any quality has been lost during the production stages and I definitely don't agree that Sideshow don't care about what the final product looks like. They're pretty much top of the table when it comes to high end collectables and they haven't got there by churning out rubbish to make a profit. Of course they're going to make money, they're a successful business. Collectorcol is completely right that two years waiting time is inexcusable but it's happened. Now I have the bust I'm happy with what I've got. It's an excellent piece. And this is coming from the guy who's bust doesn't even light up!!! That I'm not happy with but will hopefully sort the issue satisfactorily with Sideshow. I do think they skimped a bit on the arc reactor, especially as the War Machine bust had a better one but I knew that from the start.

This bust is identical to the prototype photos from which I decided to order two years ago. I don't believe any quality has been lost during the production stages and I definitely don't agree that Sideshow don't care about what the final product looks like. They're pretty much top of the table when it comes to high end collectables and they haven't got there by churning out rubbish to make a profit. Of course they're going to make money, they're a successful business. Collectorcol is completely right that two years waiting time is inexcusable but it's happened. Now I have the bust I'm happy with what I've got. It's an excellent piece. And this is coming from the guy who's bust doesn't even light up!!! That I'm not happy with but will hopefully sort the issue satisfactorily with Sideshow. I do think they skimped a bit on the arc reactor, especially as the War Machine bust had a better one but I knew that from the start.

:goodpost: couldn't agree more buddy :)

Back