Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I present to you the Sideshow Iron Man MKVII lifesize bust

u7a4e8ad.jpg

enevuguz.jpg

ase2ady9.jpg

a7e3ydys.jpg

u9y3egab.jpg

jutyda4a.jpg

Ummmm the head TURNS?????

I think I prefer the MK III bust, even without the reactor. It just has a nicer design around the neck area the then MKVII and the sloping shoulders work better for a traditional superhero profile.

Here's one someone repainted:

ironman4-3.jpg

For me this just doesn't look like metal, it looks like plastic and if I flicked it with my finger I could imagine the hollow ping it would make.

e5upy3yn.jpg

Shame, cos I am trying to justify getting it because 699 is a decent price but all for nought if it doesn't end up looking real.

Think I'll wait for some in-hand pics.

Something weird about the way it seems to lean back. I like my MKIII better and I think the MK42 blows both of them away.

never liked this to begin with. It looks ok, like the finish of the older Mark 3, but it just looks odd.

I think because the parts and pieces are so minimal, basic and tacked on looking, combined with the blue painted reactor lends the bust a very "cartoonish" look. Not nearly the detail and technicality you'd want to see in something so big, it looks more like a much smaller toy that's been scaled up. I think making it so tall as to include the arc reactor but leaving out the shoulders really throws off the proportions as well.

The MkIII looks good because proportionally the face is the focal point

ironman4-3.jpg

and the proto Mk42 looks good because while it is taller it has shoulders which gives it a pleasing "stance"- plus its dripping with detail incorporated in all that extra mass

400253_press02.jpg

Head looks different from the prototype. It looks square-ish on the final product. And it tilted upwards.

Summed up perfectly by rocbolt.
The asking price on this is laughable for the detail presented imho.

The Mk42 looks like brushed metal on the proto which sets it apart from this plastic looking effort.
If it turns out like that I will gladly cough up the money even though I hated the movie it comes from.

Will wait for Andy's review on this really wanted nice IM bust in my collection but i m not happy with posted pics here. If After seeing review n pics i didnt find it justifying i will cancel it right away. I have this on order n dont want to loose nrd. This nrd stuff is killing me.....

Sideshow should atlist offer nrd transfer. This product we r getting based on the pics n there r changes in final product they should offer transfer atlist..

Lol, I've lost like a PF's worth on NRD over the years, I keep changing my mind on everything, I probably should ask for a transfer next time.

Lol, I've lost like a PF's worth on NRD over the years, I keep changing my mind on everything, I probably should ask for a transfer next time.

I have lost nrd's too. As i m international customer have to dealt with customs extra shipping so wont like to loose nrd. i m still looking forward to good revies for this bust i want best im bust in my collection for sure

I'm 50/50 on this piece. I don't hate the pics, but I understand the comments about the plastic look. I'll have to wait till it ships. Keeping my order, but if its junk its going back. Screw the MK42, now way it looks like those proto pics. That's all photo-shopped.

Will wait for Andy's review on this really wanted nice IM bust in my collection but i m not happy with posted pics here. If After seeing review n pics i didnt find it justifying i will cancel it right away. I have this on order n dont want to loose nrd. This nrd stuff is killing me.....

No worries brother, i'll definitely get the pics up as soon as I get it along with my thoughts and I certainly wont be biased as i'll be returning the darn thing back if I see any marks or dents anywhere or if any of the light features are defective :lecture this was one of the main reasons for ordering direct with Sideshow as they'll be able to offer a replacement service pretty much straight away if any such issues are found, a service which would be much more difficult if ordered locally. In regards to the bust, I really don't have a problem with the way it looks...I was under the impression that what we saw of this bust back in early January at the London and Nuremberg Toy Fairs was pretty much the final product and that the blue tinge to the arc reactor would not be changed so for me personally I'm still really looking forward to getting mine. Yes, I understand that the level of detail on the arc reactor is definitely not the same from what we received for our War Machine busts so I will admit that the design aspect could have been done alot better for the MKVII, still it does have a cool feature (like the MKVII LSF) in which you can remove the ammo packs from the shoulder :)

As for it looking plastic, well again, that could also be to do with lighting...I can pretty much make all my existing Sideshow Iron Man busts look plastic if I was to shine unlimited 100 watt bulbs all around them :lol not forgetting that the MKVII armour was a lot more glossier anyway compared to the earlier MKIII suits :lecture

For those wanting an Iron Man bust in their collection and are still undecided regarding this one then definitely wait for inhand pics before making a decision. The MKIII bust as a whole proved to be a success as Sideshow's first bust and War Machine was even better...will this MKVII be a step forward from those two? Only time will tell once these start to ship...I hope so :pray:

Back