Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With just less than 2 weeks before this ships I can't see too many changes made to the bust from what we saw at last months toy fairs...so I'm guessing this is it...

6y3ysabu.jpg

Really hoping it's one of those pieces that looks much better inhand as I was hoping to get a more metallic faceplate...looks like it will have the same finish as used on their MKIII Bust

eja8e8er.jpg

That's what I'm thinking. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another disappointment. We'll know in a couple weeks I guess. Luckily, mine doesn't ship until the middle of March... by then the videos and pictures will have come out and I'll be able to see whether I'll keep this one or not.

I'm hoping for the best :pray:

That's what I'm thinking. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another disappointment. We'll know in a couple weeks I guess. Luckily, mine doesn't ship until the middle of March... by then the videos and pictures will have come out and I'll be able to see whether I'll keep this one or not.

I'm hoping for the best :pray:

Yea, I was actually really happy with the SS MKIII bust so it wouldn't be the end of the world if the faceplate has the same finish. I was late to the collection scene and so missed out when Sideshow first shipped out the MKIII lifesize bust, however, I managed to bag a brand new one at the beginning of last year and thankfully it was one of the rare ones that came with hardly any issues although I do remember mine having a tiny ding to it but its hardly noticable. As I understand it, the more common issues with the MKIII was the flaking paint on the base and the other one was poor paint application, notably around the neck area I think...

Just noticed on your signature DFanatic the picture of the MKVII Shoulder Ammo Pack...I know that they are detachable on the bust and the LSF but how cool would it be to have them open up like in your pic and reveal those tiny missiles!!! :rock details like that would certainly help justify the asking price...

Looks like this is pushed back to May....there must be a lot of issues with this piece. Kinda of wish I never ordered this. I flexed this and would rather have my money back and wait for in hand pics.

Looks like this is pushed back to May....there must be a lot of issues with this piece. Kinda of wish I never ordered this. I flexed this and would rather have my money back and wait for in hand pics.

Yep, just got the email... MAY! I starting to feel the same way you do NASEDO. I'm not joking around though, this thing better come out flawless or I'm cancelling. I'm done making compromises.

SS have already said they will offer refunds on delayed pieces.
Nothing has had more delays than this.
If you're serious just contact them... remember the LSB.

Yep, just got the email... MAY! I starting to feel the same way you do NASEDO. I'm not joking around though, this thing better come out flawless or I'm cancelling. I'm done making compromises.

Email? May? Only email I recieved from Sideshow was on Monday stating that my account will be charged on the 28th February :dunno :lol

y6a8eraq.jpg

Email? May? Only email I recieved from Sideshow was on Monday stating that my account will be charged on the 28th February :dunno :lol

y6a8eraq.jpg

Damn, man. Normally I would call you lucky for getting it (way) before some of us but considering everything that is going on with these QC issues I feel worried for you. I hope it comes out great shape, though. At least we'll finally be able to indulge in some nice, in hand pictures.

PS: I'll try to contact sideshow through their chat to see if they can change the delivery address on my item #400190. :devil

Damn, man. Normally I would call you lucky for getting it (way) before some of us but considering everything that is going on with these QC issues I feel worried for you. I hope it comes out great shape, though. At least we'll finally be able to indulge in some nice, in hand pictures.

PS: I'll try to contact sideshow through their chat to see if they can change the delivery address on my item #400190. :devil

:lol yea, I know a lot of guys that have pre ordered this are also waiting in anticipation to see if its a flop or if it passes approval. I think its gonna be hot or miss whichever way you look at it bro...there are some that are hoping that the Arc Reactor wont have that outer edge blue tone to it and some, like myself, are still hoping to see a more brushed metallic effect on the faceplate but I don't think anything is gonna change from this pic which was taken a few weeks ago at the London/Nuremberg Toy Fairs...as long as the paint apps are good, light features work and it arrives with no damage then i'll be a happy collector...really looking forward to this one and the MKVII LSF this year :rock

ysybuve5.jpg

Last edited:
Just got the delay email too.. So, either none is getting this now or there's only a few going out this time? My guess is no one will see this before May..

Got an email today saying it will be delayed till May. I'm thinking of contacting Sideshow and asking if I can transfer my down payment to the 42 instead. (if possible)

I'm thinking of contacting Sideshow and asking if I can transfer my down payment to the 42 instead. (if possible)

Tell them you want to cancel because of the constant delays and they will move it for you.

That's not a bad idea... I just not 100% sure I want to cancel it just yet, though these delays (and history) are a bit of a red flag.

I have this on flex,does sideshow allow us move the last payment to a later date? I wouldn't mind getting a month later if it meant seeing everyone pictures and video of it, first.

I got it on Flex to. That's a great idea to move the money. But the 42 is probably 2 years away. I been eyeing the Sauron PF, but I do need the Iron Man Bust to complete my Avengers 1:1 Bust display.

Back